ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Work Start Date - ILR impact

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adilmd
Newly Registered
India

Delay in Work Start Date - ILR impact

Post by adilmd » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:04 pm

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the moderators/admin and all the active users and experts who are supporting. My query is below,

Work Start Date in CoS - 1 March 2018

Visa was issued on 25th March 2018

Entered UK - 05 April 2018

Reported to Company and started working form - 07 April 2018 (38 delay from Start Date in CoS)
(Note: I was transferred from home company in India to their office in the UK through Tier 2 General. So I was working in India till 04th April 2018 in the same company)

I am not sure whether the company has reported the delay in the work start date in SMS.
Not in good terms with the employer, as I changed my job in 2020. Hence I cannot go back and ask them about it.

I am applying for ILR now , will there be an impact in delayed start date? Has anyone had similar experience and received ILR?

It is stressing me out , experts and people who have similar experience your opinion please.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delay in Work Start Date - ILR impact

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:52 pm

This has been answered hundreds of times and now almost asked daily here. Your ILR qualification period does NOT depend on the date of COS or start date at all. ILR qualification period ONLY depends on your visa issue date :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adilmd
Newly Registered
India

Re: Delay in Work Start Date - ILR impact

Post by adilmd » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:39 am

Thanks for your response. I have read your response in many posts like this.

It was quite stressful as I only noticed now that I did not start the work as per the CoS start date. For peace of mind, I raised it again.

You have been doing a commendable work , answering questions like this. Thanks a ton.