ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KristinaT
Belarus

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by KristinaT » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:58 pm

I think it is very depends, my husband disclosure was viewed January 12, but still no approval...

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:06 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:55 pm
I paid 950 on 26th March. The application is still sitting in submitted. I haven't received any invite yet. I even made a mistake submitting my photo. Not sure what will happen.
On 28 march i even sent an email to citizenshiponline@justice.ie but as usual no reply yet.
They might still be figuring out the logistics; I expect invites to be sent out in massive batches, when the deadline for new attendees has passed.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:06 pm

Prashantckc wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:09 am
meself2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:27 pm
Prashantckc wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:25 pm
Do we know whets the different status of Garda vetting?

Thsi is what I see for my application

20 Apr 23 9:36 AM
Application process completed
9:12 AM
Application scheduled for completion
9:12 AM
In Progress (NVB)
17 Apr 23
4:38 PM
In Progress (NVB)
5 Apr 23
10:12 AM
Application scheduled for completion
10:12 AM
In Progress (NVB)
10:09 AM
Application submitted to NVB for processing
3 Apr 23
1:19 PM
Application awaiting review by registered organisation
11:26 AM
Invitation sent to applicant
10:59 AM
Invitation being prepared by NVB
10:51 AM
Invitation received by NVB
At the moment you have been vetted and result is ready. The only next status that's important to you is "Disclosure viewed", meaning ISD has seen what Garda disclosed about you. You'll get an email when it happens.

Example chart explaining statuses: https://www.tudublin.ie/media/website/s ... 17-PDF.pdf
Thanks a lot. Its now showing disclosure viewed. Now I suppose we need to wait for the POST to pay the fees?
Yep.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:57 pm

Does anyone know do they still take your IRP card from you when you get approval or at the ceremony, considering you don't even get the certificate on the day anymore?

We are really hoping my husband will get approval and be invited to the June ceremony, but we are going away for 3 weeks on the 8th of July which has already been planned since way before the ceremony dates were announced. This is about 2.5 weeks after the ceremony so if he does receive approval/ceremony he wouldnt have the cert before leaving, and most likely it would arrive while we are away.

I assume we wouldn't have issues getting back in if he still has the IRP card, but if they take it off of him and we don't have the cert, I think it might cause problems? We can't rearrange either its all already paid.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:57 pm
Does anyone know do they still take your IRP card from you when you get approval or at the ceremony, considering you don't even get the certificate on the day anymore?

We are really hoping my husband will get approval and be invited to the June ceremony, but we are going away for 3 weeks on the 8th of July which has already been planned since way before the ceremony dates were announced. This is about 2.5 weeks after the ceremony so if he does receive approval/ceremony he wouldnt have the cert before leaving, and most likely it would arrive while we are away.

I assume we wouldn't have issues getting back in if he still has the IRP card, but if they take it off of him and we don't have the cert, I think it might cause problems? We can't rearrange either its all already paid.
On last ceremony people mentioned there was no indication you need to send your IRP back on the approval letter, as before. They don't even ask you to bring your IRP to ceremony, only passport (as a form of ID).

If worst comes to worst, you'd have to do a Burgh Quay emergency visa trip - see post2044798.html#p2044798

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 pm

How do you avail of your rights as a citizen when you don't even have the document to prove it?
My wife's IRP happens to expire the date of the ceremony so wondering what to do about that.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:14 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 pm
luxurylemon wrote:

On last ceremony people mentioned there was no indication you need to send your IRP back on the approval letter, as before. They don't even ask you to bring your IRP to ceremony, only passport (as a form of ID).

If worst comes to worst, you'd have to do a Burgh Quay emergency visa trip - see post2044798.html#p2044798
He has a US passport so no visa required. So wouldn't be an option/necessary anyway. We've never been asked for a visa or IRP card by an airline only by immigration upon re-entry. Hopefully if it comes to it they wont take it back and its enough then.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:16 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 pm
How do you avail of your rights as a citizen when you don't even have the document to prove it?
My wife's IRP happens to expire the date of the ceremony so wondering what to do about that.
I'd advise you to renew it now, if it's straightforward and free, like Stamp 4 due to marriage - Dublin online system allows you to submit applications 3 months in advance and GNIB officers will, hopefully, be sympathetic.

If you don't want to/can't renew and plan to travel - emergency visas would be the case, I'm afraid (see ireland/travel-under-emergency-circumst ... 28353.html and subsequent topics). Otherwise you'd just be stuck waiting in Ireland until you got the cert and passport, which would take a few months.

Or just ask them by email and see what they say - citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:21 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:14 pm
meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 pm
luxurylemon wrote:

He has a US passport so no visa required. So wouldn't be an option/necessary anyway. We've never been asked for a visa or IRP card by an airline only by immigration upon re-entry. Hopefully if it comes to it they wont take it back and its enough then.
Don't think they took anyone's IRP from the ceremony, abeit we're yet to hear from someone who attempted to travel. Let us know how it goes!

On a side note, certificates from Dublin ceremony were sent after a ~month of it happening, from what was mentioned on the board, so I estimate about 3 months' wait until Irish passport.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:30 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:21 pm

Don't think they took anyone's IRP from the ceremony, abeit we're yet to hear from someone who attempted to travel. Let us know how it goes!

On a side note, certificates from Dublin ceremony were sent after a ~month of it happening, from what was mentioned on the board, so I estimate about 3 months' wait until Irish passport.
You are an Irish Citizen from the day of the ceremony is what they say right, with or without the cert? Theres only ever been 1 Irish Citizen deported from Ireland, so I'm guessing we will be fine just maybe might get messy? :shock:
As long as we have the IRP we should be ok... they never check anything with it just a quick stamp and off we go.
Hopefully it will all go smooth and this is all dependent on IF he gets approval and invited to the June ceremony.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:08 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:30 pm
You are an Irish Citizen from the day of the ceremony is what they say right, with or without the cert?
As they put it:
You do not become an Irish citizen until you make your declaration.
I was asking mostly not about the possibility of any impediment (most likely they'll just let him in), but whether they'll take IRP off him or not - I have travel plans for summer and want to understand if I can use my IRP or am I supposed to do the Burgh Quay quest.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:33 am

They won't take IRP card in the ceremony. It's just signing of declaration of fidelity to nation and then swearing. So if your IRP is still valid after ceremony you can still use it to travel to and travel from Ireland.

Ctizienshipinfo doesn't really answer the question about "what the hell am I supposed to do till I get my certificate". They just send it in a month after the ceremony and passport application takes another month. So you won't be able to "proof" your Irish nationality for traveling purposes till then.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Seeing no update from members whose Garda Vetting has been viewed. Fingers crossed for the June-2023 :D :D :D :D

expatlux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by expatlux » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:06 am

Hi folks, I applied for naturalisation in January 2021 based on my Irish citizen young child (we are both resident in Ireland). At the two year mark I emailed (for the first time) requesting an update as all the time estimates had elapsed, I essentially received a form letter email reply indicating my application was 'progressing normally'. I don't *yet* want to do a freedom of information request in my file butt perhaps soon. Any advice on what else to do but wait, and when I might decide to submit a FOI request? Thanks :)

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:40 am

What the form you filled and what was the residency requirement?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:12 pm

expatlux wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:06 am
Hi folks, I applied for naturalisation in January 2021 based on my Irish citizen young child (we are both resident in Ireland). At the two year mark I emailed (for the first time) requesting an update as all the time estimates had elapsed, I essentially received a form letter email reply indicating my application was 'progressing normally'. I don't *yet* want to do a freedom of information request in my file butt perhaps soon. Any advice on what else to do but wait, and when I might decide to submit a FOI request? Thanks :)
I have an Irish citizen but I applied in JUNE 2021 based on a non-eu 5 years route (stamp4)- So far, there has not been asked vetting or anything. end of March - The registration unit asked me to provide additional documents like 3 years of p60, bank statements, spouse details like what was done in 5 years, and a state of payment letter from SW.
I think
Bringing up Good Irish citizen children to the Irish community should be a great help to the state in future and I hope it helps your application.

iainke2
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by iainke2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:23 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:55 pm
KristinaT wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:51 pm
I still get no even evetting (applied July 2021)
Might be around time to start acting. Request an FOI for starters, see the progress.
I submitted a request using the form, via registered post, on Thursday, 20 April. On the form I indicated my preferred method of communication was email. On Wednesday, 26 April (within the 10 business day requirement), I received an email with an attached letter of acknowledgement for my request. The first page of the letter just explains the process, my rights in applying for FOI, constraints for the request, etc. Basically what's stated on the FOI pages. The letter states that I should have the official response by 25 May, and describes what my rights are if that deadline is not met. At the end of the letter, in bold text, the following two paragraphs were included.

"Our colleagues who process the citizenship/naturalisation applications have informed us that the increased volume of correspondence they receive in relation to applications has had a significant impact on the time line for processing a standard application, which is now in excess of 12 months. Citizenship Division are not in a position to respond to any query in relation to any invitation to citizenship ceremonies and their advice is to continue to check the website for further announcements and updates at
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... ship-news/

Please be advised that the decision maker in your case will only review documents on your file, as in accordance with Section 12 of the FOI Acts, access to or a copy of particular records may be requested by an individual which are held by a public body. As quoted from the Office of the Information Commissioner, the FOI Acts do not oblige a public body to respond to questions, but rather provide a right of access to records held by a public body which may answer such questions. Therefore, there are no provisions under the FOI Acts to allow this Department to answer any questions regarding citizenship/naturalisation applications or progress to date of an application."

I was reasonably specific in the form with the information I was requesting, including internal correspondence regarding my application, the steps that have been completed, and specifically an inventory of the contents of my submission. Let's see what if anything useful their response to this request reveals, and if there's (perceived) impact on the progression of my application.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:17 pm

iainke2 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:23 pm

I submitted a request using the form.....
Thanks for posting this. I hope it works for you and that you can keep us advised of progress.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Tue May 02, 2023 7:17 pm

There seems to be no update on any application post everting disclosure viewed.

Horribly tensed for June ceremony of we can make it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 02, 2023 7:19 pm

They could, in theory, make another cevent ceremony, when invitations were sent online, two-three weeks before invitation, but trip to Dublin and trip to Killarney are vastly different in terms of transport and people's availability, so this time I'd prefer to have an invitation a bit more in advance.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Tue May 02, 2023 8:19 pm

Let's hope so..time is running out and 2 weeks since disclosure viewed and no update yet.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:08 pm

Are you waiting for what? An approval ?

I paid 950 in march i still haven't received any invitation yet.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 02, 2023 9:12 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:08 pm
Are you waiting for what? An approval ?
Yep. And afterwards they'll also need to send the invite.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Wed May 03, 2023 10:08 pm

Guys i think one would be very lucky to get an approval and invitation at this stage because the next ceremony is only around the corner.

There are many including myself who have paid 950 and still waiting for an invitation.

I dont like when i say this but people with their Disclosure viewed will have to wait for a December ceremony unless the minister has a JR threat letter from someone.
I am saying this because my Disclosure was viewed in February but i was not invited in an unannounced March ceremony which was held in RDS Dublin. I know the wait is painful but even December is only a few months away. But i agree with others that just an approval letter is a relief itself.

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Thu May 04, 2023 2:37 am

I completely agree with you. Approvals and invitations can’t happen right now for a ceremony that’s like six weeks away