ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR residence requirement- Travelling 6 months out of UK.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wandra
United Kingdom

ILR residence requirement- Travelling 6 months out of UK.

Post by Wandra » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:09 pm

Hi,
I’m a British citizen and sponsoring my husband for his spouse visa on 5 year route to settlement. We are undergoing his first extension process in Uk and once his extension is granted, I’m planning to study a course period of 6 months in india taking my baby with me (British citizen).

My husband will be in the Uk in this period, and working in UK.

My question is, will it will affect his ILR application on the residence requirement for prohibit absence more than 180 days out of uk as a partner of him?

Pls advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR residence requirement- Travelling 6 months out of UK.

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:16 pm

You as the British spouse don't have any absence limitations. why would you think this is the case?

Even your husband doesn't have any absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are concerned because, while filling in the FLR M extension application there are questions like below,

1. Pls provide details when you have not lived with your partner including dates and address

2. Have you partner lived anywhere from current address with dates and details.

3. Also it mention your partner should live 5 continuous yrs to be eligible for ILR.

The above type of questions makes us little worried, and thought would this 6 month away from partner will affect his ILR in future.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:21 pm

Wandra wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:14 pm
Thanks for your reply. We are concerned because, while filling in the FLR M extension application there are questions like below,

1. Pls provide details when you have not lived with your partner including dates and address

3. Also it mention your partner should live 5 continuous yrs to be eligible for ILR.

The above type of questions makes us little worried, and thought would this 6 month away from partner will affect his ILR in future.
The form asks for all kind of scenarios. It could almost have asked for the composition of your DNA.

This doesn't mean that it would affect your spouse's extension negatively/positively. They just need to cover all bases. You're worrying over nothing.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Wandra wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Your application is decided a per the rules, not what you feel concerned about :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice