ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmicky5050

Mortgage

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:26 pm

Not sure if this is the right subsection to post this but any help would be much appreciated 😊

I am on my second FLRM extension, 2 years to go for ILR. Wife is British. We are applying for a joint mortgage, with our combined salaries. Is there any possibility of getting a joint mortgage with 10% deposit and decent apr with my FLRM status?

Thanks 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mortgage

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:34 pm

This isn't an immigration query really. It is well know that getting the best deal as a visa holder is rare although some do get it.

Best to post this question in a relevant forum etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Victory111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victory111 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:01 pm

Yes you can apply mortgage me and my husband 10 year route but have joint mortgage.wish you best of luck

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:43 pm

You face no issues with getting a mortgage if a spouse is on a visa in the UK (FLR M, my husband has joint mortgage with me and I am British)

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.