ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by AngloIrish » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:53 am

Tickets wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:41 am
Hi is anybody able to tell me how the address confirmation email is worded please
Subject: FBR Application No: xxxxxx

Body:
Dear XXXX,

We are currently processing your application for entry onto the Irish Foreign Birth Register.
To ensure all documents are dispatched to the correct address, please confirm your current address in full by return email.
*If you have moved address since you completed your application please provide a scanned copy of proof of your new address eg. a recent utility bill, bank statement or government correspondence to verify same.
You will receive a confirmation email if your application is successful but should further documentation be required to support your application, someone will be in touch with you.
Please note that your envelope will be sent via Registered Post and someone will need to be available to sign for it.
Yours sincerely,

Big Boss Man
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Big Boss Man » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:09 pm

AussieBiscuithead wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 am
I had a request for additional documentation which i sent but never received confirmation that they have been received and included in the processing; has anyone else experience the same?

I would like some conformation that they received it and it's been included in my application, then wait for request for more documents ( which i hope not).

On a side note, one of the documents was proof of address, which I though i had sent. I've seen other people's timelines where they got an address conformation email. Has anyone submitted proof-of-address after sending their original application then NOT received address conformation, simply skipped that email straight to congratulations email?

Best,
AussieBiscuithead
Same here. US mail tracking showed that my additional docs arrived but the rep hasn't responded to my emails. My additional documents arrived a month ago. At this rate I'll be happy if I'm a citizen by St. Patrick's Day 2024.

Tickets
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tickets » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi thanks for that response one more question if I’m at work and no body is at home will they just post it through my door ?

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AngloIrish » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Congratulations email just received.

Docs received date: 27/06/22
Address confirmation: 14/03/23
Congratulations / certificate sent: 19/04/23

Overjoyed. Thank you Ireland for this wonderful privilege.

bdiggity24
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by bdiggity24 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm

Documents received: June 16, 2022
email clarifying some details about my witness: March 9, 2023
Confirmation of address: March 14, 2023
Congratulations email: April 18, 2023

AussieBiscuithead
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by AussieBiscuithead » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:38 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:09 pm
AussieBiscuithead wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:43 am
I had a request for additional documentation which i sent but never received confirmation that they have been received and included in the processing; has anyone else experience the same?

I would like some conformation that they received it and it's been included in my application, then wait for request for more documents ( which i hope not).

On a side note, one of the documents was proof of address, which I though i had sent. I've seen other people's timelines where they got an address conformation email. Has anyone submitted proof-of-address after sending their original application then NOT received address conformation, simply skipped that email straight to congratulations email?

Best,
AussieBiscuithead
Same here. US mail tracking showed that my additional docs arrived but the rep hasn't responded to my emails. My additional documents arrived a month ago. At this rate I'll be happy if I'm a citizen by St. Patrick's Day 2024.
Mine arrived 21st of March according to Royal Mail tracking. It took just over one month for the original document received email. I'm hoping it's not too much longer before i receive the email saying they've received it and they get working on the application again. Would be good to have the passport before the end of summer to enter EU via the EU line with my GF who is Italian. Last time we did that, she had to wait 2 hrs while i was in the rest of the world line.

mpayment
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mpayment » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi all- this forum has been helpful to me so posting my timeline in hopes it helps others.

Documents received: May 4, 2022
Confirmation of address: March 6, 2023
Congratulations email: TBD

Will2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Will2022 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:32 am

Hi everyone, an update…
Docs received: 9th June 2022
Address check: 19th April 2023
Congrats email: 20th April 2023
Certificate received: TBC

I have updated the spreadsheet. Thanks so much to all the posts on here.

Shord
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Shord » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Hi everyone,

One question. I am planning to submit my application for the FBR soon but as I live in Spain my proof of address is in Spanish e.g bank and proof of address from local council. Is this ok or should I get it translated?

Tell32
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Tell32 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:20 pm

Hello friends, I ordered my grandfathers birth certificate (for my FBR application) from https://certificates.ie/ back on March 26th. The automated email I received stated:
The details you have submitted will be assessed shortly by a member of staff. If the record is found a certificate will be issued within 15 days working days. If the record is not found, a member of staff will contact you.
However I have not heard anything else since, should I continue to wait a few weeks or a month? Or should I attempt to call the HSE.

Tell32
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Tell32 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:33 pm

Tell32 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:20 pm
Hello friends, I ordered my grandfathers birth certificate (for my FBR application) from https://certificates.ie/ back on March 26th. The automated email I received stated:
The details you have submitted will be assessed shortly by a member of staff. If the record is found a certificate will be issued within 15 days working days. If the record is not found, a member of staff will contact you.
However I have not heard anything else since, should I continue to wait a few weeks or a month? Or should I attempt to call the HSE.
Ah wait, never mind. Found the correct email to contact: certificates@hse.ie (include your Reference Number) I'll send an email and hopefully it'll get resolved this week.

corky100
United Kingdom

Post by corky100 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:40 pm

Ordering through the HSE will take some time - It took 6 months for me. Are you in a rush?

Tell32
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Tell32 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:42 pm

corky100 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:40 pm
Ordering through the HSE will take some time - It took 6 months for me. Are you in a rush?
I am not, but thanks for the heads up.

Kazoo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kazoo » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:57 am

Hi I applied Oct 2020 waited 2 years then I was contacted to ask for further document, I sent document to them on 16th January 2023 I heard nothing kept ringing was told nothing, I contacted local td, then I received an email telling me there is a backlog in documentation dept. So here I am still waiting 29 months & counting, it seems if you need extra documents it takes longer it should be organized differently people waiting over 2 years surely should be dealt with urgently.

Irishfinallymaybe1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Irishfinallymaybe1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:16 pm

Docs received: 20th June 2022
Address check: 10th March 2023
Congrats email (certificate not sent) : 20th March 2023
Certificate Dispatched Formal: TBC

Seeing other people's dates hoping the certificate is dispatched soon, have. A tracking number but it's not been issued yet. Weird how some people get address check and straight to certificate printed and sent and others get an email from the person assessing it, tracking number but have to wait 3 to 5 weeks for the certificate printing/posting.

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AngloIrish » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:35 pm

Received my FBR certificate today, which concludes my journey. Thanks to everyone who posted their dates, it really helped.

Docs received date: 27/06/22
Address confirmation: 14/03/23
Congratulations / certificate sent: 19/04/23
Certificate received: 24/04/23

Interestingly, my congrats email did not have a tracking number (although it is registered post) and Royal Mail did not ask for signature and simply posted it (even though it does state that a signature is required on the front of the envelope). It’s all a mystery!

Patience all, your day will come! 😊 🇮🇪 ❤️

Legskinner
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Legskinner » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:54 pm

Kazoo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:57 am
Hi I applied Oct 2020 waited 2 years then I was contacted to ask for further document, I sent document to them on 16th January 2023 I heard nothing kept ringing was told nothing, I contacted local td, then I received an email telling me there is a backlog in documentation dept. So here I am still waiting 29 months & counting, it seems if you need extra documents it takes longer it should be organized differently people waiting over 2 years surely should be dealt with urgently.
Kazoo,

I'm about the same timeline for everything as you. Application received January 2021. Request for additional documents November 2022. Sent additional docs which were received December, 2022. Took FBR about 3 months to say they received my extra docs. Address confirmation about 3 weeks ago and not a peep since. I'm sure this will conclude soon but it's maddening.

Kazoo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kazoo » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:12 pm

It really is very frustrating! But going by your timeline I could be close.
Can only live in hope.

milb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by milb » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:07 am

What has peoples experience been like requesting the expedite for an incoming child? (fingers crossed!)

I recently applied for my FBR and provided proof of being an expectant parent in my submission, I then called and got the email to request the expedite. In the email I provided a scan of my full supporting application and gave the tracking info (it had been signed for the day before). I got an email same day saying an entitlement officer will contact me. The next day I received the email saying they received my application (two days after they received it).

I saw some people here got approved in a few weeks in the same situation, did an entitlement officer reach out before approving?

My application is pretty well organized and would be surprised if I missed anything (went through multiple US visas/citizenship so should be pretty good with paperwork!)

AussieBiscuithead
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by AussieBiscuithead » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:30 am

Legskinner wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:54 pm
Kazoo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:57 am
Kazoo,

I'm about the same timeline for everything as you. Application received January 2021. Request for additional documents November 2022. Sent additional docs which were received December, 2022. Took FBR about 3 months to say they received my extra docs. Address confirmation about 3 weeks ago and not a peep since. I'm sure this will conclude soon but it's maddening.
Wow, three months for acknowledgement additional documents. I submitted mine in March with Royal Mail tracking saying it was delivered 21st March, I'm not expecting email until June. Thanks for confirming that you got a follow up email.

No express lane at boarder control for European summer holiday this year. The waiting continues.

AussieBisucuit

psychwarfare
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by psychwarfare » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:17 am

Been lurking since Sunmer of 2022 and eventually submitted my application.

Pretty straightforward, citizenship via grandfather, tracked down necessary docs (all birth/marriage/death certificates as other than myself nobody involved in the lineage is still alive).

Timeline:
Application Received Email: 8/3/22
Address Confirmation/Your Application Will Soon Be Approved Email: 4/25/23

dogdayafternoon89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dogdayafternoon89 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 am

I've also been lurking this board since I submitted a joint application with my sister last summer (2022).

Timeline so far:

Application submitted: July 10th 2022
Application received: August 4th 2022

Based on recent posts, I'm hoping to receive the address confirmation email soon—I'll post an update when I do. Good luck all!

Coachman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Coachman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:38 am

psychwarfare wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:17 am
Been lurking since Sunmer of 2022 and eventually submitted my application.

Pretty straightforward, citizenship via grandfather, tracked down necessary docs (all birth/marriage/death certificates as other than myself nobody involved in the lineage is still alive).

Timeline:
Application Received Email: 8/3/22
Address Confirmation/Your Application Will Soon Be Approved Email: 4/25/23
Same here. Except, application received for me was 8/17/22. Hoping to get address confirmation within the next month.

SeanNorwood
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by SeanNorwood » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:57 pm

My timeline for a minor daughter:

Application Submitted - February 21, 2022
Docs Received - June 8, 2022 (delay due to needing a document to support application)
Address Confirmation - March 17, 2023
Congrats/Posted Email - April 27, 2023

Good luck everyone.

ShortFuse
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ShortFuse » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 pm

Application submitted online.. 10 July 2022
Application/Documents received email.. 26 July 2022
More documents/clarification required email.. 13 April 2023

I guess the fact that I have had to submit more documents will delay me by months now.