ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whether doctors are eligible for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masaud
Newly Registered

Whether doctors are eligible for HSMP

Post by masaud » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:49 pm

I am a doctor by profession. I have 13 years experience as a general medical practitioner. I want to apply for HSMP. I score 15 points for education, 50 points for experience, 25 points for earning and 10 points for spouse education as my wife is also a doctor. So I get 100 points.
To work as a doctor in UK, I must be registered with the General Medical Council of UK. Their requirement is to pass the PLAB examination to be eligible to apply for registration. It takes a lot of luck and about 6 months to pass this examination. There are also 50 points for priority factor if one is registered with General Medical Council.
If I apply for HSMP, Will they approve my case because I get the required points; or reject my case because I will not be able to work in the selected profession although I get the required points. What should I do? What is the rule? Please explain it.

Any one with knowledge on this topic should respond

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Whether doctors are eligible for HSMP

Post by Chess » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:19 pm

If I apply for HSMP, Will they approve my case because I get the required points; or reject my case because I will not be able to work in the selected profession although I get the required points. What should I do? What is the rule? Please explain it.
Basically, you have answered your own question....there is no pint getting approval if you cannot continue your career in the UK
Where there is a will there is a way.

darikusa

Post by darikusa » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 pm

You may start planning for it. I know of people who do locum in UK. Locum is where people go to UK and work for 3 or 4 months in a UK hospital. That way you might be able to get registered with UK Medical Council.

Thesedays there is a need for doctor.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:41 pm

whether Locum or not, you have to satisfy the GMC and BMA rules - and that is satisfied by passing the PLAB exams satisfactorily

All the best.

PS. There are 'hardly' any NHS dentists in the UK, but still foreign dentists have to go through the lengthy and complicated work permit procedures
Where there is a will there is a way.