ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal for Spousal Visa from Pakistan to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Appeal for Spousal Visa from Pakistan to UK

Post by hopeful9 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:10 am

Hi All,

I am hoping you can help, my brother is down currently his wife's visa has been refused, in December 2022.
We believe we were advised wrongly by the immigration lawyer. Reason for refusal was that 6 months payslips were given for Nov 2021 to Apr 2023 and as my brother works for a relative (older brother) the CRT600 only covered April 2021 to Mar 2022. Reason from Immigration "You have not submitted the following required documents as listed above as your sponsor has been employed since 1 November 2021 and has only provided 6 months payslips. The payslips therefore do not cover same period as the Company Tax Return
CT600 (01/04/2021 - 31/03/2022). You have therefore failed to provide the required
documents relating to your sponsor’s employment. "

1. We feel the solicitor should have advised on this, but the solicitor is saying my brother is not a owner shareholder so the immigration decision is wrong. We appealed the decision in Jan 2023 and have not heard anything back.

So the questions.

1. Can we make a new application for spousal Visa whilst the appeal is going on for the first visa rejection?
2. Is it faster now fast track service has started in Pakistan, to start with fresh application as all the paperwork is in order.

3. Should we have received the health surcharge back from the first application?

4. Is solicitor correct that my brother didn't need to send CRT600 as he is not owner or shareholder in the company although he works for his brother (I feel this looks wrong, reading the legal rules concerning this area).

5. If my brother has savings over £62,500 for the last six months is it better he now applies on savings alone. (we understand he has to provide source of income, tax information and account for every penny etc...).

This is a stressful time for my brother and it is impacting his work and mental health I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank You in advance for any advice.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal for Spousal Visa from Pakistan to UK

Post by hopeful9 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:50 pm

Hi All,

I have been following my earlier post.

1. Health surcharge has been paid back.

2. You must end appeal before raising new application.

My brother easily meets the financial requirements as he received compensation after surviving a near fatal hit run car incident a 5 years ago. He has all the paperwork from solicitor.

So now I have realised the immigration solicitor did not handle case properly, I am wondering after refusal of visa on first attempt, its been 4 months whether it is best to start new priority application and just give all information about failure of first application (sad but he missed by one month being in new financial year to CT600 supplied by his brother).

Also if solicitor had given all paperwork the offset could have been met by savings....

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank You

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:54 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:50 pm
Hi All,

I have been following my earlier post.

1. Health surcharge has been paid back.

2. You must end appeal before raising new application.

My brother easily meets the financial requirements as he received compensation after surviving a near fatal hit run car incident a 5 years ago. He has all the paperwork from solicitor.

So now I have realised the immigration solicitor did not handle case properly, I am wondering after refusal of visa on first attempt, its been 4 months whether it is best to start new priority application and just give all information about failure of first application (sad but he missed by one month being in new financial year to CT600 supplied by his brother).

Also if solicitor had given all paperwork the offset could have been met by savings....

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank You
You can go to reapply and provide needed information to address and avoid previously identified pitfalls
Note that priority is not guaranteed to be quick and person with previous refusal used to be adviced not to apply with priority service though some have and got fast turnaround
Of their application

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:27 pm

Thank You really appreciate the advice.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:41 pm

After a being advised badly by the solicitor.

We are now reapplying after refusal of Spouse visa.
Reason being CT600 was given for 2021/2022 but 5 wage slips given were for this period.
One wage slip went into next year hence refusal.

We are looking to apply on savings only as this has been met for 8months continuously and source of funds fully explainable.

Do we need to just give bank statements or should we give this along with payslips and tax return for rental money and CT600 for current year?

Do we need to cater for first refusal.... and explain all finance affairs or just needed for visa requirement?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:25 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:41 pm
After a being advised badly by the solicitor.

We are now reapplying after refusal of Spouse visa.
Reason being CT600 was given for 2021/2022 but 5 wage slips given were for this period.
One wage slip went into next year hence refusal.

We are looking to apply on savings only as this has been met for 8months continuously and source of funds fully explainable.

Do we need to just give bank statements or should we give this along with payslips and tax return for rental money and CT600 for current year?

Do we need to cater for first refusal.... and explain all finance affairs or just needed for visa requirement?
Even though applications are said to be assessed on their merits, it better to address previous refusal.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:31 pm

Thank You for help so far.

I have two more questions.

1. What is BRP? something related to biometric post office service, how will it affect spouse visa?
2. Is the health surcharge taken when applying online in process of payment via VFS.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 pm

1. Brpia the biometric residence permit,which is rhe visa. You get the card when the spouse arrives in the uk at the post office you nominated in the form. It looks similar to a drivers licence.

2. Ihs is payable online to UKVI when you do the application. Has nothing to do with VFS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi,

Thank You for advice so far.

1. Is it best to combine PDF's into one file before submitting, does it matter? Is there limit on number of files that can be uploaded.

2. On Income: We have Salary 12months, rental income and savings above threshold required for six months.
Is it best to include all avenues when applying and backing up with evidence or concentrating on savings and sources of income....

Really appreciate your help, this an application after refusal due to one month payslip being in wrong financial year to CT600 presented. We tried applying with solicitor now we applying ourselves. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 pm

Another question on top of previous post questions.

1. Is the SU07/12 form sponsor undertaking required as compulsory, or will a letter detailing that husband will support be ok.

2. Also, is marriage photos, Immigration stamp on Passport for marriage visit. ok to show relationship or do we need to screenshot Whatsapp messages too. marriage was in October 2021.

Really hoping someone will help and advise.
Thank You in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:39 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:50 pm
Hi,

Thank You for advice so far.

1. Is it best to combine PDF's into one file before submitting, does it matter? Is there limit on number of files that can be uploaded. No dont scan all and make 1 PDF file to avoid muddling things and confusing CW, scan and name documents and upload. No limits to numbers, limit is size of each document (6mb if I recall right)

2. On Income: We have Salary 12months, rental income and savings above threshold required for six months.
Is it best to include all avenues when applying and backing up with evidence or concentrating on savings and sources of income.... Again to avoid confusion stick to a particular one and provide such evidence I.e. either salary or savings and provide needed documents

Really appreciate your help, this an application after refusal due to one month payslip being in wrong financial year to CT600 presented. We tried applying with solicitor now we applying ourselves. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:42 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 pm

1. Is the SU07/12 form sponsor undertaking required as compulsory, or will a letter detailing that husband will support be ok.

2. Also, is marriage photos, Immigration stamp on Passport for marriage visit. ok to show relationship or do we need to screenshot Whatsapp messages too. marriage was in October 2021. Include screenshot of WhatsApp communication till date to show contemporaneous evidence of subsisting relationship

Thank You in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:54 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 pm

2. Also, is marriage photos, Immigration stamp on Passport for marriage visit. ok to show relationship or do we need to screenshot Whatsapp messages too. marriage was in October 2021.

Thank You in advance.
Why didn't your brother just appeal instead of reapplying. That's a lot of money to throwaway. All you need to do is provided the missing documents and a bit more, and the refusal would be overturned.
Address the issues raised.
Appeals are just £80.

Don't let the long wait scare you. If everything missing is supplied, you can get an email overturning it in 8-12 weeks.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:06 pm

We did appeal the decision but not heard anything since, its been 4 months now.
So thinking it maybe better just to apply again.

Sad reason for failure was one little oversight. ie payslip in different year to CT600.
Even that is now catered for......

I don't think you can chase for update on appeal... so ony way left is new application.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:07 pm

Thanks all for the advice provided

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:45 pm

[quote=Ticktack post_id=2113257 time=1682675648 user_id=259996]
[quote=hopeful9 post_id=2113202 time=1682628930 user_id=55256]

Thank You in advance.
[/quote]
Why didn't your brother just appeal instead of reapplying. That's a lot of money to throwaway. All you need to do is provided the missing documents and a bit more, and the refusal would be overturned.
Address the issues raised.
Appeals are just £80.

Don't let the long wait scare you. If everything missing is supplied, you can get an email overturning it in 8-12 weeks.
[/quote]

We are awaiting court date its been four months since appeal.
is it possible to send new CT600 and 12 months payslips documents to appeal, solicitor is saying we have to get court date first? I have lost confidence with solicitor hence am trying to cancel appeal and redo application.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Tue May 02, 2023 10:48 pm

Hi All,

Having thought all the options through and to avoid confusion.

We are going to apply on savings alone.

So if we declare give the source of savings as the actual personal injury award letter and income from employment, he does work for his brother. his savings have been above 62,500 for over six months when you combine two accounts.

Would evidence:
injury award and payslips with letter of declaration for both bank accounts be enough. We do intend to send all tax info but not sure whether to tick savings only or income as well.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 03, 2023 4:28 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:48 pm
Hi All,

Having thought all the options through and to avoid confusion.

We are going to apply on savings alone.

So if we declare give the source of savings as the actual personal injury award letter and income from employment, he does work for his brother. his savings have been above 62,500 for over six months when you combine two accounts.

Would evidence:
injury award and payslips with letter of declaration for both bank accounts be enough. We do intend to send all tax info but not sure whether to tick savings only or income as well.
Tick savings only.
Bank statements and declaration of source of the income and other documents you mentioned should suffice.

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:26 pm

Thanks for support.

I guess last question.
We have updated all relevant documents paid Health charge.

Did priority appt.... although on uk website it said standard.

What does the spouse have to take to appointment.

1. Passport.
2. Application Form.
3. Checklist to tick and sign.

Anything else?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 04, 2023 1:38 am

hopeful9 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:26 pm
Thanks for support.

I guess last question.
We have updated all relevant documents paid Health charge.

Did priority appt.... although on uk website it said standard.

What does the spouse have to take to appointment.

1. Passport.
2. Application Form. No
3. Checklist to tick and sign.

Anything else?

Thanks
Appointment confirmation slip

hopeful9
Newly Registered

Post by hopeful9 » Mon May 08, 2023 10:09 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping the following question will help myself and maybe others.

1. When we filled the application for spouse visa for wife in Pakistan, there was only standard service available on filling application form.

2. When we booked VFS services we bought the priority service.

So question for faster turnaround is there an option to select priority or super priority after filling application form or is this normal that the option appears on VFS?

Thank You all for help provided so far and best of luck to all applying.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm

hopeful9 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:09 pm
Hi All,

1. When we filled the application for spouse visa for wife in Pakistan, there was only standard service available on filling application form.

So question for faster turnaround is there an option to select priority or super priority after filling application form or is this normal that the option appears on VFS?

No priority application for spouse visas from outside the UK. Documents need to be checked, verified and authenticated via multiple agencies. Not sure how that can be done with the snap of a finger.

At this point now, you sit back and wait for the agreed service time.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue May 09, 2023 7:17 pm

Priority services are available (as the OP has confirmed) for spouse visas, and other visas from abroad.

HO is unlikely to pass or give up such a cash cow.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue May 09, 2023 7:27 pm

hopeful9 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:09 pm
Hi All,

For applications outside the UK, the priority services cannot usually be purchased at the time of submitting the application.

This is usually purchased via the VACs as you have done.

There is usually no quicker turnaround compared to purchasing at the time of submission as these applications are deemed to be processed only after submission of biometrics, as it is with most applications in the UK.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."