ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration complaints

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dewdrops1420

MN1 registration complaints

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:24 pm

Hi,

I read it in this forum that people place complaints when MN1 registration processing is delayed.
Could you please tell me how to complain or whom to contact?

We have been waiting for over 7 months now: My daughter's application ,she was born in UK and one of the parent had ILR at the time of MN1 submission.
Mother's ILR - received: 08-07-2022
MN1 online appln submission - 26-09-2023
Biometric and document submission confirmation : 27-09-2023
Email received from xxx@Home Office on 16.3.23 that

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision."

Since then I sent a reply email and many more emails but no response. Then I called up UKVI and they asked me to send a letter by post to Liverpool UKVI and no response after more than 2 weeks.

Please can someone please help us?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 registration complaints

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:34 pm

It's difficult to suggest what you can do to expedite - we are not aware of named UKVI contact persons, suffice to say there are a variety of email addresses you may want to try: british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594

Have you been in touch with your MP? That's normally one of the first contacts people try if they are getting nowhere. They have a contact point at the Home Office although it's no guarantee they can make UKVI work faster. Often MPs get the same type of emails you have received ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Thank you. Yes I sent an email to the MP yesterday evening.
Should I try contacting his office by phone?

Warm regards,
Malini

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:38 pm

You could try phoning their office however I would check the MPs website first to see how they want to communicate for various topics. They tend to be busy with all manner of issues and won’t necessarily have a dedicated expert on immigration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:54 pm

Thank you!

MP responded to me on Apr14 that they have contacted home office and will let me know of the update.
Home office today sent an email saying there is an IT issue which had caused the delay in enrolling our application and will soon update.

Hopefully we will get the registration done soon.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:27 pm

Hi all,

I got reply from HO and MP's office that HO is facing some IT issues hence enrollment process is not happening and they will treat my application on priority.

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue May 09, 2023 10:13 am

Hi all,

UKVI has informed me now that due to some technical issues, we need to do biometric again. So all the process has to be repeated including submitting the application and booking for biometric and I'm not sure when we will get MN1 in hand.
Has anyone ever experienced such issues?

Thanks