ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Curtailment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Roha1
Newly Registered
England

Visa Curtailment

Post by Roha1 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:48 pm

Hi.
I was the victim of physical domestic abuse. My partner is still on my dependent visa. If I send an email for his curtailment to the home office I heard he will be granted 60 days of period to stay in the UK. What could be his options to extend his stay in the UK? Would he take a benefit of curtailment or can he appeal or take injunction from court to extend his stay for years?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Curtailment

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:47 am

Roha1 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:48 pm
Hi.
I was the victim of physical domestic abuse. My partner is still on my dependent visa. If I send an email for his curtailment to the home office I heard he will be granted 60 days of period to stay in the UK. What could be his options to extend his stay in the UK? Would he take a benefit of curtailment or can he appeal or take injunction from court to extend his stay for years?
If you report, the Home Office will decide what to do next and you will not be updated. If there are other visa types he qualifies for in his own right he can switch to

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Curtailment

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:23 am

Is this query related to the similar query you posted last year?

general-uk-immigration-forum/tier-2-vis ... l#p2049070
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.