ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Advice on Youtube about UK Fiance Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

williammyg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Wrong Advice on Youtube about UK Fiance Visa?

Post by williammyg » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:35 am

Hi, Can someone please confirm that the lady in this video is wrong? She says it is necessary to prove that you have lived together for 2 years in order to apply for a Fiance Visa.

As I understand it, that's a requirement for the Spouse Visa not the Fiance Visa. For the Fiance visa you have to prove that you have met, spent time together and have an intention to marry etc., but NOT that you have lived together for 2 years. Am I correct?

YouTube link removed by moderator.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Wrong Advice on Youtube about UK Fiance Visa?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:07 am

williammyg wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:35 am
Hi, Can someone please confirm that the lady in this video is wrong? She says it is necessary to prove that you have lived together for 2 years in order to apply for a Fiance Visa.

As I understand it, that's a requirement for the Spouse Visa No not the Fiance Visa. For the Fiance visa you have to prove that you have met, spent time together and have an intention to marry etc., but NOT that you have lived together for 2 years. Am I correct?

YouTube link removed by moderator
As per what you wrote, the video is wrong and so are you in some ways.

Living together requirement is for unmarried partner application.

Note I did not watch the video.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:27 am

williammyg wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:35 am

As I understand it, that's a requirement for the Spouse Visa not the Fiance Visa. For the Fiance visa you have to prove that you have met, spent time together and have an intention to marry etc., but NOT that you have lived together for 2 years. Am I correct?

YouTube link removed by moderator.
Alot of what she says is required totally incorrect and unnecessary

Please, follow the ukvi guidance rather than some random people's advice on social media.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

williammyg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by williammyg » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Many thanks AmazonianX and CR001 for kindly replying. I'll post a message in the vidoes comments to highliight the issue.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:43 am

williammyg wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:03 pm
Many thanks AmazonianX and CR001 for kindly replying. I'll post a message in the vidoes comments to highliight the issue.
If you have questions, ask them here.