ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings - Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saptek
Newly Registered

Previous earnings - Help

Post by saptek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am

Hi all,

This is my first post so let me begin by lauding this wonderful forum and its wonderful contributors.

Now going to the issu i am facing.
I was considering of supplying my previous earnings' documents for the the period Dec 07 to Nov 08. Documents being Payslips and Bank Statements.

Now I am in a situation where my salary for the month of November 08 was credited only on 1st Dec 08 because banks were closed due to the unfortunate incident in Mumbai last week. This is what was the conveyed to all the employees by our company.

My query is that can I still go ahead with the above specified period for my previous earnings or should I go for Nov 07 to Oct 08 instead?

I am not sure if anyone has faced similar situation.

Appreciate if seniors can comment on this.

Thanks.

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 am

You can make your claim period to 02-Dec-07 to 01-Dec-08
And also since anyway you submit 15 months bank statement, you would not have any issues with it.

It is quite acceptable that a month's salary is credited the next month first week also. I had more than one such salary credited next month first week when I went for Tier1 in September, this is all fine provided you are submitting your payslips specifying the amounts.
- Ramgsk

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 am

Thank you ramgsk.

Thats good news, so I guess I don't need to specify this in the covering letter as well, right?

Another thing regarding 15months bank statements, I have have original quarterly Bank statements till September. I have to get the statement for the remaining period from the bank.
Do i need to get all the statements stamped from the bank or just the latter?

Thanks again.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 am

Aah...one more thing on this topic.

Following is the details of my salary slip

Basic Salary  xxxxx
H.R.A   xxxxx
Adhoc Allowance   xxxxx
Education Allowance   xxxxx
Conveyance Allowance xxxxx
Medical Allowance   xxxxx
Housing Loan Interest Subsidy   xxxxx
Gross Earnings xxxxx
P.F.   xxxxx
Professional Tax   xxxxx
Income Tax   xxxxx
Gross Deductions   xxxxx
Net Salary xxxxx

For Previous earnings points calculation, which amount of the above should i consider - Net Salary or Gross Salary or (Net Salary - Income Tax).

The amount that matches the Bank statment is the Net Salary.

This might seem silly considering the number of times this question has been posted in the forum but still just need to double check and confirm.

Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 pm

Gross Earnings. Please read the guidance. These are some of the things that they have clearly specified in the guidance.
saptek wrote:Aah...one more thing on this topic.

Following is the details of my salary slip

Basic Salary  xxxxx
H.R.A   xxxxx
Adhoc Allowance   xxxxx
Education Allowance   xxxxx
Conveyance Allowance xxxxx
Medical Allowance   xxxxx
Housing Loan Interest Subsidy   xxxxx
Gross Earnings xxxxx
P.F.   xxxxx
Professional Tax   xxxxx
Income Tax   xxxxx
Gross Deductions   xxxxx
Net Salary xxxxx

For Previous earnings points calculation, which amount of the above should i consider - Net Salary or Gross Salary or (Net Salary - Income Tax).

The amount that matches the Bank statment is the Net Salary.

This might seem silly considering the number of times this question has been posted in the forum but still just need to double check and confirm.

Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Get all the statements stamped
saptek wrote:Thank you ramgsk.

Thats good news, so I guess I don't need to specify this in the covering letter as well, right?

Another thing regarding 15months bank statements, I have have original quarterly Bank statements till September. I have to get the statement for the remaining period from the bank.

Thanks again.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 am

Thank you very much push_shmp.

This generates another doubt in my mind.

Out of the last 15 months, first 5 months I had been in the UK (earnings in GBP credited in UK bank) . This obviously means that I would have the get the statements stamped from my UK Bank.
So my question is does the 7 day rule apply here as well, I mean do I need to get the statements stamped and signed from the UK within 7 days of applying for the approval?

Appreciate any comment(s) on this please.

Thanks
push_hsmp wrote:Get all the statements stamped

Thanks again.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:26 am

No reply yet. Could anyone pitch in a clarification on this specific query please?

Thanks.
saptek wrote:Thank you very much push_shmp.

This generates another doubt in my mind.

Out of the last 15 months, first 5 months I had been in the UK (earnings in GBP credited in UK bank) . This obviously means that I would have the get the statements stamped from my UK Bank.
So my question is does the 7 day rule apply here as well, I mean do I need to get the statements stamped and signed from the UK within 7 days of applying for the approval?

Appreciate any comment(s) on this please.

Thanks
push_hsmp wrote:Get all the statements stamped

Thanks again.

vinkhub1

Post by vinkhub1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:36 am

Saptek,

The 7 day rule only applies to the maintenance fund requirement not to the previous earnings. I got my visa and had submitted original statements which I receive every quarter.

On the other hand for maintenance funds - I got the bank to prepare the concerned letter on their letter-head dated no earlier than 7 days from the date of application submission.

So, if you are showing maintenance funds from UK bank then only 7 days rule apply to UK bank letter/statements.

On stamping/letterhead, its best to submit originals.

Second best option is to get these on official bank letter head mentioning the bank a/c no. your name address, bank's name address logo...see guidance.

For the maintenance fund letter I got it on letter head then signed & stamped and also attached the visiting card of officer issuing/signing the letter.

With Regards,
-Vinay
saptek wrote:No reply yet. Could anyone pitch in a clarification on this specific query please?

Thanks.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks a lot your elaborate reply Vinay.
Much appreciated. This really helps.

My MF account is in India, only that my earnings are split across 2 countries (UK and India). I have got the original bank statements for my UK bank account but they are not stamped. I guess I would need to get them stamped as well as suggested by push_hsmp in a previous reply.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Regards,
S