ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR on 2 x Marriage Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

2017Freedom

Applying for ILR on 2 x Marriage Visa

Post by 2017Freedom » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 am

Good Morning All

My wife is due to complete 2 x 2.5 yrs on marriage visa and we are planning to apply for ILR .
She took the English test on 2017 ( Trinity College) and it was accepted to extend the visa

I had 2 questions if possible please

1) Do we need to get a new Emglish certificate for ILR and then when applying for Bristish
2) Once she gets ILR is she entitled to apply for British since the partner is a British Passport holder ?

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for ILR on 2 x Marriage Visa bases - Is English Language test accepted ?

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 am

1. If she had SELT at B1, then it can be reused. People who got ILR after October 2013, do not need to meet the English language requirement for citizenship

2. Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

2017Freedom

Re: Applying for ILR on 2 x Marriage Visa bases - Is English Language test accepted ?

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:46 pm

Thank You Zimba

She got the B1 from Trinity College but it is taken on 2017 ...next month she completes 5 years on leave to remain as a spouse of a British
I heard that you need to take a new certificate every 2 years ? Im sorry for repeating myself just wanted to make sure otherwise i can ask her to re take the exam before we apply ....thank you again

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:19 am

2017Freedom wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:46 pm
Thank You Zimba

She got the B1 from Trinity College but it is taken on 2017 ...next month she completes 5 years on leave to remain as a spouse of a British
I heard that you need to take a new certificate every 2 years ? You heard wrong Im sorry for repeating myself just wanted to make sure otherwise i can ask her to re take the exam before we apply ....thank you again
The B1 certificate if successfully used previously for an application and still on approved list can be reused.

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:33 am

Great ..Thank you

Will this also be valid when applying for citizenship ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:57 am

2017Freedom wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:33 am
Great ..Thank you

Will this also be valid when applying for citizenship ?
Yes, if you use it when applying for ILR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

2017Freedom

Is Same day service available for ILR

Post by 2017Freedom » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi All

I need some help with ILR Process please

1) When I tried to complete the process online the only option to book is the standard 6 months ( my wife is applying on 2 x 2.5 marriage visa bases) but her visa runs out next month and we have booked some holidays on end of June hence we were thinking to use same day service ...but it does not give me an option

2) we are both company directors and employed by our company ..do we still need to send employement contracts

3) On the bank statements , sometimes we have banked more than what we get on monthly wages ..eg we have transferred round amounts (£5000 instead of £2100 )

Would that be an issue ?

Thank You all

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is Same day service available for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 am

1) Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

2) Directors can't apply as employees under categories A or B. Have you read the guide ???
See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

3) No issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:46 pm

Hi Zimba

I cant seem to see that anywhere ...Yes we are both directors of limited companies and employees ..is that an issue? ( Am i missing something ?)

Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE states that the specified type of limited company
registered in the UK is one in which:
• the person is either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of
another company within the same group
• shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the
following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent,
child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first
cousin; and (iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer
than five other persons

Those who receive a salary and/or dividend income as either a director or employee
(or both) of a limited company in the UK of the type specified above must provide all
of the relevant specified evidence listed in section 1.7.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:51 am

Employees of a specified company must apply under category F or G which is section 1.7 in the guide :?

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi Zimba

Excuse my ignorance but I'm applying as a spouse x 2.5 years ILR (M)
Does that make any difference in terms A, B F and G category ?

Thank You

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm

2017Freedom wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:59 pm
Hi Zimba

Excuse my ignorance but I'm applying as a spouse x 2.5 years ILR (M)
Does that make any difference in terms A, B F and G category ?

Thank You
That guide covers the financial requirements for people applying under the family route, like you. When your source of income is from being self-employed, a director or an employee or a specified company, then you must satisfy the requirements under categories F or G

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:14 pm

That's great ..thank You Zimba ..I simply selected "employment" as a source of income ...since I get paid as an employee by my company but I'm also the director ...do i still need to show an employement contract (obviously I will have to sign it myself)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:10 am

2017Freedom wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:14 pm
That's great ..thank You Zimba ..I simply selected "employment" as a source of income ...since I get paid as an employee by my company but I'm also the director ...do i still need to show an employement contract (obviously I will have to sign it myself)
You should NOT select employment which is ONLY for people applying under category A. That will get you an incorrect document list and then you'll be back here asking why the form is suggesting to submit the documents for people under category A. You should only select being a director of a company instead. That is all that matters in your case. Being an employee of your own company is not important at all in your case as you must prove your finances just like any other director under category F or G.

I also gave you the guide and told you several times to read the parts covering categories F and G which apply to you. It clearly tells you what documents you must provide as a director of a company :!:
Look at the section titled 'Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK – specified evidence' in the guide !

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:55 am

I see ..that makes sense ...I thought because we get normal payslips every month that was considered as employment since the accountant also stated that you are an emplyee of the company hence you get paid like any other employees ...but I will follow your suggestion and select Director ..Thank You

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:03 pm

sorry the only options listed there are

Employment

Self-employment

Non-employment income

Pension

Cash savings

Which one should I select please Zimba

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:38 pm

Self-employment

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:30 am

Zimba one last question please ..

I have been checking every night and no premium option appears ..im getting a bit desperate as i have some holidays booked but i dont seem to be able to book premium ..is anyone else on the same situation and how did you progreess please ...

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:39 pm

I already answered that, see link in the item 1 below:
zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 am
1) Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

2) Directors can't apply as employees under categories A or B. Have you read the guide ???
See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

3) No issues

2017Freedom

ILR query please

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:47 pm

Hi

We have selected a premium service ..does anyone know how long does it normally take to get a decision please ?

Thank You

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR query please

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Do you mean Proirity service? If yes, either 5 working days or next working day after biometrics - see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... r-decision .
Be advised it's not a guaranteed service. UKVI might sya your application is complex and not get your decision in given timelines.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:12 pm

2017Freedom wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:47 pm
Hi

We have selected a premium service ..does anyone know how long does it normally take to get a decision please ?

Thank You
I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:08 pm

Thank you both !

2017Freedom

Urgent - documents uploaded but unable to submit

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed May 03, 2023 6:53 am

Hi All

I have uploaded all the documents but I can no longer see the option to submit ..My appoitment is today for biometrics
What happens now please ..are they able to submit on my behalf

Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent - documents uploaded but unable to submit

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:36 am

UKCVAS will submit.

The self submit option is only available up to 48 hours before your appointment
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.