ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with supporting documents for visitor visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sridharvaranasi7
Newly Registered
India

Applying visitor visa for my mother

Post by Sridharvaranasi7 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm

Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for visitor visa for my mother who is currently living in India. She is a housewife and has a monthly income from fixed deposits interest and rental yield of around 40,000 INR (~400£). Apart from this financially she has some other savings as well. This would be her first visit to the UK. I'm planning to apply for a 1 year visitor visa and her stay would be for 4 months.

Me (on skilled worker visa) and my wife (as my dependant) are both working and have a 2 year old kid.

I have the following queries:

Could you please let me know what all documents are needed while applying for visitor visa for my mother?

We are staying in a 1 bed room apartment, will that be an issue while applying for the visitor visa?

Is there anything that I need to take care of in terms of her length of stay. What would be the ideal duration of her stay so that her visa doesn't get rejected on the grounds of length of stay?

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information. Any help on this request would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying visitor visa for my mother

Post by Ticktack » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm

Sridharvaranasi7 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for visitor visa for my mother who is currently living in India. She is a housewife and has a monthly income from fixed deposits interest and rental yield of around 40,000 INR (~400£). Apart from this financially she has some other savings as well. This would be her first visit to the UK. I'm planning to apply for a 1 year visitor visa and her stay would be for 4 months.

Me (on skilled worker visa) and my wife (as my dependant) are both working and have a 2 year old kid.

I have the following queries:

Could you please let me know what all documents are needed while applying for visitor visa for my mother? There are no list of documents for a visitors visa. Documents are relative to individuals and their different circumstances. You need to think of what you plan to add in support of the application. Then we can tell you if it's needed or not.
You naturally need documents that can show financial and socio-economic ties to country of residence. proof of funds for visitation.

We are staying in a 1 bed room apartment, will that be an issue while applying for the visitor visa? Nope

Is there anything that I need to take care of in terms of her length of stay. What would be the ideal duration of her stay so that her visa doesn't get rejected on the grounds of length of stay? 2 weeks

Please let me know if I need to provide any additional information. Any help on this request would be highly appreciated. She obviously doesn't really earn, so you might have to add your payslips and 6 months statement of account in support of her application.

Thanks,
Sridhar
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Sridharvaranasi7
Newly Registered
India

Help with supporting documents for visitor visa to UK

Post by Sridharvaranasi7 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for visitor visa for my mother who is currently living in India.

Below are the additional documents required, could you please advise on what can be provided as supporting documents that can be submitted for the following documents.

Evidence of funds available to you, and which are clearly accessible by you

My mother has multiple bank accounts in India, does she need to provide bank statements of all the bank accounts. Since she is not employed, does she need to provide my payslips or bank statements as well.

Evidence of support you will receive from your sponsor including details of what support is being provided and how

what all documents do I need to submit for this, if there is a format for the sponsorship letter can you please post that?

Evidence of the relationship, if any, between you and your sponsor

Will my passport be sufficient as it has my mother's name in it, please advice.

Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit

What document can be provided for this?

Invitation from your UK based family or friend(s) and evidence of their permission to be in the UK

Is there a specific format for this, please let me know what all details should be mentioned.

Also, it would be really helpful if anyone could provide a sample sponsorship letter and any document which would be helpful to prove that my mother would be visiting us for a short span.

Thanks,
Sridhar