ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TrishMc
United States of America

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by TrishMc » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:07 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:21 am
Hello, regarding my case:
First time passport application
Naturalised citizen
During the application online I got list of supporting documents and identification form
Question: official website and list of required supporting documents say nothing about passport of origin and I did all as requested and sent to passport office, however recently noticed in email that option as passport of origin is required and now worried if that can affect on my application?
By opening chat I didn't get clarification since agent said that can't verify my documents there are not scanned yet, but as copy of pcs card provided that would be sufficient.
Has anyone got the passport without providing passport of origin? Thanks
If you don't provide a copy of your current passport, you will need to provide a certified/notarized copy of it.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:03 pm

According to live chat, they usually return the original documents 15 days after printing of the passport. Just sharing in case it's useful info for someone

timeout1995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by timeout1995 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:36 pm

I received my passport book a week ago now however my passport card is still yet to arrive despite it the dfa sending it the day after they posted my passport book. Should I be concerned? This is postage to the Uk, An post tracking says it left the Dublin mail centre on the 15th yet still no sign.

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:14 pm

Hi folks

Has anyone else gone over their estimated issue date? I have and when I contacted them on Webcheck they said there were no issues. I asked for a revised date but they said they couldn't give me one.

Just wondered if there was a backlog build up and if anyone else is having the same issue.
Cheers

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:26 pm

I'm 2-days away from the estimated date here myself...and I think the keyword here is *estimated*. They also add this at the bottom: "*Please note the estimated issue date is an estimate based on current averages – it is not a service delivery guarantee."

I'm sure you and I will get an update soon here. I'd only have some concern after a week+ after the estimated date.

But I'm with you, I check the application status page every morning hoping for an update :D

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:35 pm

I think I used to reply to everyone that asks about the estimated date - it almost always goes past the estimated date. One or two weeks are a norm. Don’t worry about it.

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:35 pm
I think I used to reply to everyone that asks about the estimated date - it almost always goes past the estimated date. One or two weeks are a norm. Don’t worry about it.
Ahhh cheers. They have already stung me rejecting my photos, despite me getting them checked that they were suitable for Ireland in the shop. So for me it feels like it is dragging....

Thanks for the reassurance!

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:44 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:03 pm
According to live chat, they usually return the original documents 15 days after printing of the passport. Just sharing in case it's useful info for someone
I got my docs back last week, but no passport sadly

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:45 pm

hummingbear wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:26 pm
I'm 2-days away from the estimated date here myself...and I think the keyword here is *estimated*. They also add this at the bottom: "*Please note the estimated issue date is an estimate based on current averages – it is not a service delivery guarantee."

I'm sure you and I will get an update soon here. I'd only have some concern after a week+ after the estimated date.

But I'm with you, I check the application status page every morning hoping for an update :D
Yep, it's a regular part of my morning routine, checking that tracker. I will need a new hobby after it's done!

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:36 am

Apple10 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:45 pm

Yep, it's a regular part of my morning routine, checking that tracker. I will need a new hobby after it's done!
Haha I know right?! What will my morning coffee look like without checking the application page. Maybe I'll just stare at my passport and smile...or plan my trip to Ireland :)

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:40 am

And This morning my status changed to printing... So only 2 days after the estimated date. Just thought I would report back in case anyone in the future reading finds themselves in a similar situation.

whiskeypause
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by whiskeypause » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:40 am
And This morning my status changed to printing... So only 2 days after the estimated date. Just thought I would report back in case anyone in the future reading finds themselves in a similar situation.
Exactly the same with mine - estimated date was 24th April but showed issued today (26th).

I had been concerned that it had been delayed as I hadn’t sent my original non-Irish passport, just a certified copy, but that obviously wasn’t the case.

hummingbear
Ireland

Post by hummingbear » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:48 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:40 am
Congrats! Mine is estimated for 4/27 so holding my breath I'll get a similar update soon here

woody1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by woody1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Hi All

I’ve lurked here a while. It’s been helpful. My passport is printing now so I guess I’m at the end of things. I thought I’d put a few things out there in case they help others.

Application by FBR. This is my 3rd citizenship by the way, in case his helps anyone. “Dual citizenship “ means simply more than 1. It was the first question I asked solicitors before I did the FBR. I’m a UK citizen/resident.

My FBR took just under 2 years, I applied in Nov 2020.

Re the passport specifically. My proof of name were a bank statement and energy bill. My proof of address was a letter from HMRC. My witness was my cats vet. The vet also signed/certified a photocopy of the photo page of my passport, it doesn’t need to be done by a notary. I asked this on the web chat beforehand. I had no issues with either FBR (complex with family all over the world), and no issue with the passport application either. All seems straightforward.

My important dates were:

Expected issue date April 26
Printing passport- yesterday April 28th. So 2 days after expected date. “Printing” is the current status. I expect dispatch Tuesday after bank holiday Monday has gone by.

woody1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by woody1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:22 pm

woody1 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm
Hi All

I’ve lurked here a while. It’s been helpful. My passport is printing now so I guess I’m at the end of things. I thought I’d put a few things out there in case they help others.

Application by FBR. This is my 3rd citizenship by the way, in case his helps anyone. “Dual citizenship “ means simply more than 1. It was the first question I asked solicitors before I did the FBR. I’m a UK citizen/resident.

My FBR took just over 2 years, I applied in Nov 2020. I was put on the FBR in Jan 2023 and got the certificate early March 2023.

Re the passport specifically. My proof of name were a bank statement and energy bill. My proof of address was a letter from HMRC. My witness was my cats vet. The vet also signed/certified a photocopy of the photo page of my passport, it doesn’t need to be done by a notary. I asked this on the web chat beforehand. I had no issues with either FBR (complex with family all over the world), and no issue with the passport application either. All seems straightforward.

My important dates were:

Printing passport- yesterday April 28th. So 2 days after expected date. “Printing” is the current status. I expect dispatch Tuesday after bank holiday Monday has gone by.

Irishfinallymaybe1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Irishfinallymaybe1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:36 pm

woody1 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm
Hi All

My FBR took just under 2 years, I applied in Nov 2020.

My important dates were:

Hi - Did you send a certified copy of the FBR certificate as well as I've read you can also do this. Or did you send the original?

woody1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by woody1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:27 pm

Hi. No I sent the original FBR Certificate. I didn’t know there was an option.

Irishfinallymaybe1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Irishfinallymaybe1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:12 pm

woody1 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:27 pm
Thanks. I'm tempted to make a little trip out of it and head to Dublin to hand deliver the application. Figured this was also an option.

Great to know I can get certify copy of passport/driving license though.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:15 pm

Irishfinallymaybe1 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:12 pm
woody1 wrote:
Thanks. I'm tempted to make a little trip out of it and head to Dublin to hand deliver the application. Figured this was also an option.
I extremely doubt they accept walk-ins.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Rxp2023
United Kingdom

Post by Rxp2023 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:31 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:15 pm
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:12 pm
woody1 wrote:
I extremely doubt they accept walk-ins.
I do not they believe they accept walk ins but I delivered my application direct to a post office in Dublin and it was already in the passport tracking system the following day. It may save you a week in time if you’d normally post from GB, whether the time saved is equal to the additional cost for travelling to Dublin is the main question.

Irishfinallymaybe1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Irishfinallymaybe1 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:38 am

Thanks for the replies. Guys, guess it's posting from UK then. I guess nobody used a notarised copy of the FBR certificate? Ok sure I saw you could send it with a notarised copy. Will probably take the risk.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon May 01, 2023 6:58 pm

Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:38 am
Thanks for the replies. Guys, guess it's posting from UK then. I guess nobody used a notarised copy of the FBR certificate? Ok sure I saw you could send it with a notarised copy. Will probably take the risk.
FWIW, having been on this board for quite some time, I was a Feb 2020 pre-pandemic applicant for FBR and got my passport this past October, I don't remember ever seeing anyone send a certified copy of the FBR cert on here. Only certified copy of your native passport. You could certainly give it a try, if you're willing to risk some of the long wait times seen for additional evidence recently. If you're concerned about UK - Dublin post issues, and it's feasible, best options seems like a quick trip to Dublin and posting everything from there. Someone on here did that.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Tue May 02, 2023 5:45 pm

My application has reached the 4th state of 5:

"Processing application
Your application is being processed"

Does anyone recall when the application witness is contacted (this is in the US, after FBR. I think the local Irish Consulate does the contacting). I just checked and she has not heard from anyone. Maybe all first-time applications do not get a phone check? Thanks!

woody1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by woody1 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:56 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:45 pm
My application has reached the 4th state of 5:

"Processing application
Your application is being processed"

Does anyone recall when the application witness is contacted (this is in the US, after FBR. I think the local Irish Consulate does the contacting). I just checked and she has not heard from anyone. Maybe all first-time applications do not get a phone check? Thanks!

For me (and it seems most on here) the phone call was definitely done and was the last thing done just prior to printing.

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AngloIrish » Wed May 03, 2023 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I join you from the FBR thread.

Applied online: 24/04/2023
Sent documents (from UK, Royal Mail): 25/04/2023
Documents arrived (according to Royal Mail): 03/05/2023
Documents received (according to DFA): 03/05/2023
Estimated issue date: 31/05/2023

Slightly concerned that I sent certified copies of my FBR and driving licence. Did not send copy of my passport. I remember the application had conflicting suggestions about this. If I’m not mistaken someone on here had a successful application with certified copies of FBR and driving licence.