ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 English Language - Degree Proof Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 1 English Language - Degree Proof Help

Post by hemanthjava » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:11 am

Hello All,

I have started my Work for Collecting Documents for the UK Visa Which I may apply in January. I am running short of time and hence want to start with the most difficult ones.

I completed my Degree in BE, VTU University (MS Ramaiah). And the degree was taught in English. Now I need a Proof of it. Has anyone got the format which the UK Embassy is expecting for verification. Has anyone applied for it in and got it. Could you please help me go about it. Because I am unsure whether to go to my college to collect such a verification document or go to the University in Belgaum.

Thanks in Advance....

Source: http://www.iwebie.com/hsmp-uk-visa-faqs

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am

Goto:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

Read the instructions for claiming 10 points for English Language Ability carefully. You will know what needs to be done.

Do some reading and will help clear a lot of things.

Just to answer your question in brief, nothing from your college/Univ will help you in claiming these 10 points. Except ofcourse you need your degree certificate (and Transcript)

Regards,
Amit

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Re: Hi

Post by hemanthjava » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm

amitkddas wrote:Goto:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

Read the instructions for claiming 10 points for English Language Ability carefully. You will know what needs to be done.

Do some reading and will help clear a lot of things.

Just to answer your question in brief, nothing from your college/Univ will help you in claiming these 10 points. Except ofcourse you need your degree certificate (and Transcript)

Regards,
Amit
Thanks mate. I knew that I can claim English Points via getting a Univ Stamped Letter. The thing is I wanted to know if anyone has gone to VTU Belgaum and how to approach and so on.

And one last doubt. Do we need the transcript or just sending the Copies of all 8 marks cards will do..?

Because I don't see a place where they mention that they need a transcript?

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 am

Pal....what you know in INCORRECT....

You cannot get 10 points by getting a university stamped letter....
It clearly shows that you have not bothered to read the guidance.

For claiming 10 points ur univ needs to be listed in the points calculator and should award your univ degree 10 points.

Also you need the degree certificate..and if you dont have one then you need to give a provisional degree certificate....and an explananiotn letter as to why you dont have the degree certificate.

As for the transcript...if you have AT ALL had a look at the forms one needs to fill in..... you have check boxes where Transcript is an option and hence you can submit the same as well.

My Advise...PLEASE read the guidance before you apply for anything.