ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the UK and B1 test after submitting Set LR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majddi
Newly Registered

life in the UK and B1 test after submitting Set LR?

Post by majddi » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:08 pm

Can I send life in the UK and B1 results after submitting Set(LR)? I do not have any of them. They are very easy to pass and I intend to do the exams before the biometric appointment. I never thought the rules of 1o year long residence Set (LR) to be changed. I have heard the news just last night.

Any ideas would be appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: life in the UK and B1 test after submitting Set LR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:11 pm

What rules changed? There hasn't been any. Set LR has always required B1 and LIUK and has been clearly stated in ukvi website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

majddi
Newly Registered

Post by majddi » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm

On 12 April 2023 this rule will change to exclude from the definition of lawful residence temporary immigration categories, such as visitor visa, short term student visa and temporary admission granted while an application for asylum or humanitarian protection is under consideration.

The amendment will come into force with a retrospective effect – in other words, applications made before 13 April will be decided under the current rules and applications made after 12 of April will be decided under the new rules even if the periods of residence under consideration were before 12 April 2023.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:43 am

majddi wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm
On 12 April 2023 this rule will change to exclude from the definition of lawful residence temporary immigration categories, such as visitor visa, short term student visa and temporary admission granted while an application for asylum or humanitarian protection is under consideration.

The amendment will come into force with a retrospective effect – in other words, applications made before 13 April will be decided under the current rules and applications made after 12 of April will be decided under the new rules even if the periods of residence under consideration were before 12 April 2023.
How does your quote above reflect effect on English language qualifications or requirements?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:35 am

majddi wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm

I think the rules will change for applications from 13 April.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:41 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:43 am

How does your quote above reflect effect on English language qualifications or requirements?
My guess is that these tests are not yet done?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

majddi
Newly Registered

Post by majddi » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:47 am

my question was: Can I apply without proofing the life in the UK and B1 pass result?
I know the answer is: NO
BUT
What I meant the new rules affected my stay in the UK because I am not on a lawful continues 10 year long residence stay but on humanitarian protection so this is no longer counts as a lawful stay.

and because of these new rules that will be affected today or tomorrow there is no time to book the tests just the time after I submit the application and I think about a month or so. In this time I can do the both tests and I am 100% sure I can pass the two exams easily.
My question again is it possible to do the tests after I apply? and do the tests and upload the results with my documents before the upload documents time finishes?
The only issues here that I tick NO in the application when I answered the question: Do you have life the UK pass code?

Some people told me why you did not apply for the tests before when I have no problem to pass the tests easily?
My answer is I was in a comfort zone and if anyone has entered it he/she may live with something called procrastination. That is is exactly me! Unfortunately!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 pm

majddi wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:47 am
but on humanitarian protection so this is no longer counts as a lawful stay.
I think leave under humanitarian protection will still count?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:46 pm

I agree with Vinny, why are you saying the 'humanitarian protection' does not count ??? Only Temporary admission does NOT count :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

munirabid
Member of Standing

Post by munirabid » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:43 pm

Those applied befor 12 April 2023, Temporary admission still count for them and those applied after 12th April 2023, so no more Temporary admission count.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:27 am

That’s correct. They have removed Temporary admission eligibility.