ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child maintenance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

susierolaleverton
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child maintenance

Post by susierolaleverton » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:04 pm

Hello,
My husband has 2 children from previous relationship,we are married and has 1 son,since they split up he don’t see his children and the ex partner don’t want to let them see them,my question is: He doesn’t send any child maintenance to his children because he don’t have any contact,I am goin too apply for ILR by November this year,does it affect my application if they don’t see any child maintenance in my husband financial status?I am working partime and I don’t earn much my husband is earning more,should it will still be my husband as my sponsor?as far as we know the financial requirements is still £18,600 I think.thank you so much.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child maintenance

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:17 pm

Hello,

Not paying child maintenance is one of the reasons that can send a parent to prison including in the UK. He needs to sort this out. Just stopping the payments is not an option.

As for your application, the Home Office is not going to check your accounts to see what you should have paid and you are not paying.

They need to see the account to validate the revenue they want is there. They won't go back to him and ask why he is not paying such and such as they don't see that money leaving the account.