ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Renew BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fazhaque

ILR - Renew BRP

Post by fazhaque » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:13 pm

Hi,
Hoping someone could advise here please. My wife had received her ILR back in 2013. She wants to keep her Chinese passport so never applied to become British national.
Her BRP card is due to expire this year so we need to renew it. I thought the application process with be very straightforward ( like driving licence renewal), but within the application form they are asking to provide proof of last 10 years continuous residency with GP records, bank statement or council tax letters etc. Bank only can give us last 7 years bank statement, council only 5 heard ans GP only have last 2 years. So we have only manage to source documents for the last 7 years ( who keeps hold of 10 years worth of paperwork :( .

My question is, is there likely to be a problem if we can't provide paperwork for those first 3 years. Do you have any suggestions what other documents we can provide? Her passport has all the entry exit stamps on them, so I thought that would have been sufficient.

Thanks for your any support on this
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"
Albert Einstein

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Renew BRP

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:10 am

fazhaque wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:13 pm
Hi,
Hoping someone could advise here please. My wife had received her ILR back in 2013. She wants to keep her Chinese passport so never applied to become British national.
Her BRP card is due to expire this year so we need to renew it. I thought the application process with be very straightforward ( like driving licence renewal), but within the application form they are asking to provide proof of last 10 years continuous residency with GP records, bank statement or council tax letters etc. Bank only can give us last 7 years bank statement, council only 5 heard ans GP only have last 2 years. So we have only manage to source documents for the last 7 years ( who keeps hold of 10 years worth of paperwork :( .

My question is, is there likely to be a problem if we can't provide paperwork for those first 3 years. Do you have any suggestions what other documents we can provide? Her passport has all the entry exit stamps on them, so I thought that would have been sufficient.

Thanks for your any support on this
The documents and her passport would suffice. They just need to make sure that she hasn't been out of the UK for more that 2 years at a time.

You can only give what you have. It should be fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

kumar_krish
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kumar_krish » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Hi,

I too have a similar issue. I have just applied with the available documents as my spouse was she hasn't been out of the UK for more that 2 years at a time. I am still awaiting for the results.

Please advise any idea how long it takes for the results? The 'Visa decision waiting times: applications inside the UK' shows max of 6 months. That's too far away. Just want to know how it worked for others please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:07 pm

kumar_krish wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm
Hi,

I too have a similar issue. I have just applied with the available documents as my spouse was she hasn't been out of the UK for more that 2 years at a time. I am still awaiting for the results.

Please advise any idea how long it takes for the results? The 'Visa decision waiting times: applications inside the UK' shows max of 6 months. That's too far away. Just want to know how it worked for others please?
You will just have to exercise patience and wait.

kumar_krish
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kumar_krish » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:56 pm

Application for renew BRP card (of ILR) successful.

Applied on 1st March 2023 and received on 12th April 2023.

Thanks All for the support.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:00 pm

Is it a physical card? What is its expiry date?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kumar_krish
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kumar_krish » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:07 pm

Yes, Physical card. Expiry date is 31.12.2024

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:35 pm

kumar_krish wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:07 pm
Yes, Physical card. Expiry date is 31.12.2024
As expected. Thanks for the validation.

Indie22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Indie22 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:48 am

kumar_krish wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:56 pm
Application for renew BRP card (of ILR) successful.

Applied on 1st March 2023 and received on 12th April 2023.

Thanks All for the support.

Hi, this is really helpful. I am going through same process of renewing my Brp after 10years.

Can you confirm if 1st of March was when you applied online or when you gave your biometrics??

Thanks!

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Is there an option to pay a higher fee/ premium service to get a new BRP card quickly. ILR granted in 2013, BRP mentions Indefinite Leave To Remian with validity till 2023. May need to travel on short notice so wish to avoid waiting for weeks and weeks to receive new BRP.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 25, 2023 4:14 pm

Curious2012 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:59 pm
Is there an option to pay a higher fee/ premium service to get a new BRP card quickly. ILR granted in 2013, BRP mentions Indefinite Leave To Remian with validity till 2023. May need to travel on short notice so wish to avoid waiting for weeks and weeks to receive new BRP.
There is no faster route to it.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:18 pm

So if someone has to travel overseas, will have to do without the BRP? That seems strange and unworkable

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Curious2012 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:18 pm
So if someone has to travel overseas, will have to do without the BRP? That seems strange and unworkable
Your BRP in your possession is your responsibility to keep things in good order.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:53 pm

Sorry didn't understand! What do you mean by "BRP is in my possession and my responsibility to keep it In good order" ?!! It's got nothing to do with that.
My query is not about a lost or stolen BRP. ILR waa granted and the BRP says so with an expiry date after 10 years written on it. Now need to replace BRP. May need to travel on short notice. Can one apply more than 3 months before expiry

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 26, 2023 10:06 am

Curious2012 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:53 pm
Sorry didn't understand! What do you mean by "BRP is in my possession and my responsibility to keep it In good order" ?!! It's got nothing to do with that.
My query is not about a lost or stolen BRP. ILR waa granted and the BRP says so with an expiry date after 10 years written on it. Now need to replace BRP. May need to travel on short notice. Can one apply more than 3 months before expiry
Why not start your own thread with your own questions, instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Fri May 26, 2023 10:34 am

Hijacking someones else's thread ???!!! Dude get a grip!!
What am I missing here?
The query I had was related to the questions raised here, so added it here. Is that against the protocol? In that case happy to start another or as you said a NEW thread.
This forum used to be a valuable resource for very useful information. So visit here once in a while even after it went defunct for a few years/ months a few years ago.
Since it restarted not sure how and what has changed.
e.g. What is the level of expertise of a Diamond member like you and what does it mean? What makes you think a thread is being hijacked? No offense intended but asking because of the comments which do not address the question that is actually asked and unfounded.
Anyway apologise if something was misconstrued. Thanks agains for being volunteers (?) in disseminating helpful information but no thanks for pointless assertions

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am

Curious2012 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:34 am
What am I missing here?
The query I had was related to the questions raised here, so added it here. Is that against the protocol? In that case happy to start another or as you said a NEW thread.
This forum used to be a valuable resource for very useful information. So visit here once in a while even after it went defunct for a few years/ months a few years ago.
e.g. What is the level of expertise of a Diamond member like you and what does it mean? What makes you think a thread is being hijacked? No offense intended but asking because of the comments which do not address the question that is actually asked and unfounded.
Anyway apologise if something was misconstrued. Thanks agains for being volunteers (?) in disseminating helpful information but no thanks for pointless assertions
Retract and please ignore. I will ask in a new thread about the moot point of what could be done to expedite the BRP card, if anything at all. There seems to conflicting information about possibilities

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 26, 2023 11:49 am

Curious2012 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:34 am
What am I missing here?
No offense taking. Since you've been here in and out for over a decade, great. If and when an OP asks a question, it's because the OP needs answers to their particular issues.
Others asking question on that post takes the conversation to a different place.

How does documents needed for naturalisation posted by the OP relate to you and your BRP fast track for travel? :?:

OP got what was needed a month ago. Open and close.

Not sure anyone here is an immigration lawyer, but we're able to pass on wealth of experience from various sources, and it's helped a lot of people.

Personally, I love travelling as a hobby. I love knowing how other countries operate, immigration-wise. I ask questions. I explore what other passports look like, luckily I have friends of various nationalities. What I have learnt in almost 25 years of crossing various borders on my own, allows me to pass it on to others. I'm happy when it works.

Not sure what the diamond member is myself, but I hope that my CV puts a smile on your face.

So please ask your own questions in your own thread. If anyone knows the answers to your questions, you would get a response. If not, it would pend a little.