ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Used the wrong referee, can I re-submit?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slickwithtricks
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation application - Previous 5 years address dates

Post by slickwithtricks » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:03 pm

I have applied for naturalisation as a spouse of a British Citizen. I have lived in my current address for 4 years. A year prior, I lived in 3 different addresses. These addresses were all listed within the application in the relevant field where they ask for address history for the past 5 years had you not lived in your current address for the same period.

The part that is causing me some post application anxiety is that I do not know what the exact move in/out dates were for these address changes. So I inputted the months instead. So for example, for one address I listed it as 1st of July 2018 to 1st of October 2018 as I could only recall the month in which I moved in and out.

Will this have a detrimental impact on my application?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application - Previous 5 years address dates

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:19 pm

No issue. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

slickwithtricks
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application - Previous 5 years address dates

Post by slickwithtricks » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:13 pm

Story of my life really 😅

slickwithtricks
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Used the wrong referee, can I re-submit?

Post by slickwithtricks » Mon May 01, 2023 2:41 am

I have applied for naturalisation. Payment and supporting documents all submitted couple of days ago.

Upon completing the referee form, my friend who told me she was a teacher turns out to be a “cover supervisor”. In her defence, when it came to filling out the references she told me she was a cover supervisor. At the time I thought, hey, its probably just internal jargon for a supply teacher of some sort. But it transpires that a cover supervisor isn’t really a qualified teacher and I listed her as being a teacher on the application form, as that is what she told me in the past, and I asked her if I could classify her as a bonafide teacher for the purpose of my application and she said yes I could. So that is what I listed her as. It was just a total miscommunication/misunderstanding.

Now, my question is, is there any way I can re-send one of the referee forms to UKVI after my application has been submitted? Or shall I wait for them to contact me and ask me for an alternative referee, which will probably put me at the back of the queue for processing? Ultimately me having to probably wait a couple of years for them to even start having a look at it. Its such a disaster because the rest of the application is so straight forward.

slickwithtricks
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Used the wrong referee, can I re-submit?

Post by slickwithtricks » Mon May 01, 2023 10:25 am

Whoever links the posts up together with previous ones I have made and amalgamates them into one, can you stop doing that please?

The structure of the post gets ruined as the title does not match the first question that is displayed. Furthermore, it shows CR001 has already answered so nobody really tries bothering to answer something that has already been dealt with by the above moderator.

The reason I posted a different topic was because exactly that, it’s a different topic. I’m not going around asking about every nook & cranny of my application. These two things were the only genuine concerns I had and now whoever links these posts up is stopping me from getting an answer efficiently.

What purpose does it serve linking them up together?

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Re: Used the wrong referee, can I re-submit?

Post by garrick » Mon May 01, 2023 10:32 am

I agree with your concerns slickwithtricks. Some moderators here just dont understand our pain and take actions as per their wish.They are not even open to take feedback !!