ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Child with ROA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seth22
Newly Registered
India

British Passport for Child with ROA

Post by seth22 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:47 pm

HI All,
My son was born in India in May/2022 and as I was a British citizen he got his COE-ROA sticker and we travelled to the UK with that.
I applied for his first British passport with the same Indian brith certificate and my naturalisation certificate, few days back.
Today I got an email from passport office asking me to send the original birth certificate.
The certificate i sent is the original and it also has details printed in a native indian language and also in English. so no translation was needed for ROA also.

My question is how do I contact passport office to inform them , that it is the original and also has particulars in english and it was the same we provided for COE-ROA approval ? do I write an letter and post it with application number ?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Passport for Child with ROA

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:23 pm

Can you email a reply back? Best to do this first.
You could try phoning the HMPO helpline though you may be have to wait a long time and won't necessarily speak to a decision maker ... There's also an online complaints form where you may get a response within 72 hrs:
https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Re: British Passport for Child with ROA

Post by seth22 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:59 am

Thanks. The first email I received is an auto generated email.
However I raised a complaint on the link you shared and the have now flagged it for the examiner to re examine it. Thank you