ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation - what happens next

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RPB14
Newly Registered
Ireland

naturalisation - what happens next

Post by RPB14 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:24 pm

Hi,
Apologies if this has been asked already. I started my application for naturalization (British, living in NI with Irish husband) in 2021. I guess Covid delayed things but I eventually got invited to pay the fee via the portal in January of this year. I received a receipt of my payment via email and then nothing. I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens next? Will I need to do anything/ send anything? Is the next step invite to a ceremony? And if so, when am I likely to hear about that?
Thanks so much for any info!

meself2
Ireland

Re: naturalisation - what happens next

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:27 pm

If I understand the situation correctly, you got approved, as option to pay online exists only at this stage. If you don't mind confirming, did you pay 950 euro?

If yes, all you need to do is to wait until you get an invitation for a ceremony. According to ISD, their next one is scheduled on June 19th and 20th; ceremony invitations are sent a month or two in advance. Check your mailbox and wait until it's done.

If not - what did you pay and how much?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

RPB14
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by RPB14 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:27 pm
If I understand the situation correctly, you got approved, as option to pay online exists only at this stage. If you don't mind confirming, did you pay 950 euro?

If yes, all you need to do is to wait until you get an invitation for a ceremony. According to ISD, their next one is scheduled on June 19th and 20th; ceremony invitations are sent a month or two in advance. Check your mailbox and wait until it's done.

Oh great! Yes I paid the 950 euro. I was confused by all the e-vetting chat on here too. I never did that but I see it only started for applicants after March 21 (I thought I applied March 21 but maybe I got it in before that came into force).
Do you think it's likely to be the June one? With all the backlog I wonder if I'll be at a later date...
Thanks so much!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 am

RPB14 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
meself2 wrote:

Oh great! Yes I paid the 950 euro. I was confused by all the e-vetting chat on here too. I never did that but I see it only started for applicants after March 21 (I thought I applied March 21 but maybe I got it in before that came into force).
Do you think it's likely to be the June one? With all the backlog I wonder if I'll be at a later date...
Thanks so much!
Since you're from NI, eVetting (process of checking your background with Irish police force) probably was replaced by you sending in a police clearance certificate, as you don't reside in Ireland.
Don't know if you'll be included in June ceremony. Hopefully, but you can never tell.
Next ceremony will probably be in December, by the way.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

RPB14
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by RPB14 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:38 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 am
RPB14 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
meself2 wrote:

Thanks so much!
Since you're from NI, eVetting (process of checking your background with Irish police force) probably was replaced by you sending in a police clearance certificate, as you don't reside in Ireland.
Don't know if you'll be included in June ceremony. Hopefully, but you can never tell.
Next ceremony will probably be in December, by the way.
Oh brill, thanks so much!