ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation document checklist confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Q re citizenship - trips and prev applications

Post by greegiecee » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:34 pm

Hello everyone

I am just rechecking my citizenship application before submitting and have 2 things I wonder if someone could clarify.

1. The first thing is the question about previous UKBA applications. I've been here 15 years and have had numerous applications ranging from student visas, post study work, tier 2 and ILR. The only app made in the last 5 years was ILR. Do I just provide these details or do I have to list every single one (I don't even know if I have all the details of every single one)?

2. Re trips out the country. I have made no trips outside the country in the last 5 years. From what I understand citizenship is only interested in the last 5 years so I can so no. But, in the same section they asked when I first entered the UK which was in 2008. I have obviously been out the country since 2008, just not in the last 5 years. I just wanted to confirm I don't have to declare any trips even though I entered in 2008?

Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Q re citizenship - trips and prev applications

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:51 pm

1. Provide as much detail as you have or remember. Some fields are if known anyway. It’s not an issue if you don’t have all data.

2. No absences not an issue. Not connected to first entry.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Q re citizenship - trips and prev applications

Post by greegiecee » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:56 pm

Thank you Alterhase58

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Naturalisation document checklist confusion

Post by greegiecee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:58 pm

Hello everyone

I am hoping someone can clarify something for me. I've submitted my application and printed out the list of mandatory documents which in short are:

1. Passport
2. Proof of English Test
3. Proof of living in the UK (5 years)
4. BRP
5. 2 x referee forms

My question is around point 3. Everything I have read says that my passport should suffice for evidence. I'm just concerned that because they list my passport as a separate document there may be something else?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation document checklist confusion

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:03 pm

Passport(s) only, all stamped pages, is proof of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation document checklist confusion

Post by greegiecee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:56 pm

Thanks CR001