ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - more than 90 days out of UK (Medical Condition)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanderer05
Mood:
India

British Citizenship - more than 90 days out of UK (Medical Condition)

Post by wanderer05 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:21 pm

Hello,

My wife who had received her ILR in Dec 2021 was due to get her citizenship post Dec 2022 last year but due to some medical conditions she has flown back to her home country since Jan 2023 and would not be back until July 2023 the latest.

Question: Can she apply for British citizenship on grounds of she being in country during 2021-2022 or on basis of medical condition, documents of which can be sent with visa application if required.

I am yet to achieve my ILR, hence the question. Any help would be appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - more than 90 days out of UK (Medical Condition)

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:50 pm

The guidance regarding the 90 days absence doesn't specifically refer to medical exemptions - though you could try and ask for discretion being granted, which is not guaranteed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Of course one way of reducing the absence number for the last 12 months is to delay the application a few months, and ensure the application fee is not lost.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.