ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while settle status application is in process

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PAK4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Travel while settle status application is in process

Post by PAK4 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:27 pm

Hi,

I have a pre- settle status and now made an application for settle status, however my question is can I travel while my application is in process?

Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Re: Travel while settle status application is in process

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:47 pm

PAK4 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:27 pm
I have a pre- settle status and now made an application for settle status, however my question is can I travel while my application is in process?
Yes, you can.

Contrary to other immigration applications, traveling outside of the common travel area does NOT cancel an application under the Settlement Scheme. See pg 69 of the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker Guidance:
Travel outside the Common Travel Area
An application made under Appendix EU will not be treated as automatically withdrawn if the applicant travels outside the Common Travel Area before the application has been decided.
However, you need to make sure you have the relevant and up to date documentation that allows you to re-enter the UK from abroad (valid EU passport, BRC, etc.)
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.