ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help. On Spouse Visa home address changed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please help. On Spouse Visa home address changed

Post by ray_of_li » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,
Hope you all doing well. I got second extension to my spouse visa last year. This year we moved to a new address do I need to update home office with my new address as I currently don't have any pending applications?

In the email when I got the visa it says if the circumstances or information changes to report it online on the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

If you open this link it also states that I must update my address if it has changed.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Please help. On Spouse Visa home address changed

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:06 pm

ray_of_li wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:33 pm
Hi everyone,
Hope you all doing well. I got second extension to my spouse visa last year. This year we moved to a new address do I need to update home office with my new address as I currently don't have any pending applications?

In the email when I got the visa it says if the circumstances or information changes to report it online on the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

If you open this link it also states that I must update my address if it has changed.

Thanks
No you don't need to tell anyone that you've moved house. There would be an opportunity for you to list all addresses you've lived at when you make your next application.

"Circumstances change" is if you break up with your spouse, as you visa is dependent on that, not your physical location.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ray_of_li » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:51 pm

Hi Ticktack,

Thanks for the reply. I am getting conflicting information about this. The email I received once my application for extension was approved said the following:

If your information or circumstances change
If your information or circumstances change you may need to tell us. You can find out what changes you should tell us about and how to do so at: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Here it says clearly information or circumstances and if you open the link it says to update the address if it changes if you have BRP.

Many thanks,
Ray.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:00 pm

ray_of_li wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:51 pm
Hi Ticktack,

Thanks for the reply. I am getting conflicting information about this. The email I received once my application for extension was approved said the following:

If your information or circumstances change
If your information or circumstances change you may need to tell us. You can find out what changes you should tell us about and how to do so at: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Here it says clearly information or circumstances and if you open the link it says to update the address if it changes if you have BRP.

Many thanks,
Ray.
You do not have to, HO has enough on her plate. When you need to make other application you will get the opportunity to update previous addresses in form.
Keep your mind at rest till next time you have application to submit to HO.

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ray_of_li » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:01 pm

Many thanks for the reply.