ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa -accommodation parent tenancy agreement landlord

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

finord
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Employeed and Director on another company

Post by finord » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 am

Hi All,

I will be the sponsor for my wife, I am working as an employer for company A and get paid 23k, so it is above the minimum levels (can provide payslip, bank stm, contract)

I am also a director for my own company (Company B). I opened it in the past for a business idea but it does not generate any income (the annual accounts show a small loss every year). I am even thinking of closing the company but it will take three months for it to happen (I am hoping to make the application in the next few weeks)

On the application form, it asks me if I am the director of a limited company (and provide evidence to consider the income), which is true in my case BUT I don't want to use that towards meeting the financial requirements.

Does anyone know if is better to say:

a) YES and not provide evidence (and explain it on the notes) or;

b) No, and explain on the additional notes that I am director but it was not included since I don't want/need to include the company towards the financial requirements

Thank you for the help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Employeed and Director on another company

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:20 pm

finord wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 am
Hi All,

I will be the sponsor for my wife, I am working as an employer for company A and get paid 23k, so it is above the minimum levels (can provide payslip, bank stm, contract)

I am also a director for my own company (Company B). I opened it in the past for a business idea but it does not generate any income (the annual accounts show a small loss every year). I am even thinking of closing the company but it will take three months for it to happen (I am hoping to make the application in the next few weeks)

On the application form, it asks me if I am the director of a limited company (and provide evidence to consider the income), which is true in my case BUT I don't want to use that towards meeting the financial requirements.

Does anyone know if is better to say:

a) YES and not provide evidence (and explain it on the notes) or;

b) No, and explain on the additional notes that I am director but it was not included since I don't want/need to include the company towards the financial requirements

Thank you for the help
Just stick with your employment income payslips and bank account statements for the spouse visa application.

finord
Newly Registered

Spouse visa -accommodation parent tenancy agreement landlord

Post by finord » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 am

Hi all,

I am doing the application to bring my wife via Spouse visa, I meet all the requirements but my landlord has just given me the notice to leave. I want to avoid more delays by waiting to find a new house (given how the market, it is going to be quite difficult)

So, I am moving with my parents and wanted to use this house for the application purposes (as the accommodation for the two of us), they live in a three-bedroom house with 3 (my parents and younger sister) occupiers only so we can get a property report to show it can accommodate 2 more people.

The problem I have is that my parents are living as tenants, the tenancy is in their name I am not on the permitted occupier list (although I am listed as a guarantor for my parents).

I can provide a tenancy agreement (with a clause that does not allow anyone who is not listed as a permitted occupier), a letter from my parents and a property inspection report.

Would that cause a problem? I would prefer to avoid going to the landlord for permission because their tenancy is due for renewal in 3 months and I don't want to give a reason to the landlord to increase rent or causing problems for them.

Thanks,

vinny

Re: Spouse visa -accommodation parent tenancy agreement landlord

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:02 am

finord wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 am
The problem I have is that my parents are living as tenants, the tenancy is in their name I am not on the permitted occupier list (although I am listed as a guarantor for my parents).

I can provide a tenancy agreement (with a clause that does not allow anyone who is not listed as a permitted occupier), a letter from my parents and a property inspection report.

Would that cause a problem? I would prefer to avoid going to the landlord for permission because their tenancy is due for renewal in 3 months and I don't want to give a reason to the landlord to increase rent or causing problems for them.

Thanks,
If you don’t have permission to live there, then I think it’s is going to be a problem to use this property for your spouse visa accommodation purposes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa -accommodation parent tenancy agreement landlord

Post by JB007 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:43 am

Apart from you (and your wife when she gets a visa to live in the UK) not having permission from the landlord to live in that property; I assume your parents are on welfare benefits if the landlord wanted you to be a guarantor for their rent? You and your wife living there would likely reduce their welfare benefits, depending on what benefits they are claiming.

If they are claiming benefits for their rent (Housing Benefit or the Housing Element of Universal Credit) they are likely over housed anyway and only get rent based on a two bedroom property, even though they rent a 3 bedroom property.
https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/BedRoomCalculator.aspx

The landlord might be planning to put your parents rent up anyway when the contract ends in 3 months, regardless of if you ask permission for you and your wife to live there too.

For a new rental for you and your wife, because of the cost of living crisis, landlords tend to carry out affordabilty checks now. With a salary of just 23k and also a guarantor for your parents rent, you might struggle to pass that test if you want your own property.

Has your lanldord issued you with a Section 21? That is a notice to quit and has to be correct. You can check if it is valid here https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/