ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with Deception label on the subject

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leslye2005
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Naturalisation with Deception label on the subject

Post by Leslye2005 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Good evening all,
I trust you are having a lovely weekend by the almighty grace, please I need your support on my query.
Came to the UK in 2005 on student visa, have been changing various leaves.
In 2013 I applied for Tier 1 general visa and was refused due to deception. Refusal decision was made at the end of August 2013.
After I applied for leave on family grounds and was granted 5 years. I have been a settled (Indefinite Leave to remain) person for the last 2 years.
Am I right to think I am eligible to naturalize this year?
After 10 years can the label of deception still affect my naturalization application?

Thanks all for reading and support.
God bless you all
Shalom

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation with Deception label on the subject

Post by London22 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Leslye2005 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:31 pm
Good evening all,
I trust you are having a lovely weekend by the almighty grace, please I need your support on my query.
In 2013 I applied for Tier 1 general visa and was refused due to deception. Refusal decision was made at the end of August 2013.
After I applied for leave on family grounds and was granted 5 years. I have been a settled (Indefinite Leave to remain) person for the last 2 years.
After 10 years can the label of deception still affect my naturalization application?

God bless you all
Shalom
From leave that were granted to you on family grounds for 5 years ,your 10 years time starts from there .Just explain the deception & apologise and mention all the good things you have done and request for naturalisation to be granted which seems more likely .Goodluck.

Leslye2005
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Leslye2005 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:14 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
From leave that were granted to you on family grounds for 5 years ,your 10 years time starts from there .Just explain the deception & apologise and mention all the good things you have done and request for naturalisation to be granted which seems more likely .Goodluck.
Dear London22,
Thanks very much for your response. Was I wrong to think the deception start from the decision date which was august 2913?
if we are in august 2013 to August 2023 = 10 years, I should have already spent 10 years. Correct? Thanks

Leslye2005
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Leslye2005 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 pm

London22 wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
Dear London22,
Thanks very much, I was thinking August 2013 to August 2023 = 10 years and should have spent my 10 years.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:53 am

Leslye2005 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 pm
London22 wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
Dear London22,
Thanks very much, I was thinking August 2013 to August 2023 = 10 years and should have spent my 10 years.
Deception ends from when you were granted leave on family grounds. That would be the safe route to go, to avoid gambling with your money.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Leslye2005
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Leslye2005 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:53 am
Leslye2005 wrote:
London22 wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
Dear London22,
Deception ends from when you were granted leave on family grounds. That would be the safe route to go, to avoid gambling with your money.
Thanks you Dear,
I am reading the Deception Guidance from home office and there is the below:
Deception in previous applications
An application will normally be refused where there is evidence that a person has employed deception either:
• during the citizenship application process
• in a previous immigration application in the previous 10 years
It is irrelevant whether the deception was material to the grant of leave or not.
An application will normally be refused if there has been any deception in the 10 years prior to the application for citizenship. For these purposes, the deception is regarded as continuing until the date on which it is discovered or admitted. For example, if a person used deception in an application in 2008, but that was discovered or admitted to in 2010, the 10-year period would start in 2010.

It is saying 10 years from when the deception was found. In my case it was found out in August 2013. Am I misunderstanding the content?
Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:33 am

Leslye2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:07 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
London22 wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
Dear London22,
Thanks you Dear,
An application will normally be refused where there is evidence that a person has employed deception either:
It is irrelevant whether the deception was material to the grant of leave or not.
An application will normally be refused if there has been any deception in the 10 years prior to the application for citizenship. For these purposes, the deception is regarded as continuing until the date on which it is discovered or admitted. For example, if a person used deception in an application in 2008, but that was discovered or admitted to in 2010, the 10-year period would start in 2010.

It is saying 10 years from when the deception was found. In my case it was found out in August 2013. Am I misunderstanding the content?
Thanks
There are multi-factors in play here. You haven't stated what year you finally got your visa approved, so I have to work with "X"
1. Deception discovery - 2013
2. Possible overstay from 2013 - Not sure you had a visa to legally stay here after that.
3. Visa granted X - Legal stay resumes.

1 and 2 aren't obviously in your favour. Hope that clarifies it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Leslye2005
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Leslye2005 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:17 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:33 am
Leslye2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:07 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
London22 wrote:
Leslye2005 wrote:
Good evening all,

God bless you all
Shalom
Dear London22,
Thanks you Dear,

Thanks
There are multi-factors in play here. You haven't stated what year you finally got your visa approved, so I have to work with "X"
1. Deception discovery - 2013
2. Possible overstay from 2013 - Not sure you had a visa to legally stay here after that.
3. Visa granted X - Legal stay resumes.

1 and 2 aren't obviously in your favour. Hope that clarifies it.
Thanks so much,
-In 2013, the home office supposed to have granted me the right of appeal which was automatic at the time but they did not. I appeal to the court and this was granted to me hence 3C came into application. however, my first application was given on the basis of 10 years route instead of 5, after few years I realised they made a mistake and they should have gaven me 5 years route, I challemge the matter to court and they accepted wrong doing rcently which allow me to have the settlement 2 years ago.
I note as well that I applied for long residence in 2015 and the sole ground of refusal was deception.
Thanks for your advice, I will look into that and update you all with the outcome accordingly
Cheers
Shalom