ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR continuous absence of 120days.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navsie
Newly Registered
India

ILR continuous absence of 120days.

Post by navsie » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:35 am

Hello, please help me with this query.
I am on Tier-2 dependant visa and eligible for ILR this September. However i will have to travel to india for 120days from May to September. This is the only absence I will have in the last one year. My query is if this absence still qualifies me to apply for ILR as I have heard that 90 days of continuous absence doesn't qualify for ILR. Please help me with this.
Also my daughter was born here and will qualify for citizenship after our ILR and does the 90day rule apply to her?
Thank you very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR continuous absence of 120days.

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:48 am

What 90 days rule ??? There is no 90 days rule for ILR. Your daughter's entitlement to British citizenship has nothing to do with her residence in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

navsie
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR continuous absence of 120days.

Post by navsie » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:01 am

zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:48 am
What 90 days rule ??? There is no 90 days rule for ILR. Your daughter's entitlement to British citizenship has nothing to do with her residence in the UK
Thank you for the reply, as I mentioned in the question, I have heard about the continuous 90 days absence for ILR, which I found confusing as well as haven't read it in the govUK website. So wanted a clarification on that. Thank you very much