ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

humanitarian protection and travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majddi
Newly Registered

humanitarian protection and travel

Post by majddi » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:39 am

Hi Everyone and thank you very much in advance for the help and cooperation

I was granted a humanitarian protection and I am the main applicant of a family. When I claimed the asylum I added my family to my application and they all granted HP the same as me. My question , Can my family travel to the country of the origin without breaching of immigration laws? Because they are not the main applicant and they were not mentioned in the application that they are at risk of serious harm if they go back?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is the law but it does not mention whether or not the other member of the family can travel back to a country of origin or not.
=====================================================================================
Travelling outside the UK
You can travel outside the UK. However, you should not travel to your country of origin and/or the country from which you sought refuge as this could result in the withdrawal of your refugee or Humanitarian Protection status when you return to the UK. The rules relating to travelling outside the UK depend on whether you have Humanitarian Protection or refugee status.

If you have Humanitarian Protection you:

Can travel on your national passport if you still hold a valid national passport
Must take your BRP with you if you travel, as you will need to show this to an immigration officer to demonstrate that you have the right to enter and stay in the UK
If you don’t have a passport you should apply for a Home Office Travel Document (see below)
If you have refugee status you:

Cannot travel on your national passport, even if you still hold a valid passport, as this may impact your refugee status
Will need to apply to the Home Office for a travel document.

kind regards

glas195
United Kingdom

Re: humanitarian protection and travel

Post by glas195 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:45 pm

majddi wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:39 am
Hi Everyone and thank you very much in advance for the help and cooperation

I was granted a humanitarian protection and I am the main applicant of a family. When I claimed the asylum I added my family to my application and they all granted HP the same as me. My question , Can my family travel to the country of the origin without breaching of immigration laws? Because they are not the main applicant and they were not mentioned in the application that they are at risk of serious harm if they go back?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is the law but it does not mention whether or not the other member of the family can travel back to a country of origin or not.
=====================================================================================
Travelling outside the UK
You can travel outside the UK. However, you should not travel to your country of origin and/or the country from which you sought refuge as this could result in the withdrawal of your refugee or Humanitarian Protection status when you return to the UK. The rules relating to travelling outside the UK depend on whether you have Humanitarian Protection or refugee status.

If you have Humanitarian Protection you:

Can travel on your national passport if you still hold a valid national passport
Must take your BRP with you if you travel, as you will need to show this to an immigration officer to demonstrate that you have the right to enter and stay in the UK
If you don’t have a passport you should apply for a Home Office Travel Document (see below)
If you have refugee status you:

Cannot travel on your national passport, even if you still hold a valid passport, as this may impact your refugee status
Will need to apply to the Home Office for a travel document.

kind regards
You cannot.

"If you have been given humanitarian protection because it's been accepted you have a fear of a country's national authorities, you cannot travel to that country"

Source: https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-office-tr ... %20country.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: humanitarian protection and travel

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:37 pm

You as the lead applicant applied on behalf of your family members. Your conditions and your family members are one of the same, no one should travel to their country of origin if they have been granted asylum or humanitarian leave.

If your family members were to travel back by implication there is no threat to them, it might also suggest they are not traveling on a UK travel document. Too many problems and issues there to even begin to explain the consequences.