ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going on holiday - should I wait to apply for British Citizenshipincase they need passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KM0170
United Kingdom

Going on holiday - should I wait to apply for British Citizenshipincase they need passport?

Post by KM0170 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi everyone

I hope you are all well and good!

My wife who is a Pakistani national is over on a spouse visa and now has ILR and can apply for British Citizenship.

She is thinking of going on holiday to Pakistan for a short while but we are worried that if we apply for Citizenship she may have to give/send her passport for processing. So should we wait until we are pretty sure she won't be going abroad for a while or is it okay to apply now? If we were asked to provide her passport would we be able to decline/postpone this on the grounds that she needs it to travel.#

Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Re: Going on holiday - should I wait to apply for British Citizenshipincase they need passport?

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:42 pm

You don't usually have to send your passport anywhere for routine checks - it's all online. Should be fine to apply now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

KM0170
United Kingdom

Re: Going on holiday - should I wait to apply for British Citizenshipincase they need passport?

Post by KM0170 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 pm

Okay thanks.

Any idea what the timelines are to go to get biometrics taken or any other appointments? I.e. it has to be within x amount of time? Wife is thinking of going around the beginning of June so don't want to be in any problems with any appointments etc. if we applied say this week.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:48 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 pm
Okay thanks.

Any idea what the timelines are to go to get biometrics taken or any other appointments? I.e. it has to be within x amount of time? Wife is thinking of going around the beginning of June so don't want to be in any problems with any appointments etc. if we applied say this week.

Thanks
3months to attend citizenship ceremony.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:50 pm

Biometrics appointment to be taken within 45 days of submitting application, I believe.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.