ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence you are a family - First Child Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British passport for child born overseas : Why some people are asked for baby scans and hospital letters ???

Post by citizen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 am

I heard some people are asked for baby scans and hospital letters . What if I do not have these documents; will my application be refused?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport for child born overseas : Why some people are asked for baby scans and hospital letters ???

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:02 am

citizen2b wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 am
I heard some people are asked for baby scans and hospital letters . What if I do not have these documents; will my application be refused?
What is the background to this?
Not a regular requirement from HMPO as far as I know.
We have seen cases where NHS hospitals have been asking to prove child's immigration status even when a parent is a British citizen.
Please share the source.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British passport for child born overseas : Why some people are asked for baby scans and hospital letters ???

Post by citizen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:29 am

I know someone who applied for a passport for his child that was born abroad . he was asked for all of the following :

1. Copy of moms passport 
2. Copy of fathers passport 
3. Fathers naturalisation certificate
5. Proof of marriage

1. Child’s birth certificate (official from government) 
2. Child’s birth certificate from hospital 
3. Child’s Antenatal record (pregnancy visits)
5. Child’s vaccination record
6. Moms university proof of address
7. Moms work proof of address

1. Selection of family photos - that show your child and family —> highlighting each of the parents and date of when the picture was taken 

Please provide **2 documents** from the following list as a proof of your family residency in (the country your child resides). 

1. National identity card or equivalent 
2. Valid visa or residence permit 
3. Tax record e.g. letter from tax authority 
4. Educational record e.g. school/ college/ university record 
5. Employment record e.g. official letter from employer 
6. Letter sent to you by regional or local government department 
7. Medical/ Health card 
8. Driving license 
9. Voters card immigration documents

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:42 am

OK this looks familiar, application for British child born/living abroad (I was thinking of children born/living in the UK) ... if you haven't got one or some of the documents then you need to explain, if you don't have it you can't provide. Someone with direct experience of this may wish to comment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm

citizen2b wrote:
What if I do not have these documents; will my application be refused?
Unlikely that it will be refused. But it likely will be delayed.

This old thread may give you an idea as to the reasoning.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:02 am
We have seen cases where NHS hospitals have been asking to prove child's immigration status even when a parent is a British citizen.
Please share the source.
Under the law for NHS England, hospitals have to check if the parents have to pay for their child (with 50% added to the bill). The hospitals cannot waive the charges.

-Having a British parent does not always make a child an automatic British citizen.
-Being a child of a British citizen does not always mean that the child can use the NHS for free.
-British citizens have to pay to use the NHS too (with 50% added to the bill) if they are not resident in the UK, unless they are covered under an exemption.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:35 pm

Thank you all

It seems these are additional things asked by the HMPO to some applicants ( not all ) . It's all to do with preventing fraud I suppose .

Thanks

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:36 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm
citizen2b wrote:
What if I do not have these documents; will my application be refused?
Unlikely that it will be refused. But it likely will be delayed.

This old thread may give you an idea as to the reasoning.
excellent

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Certificate of entitlement baby picture

Post by citizen2b » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:44 am

Hi ppl

I'm shortly starting the process for a certicate of entitlement for my new born in a foreign country .

I have not seen my child yet .. so i do not have a picture of me and my child .. will this be a problem ?

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Certificate of entitlement biometrics

Post by citizen2b » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:54 am

Hi folks

I understand there biometrics are taken from privation in the country they are applying from .

How soon is the biometric appointment made after applying abroad ?

vinny

Re: Certificate of entitlement biometrics

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 am

I think you have to check their website for a mutually acceptable appointment date and time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certificate of entitlement baby picture

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:25 am

citizen2b wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:44 am
Hi ppl

I'm shortly starting the process for a certicate of entitlement for my new born in a foreign country .

I have not seen my child yet .. so i do not have a picture of me and my child .. will this be a problem ?
Photo is taken at the biometric appointment!

Please also keep your questions on the same application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:06 am

Who is required to be in the picture

When applying for a british passport for an overseas born child they ask for family pictures ( dad , mum and child )

When applying for the certificate of entitlement the rules are perhaps different.

vinny

Re: Certificate of entitlement baby picture

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:25 am
Photo is taken at the biometric appointment!
Photo of the applicant only.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 am

Thanks vinny

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:21 am

Guys I have a problem

I don't know what nationality I should put on my baby's birth certificate

Baby is born in ethiopia and is in ethiopia . I'm the father and I am british . Please help

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm

By definition, a CoE-RoA requires the person to have at least two nationalities; British citizenship and a non-British passport (and therefore a non-British nationality).

I am not au fait with the nuances of Ethiopian citizenship, but I presume that the child has an Ethiopian passport (which would require Ethiopian citizenship).

Therefore their nationalities would be Ethiopian and British (assuming that the child was born on or after the date of your naturalisation certificate).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by citizen2b » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:28 pm

Yeah I think it's best to put ethiopian on the birth certificate so that an ethopian passport can be obtained later on . The ethiopian passport is essential to apply for the certificate of entitlement

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Evidence you are a family - First Child Passport

Post by citizen2b » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:17 am

So I recently I applied for first child passport from overseas . I'm having alot of fun going back and forth with home office. They keep asking for more things . The latest request is evidence that me and wife and child are a family . This is despite me already sending strong evidence of this [ marriage certificate, wedding photos 📸, baby scan , photos with wife and child]

I'm gona send some WhatsApp interaction screen shots to the home office .. hopefully this is enough to convince them that this is not a sham marriage and a sham baby .

My question is do Whatsapp conversations need to be translated ?

Looks like certified translations are very expensive .

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Evidence you are a family - First Child Passport

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:38 pm

Did you send tenancy agreements, bills in both your names, and full birth certificate (with both parents' names) already? Those may be easier to translate than Whatsapp conversations.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

citizen2b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence you are a family - First Child Passport

Post by citizen2b » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:07 pm

child birth certificate yes

join tenancy agreement .. NO .. because I live in the UK and wife and child live overseas .