ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:03 pm

EBS wrote:
TRV wrote:they won't think that far ahead..they think about the money that they want to make it now..

I applied in march 2006, no decision yet, but they are now processing from july 2006, processing means that they cleared up the dust from your applicaton, but just not read it yet, they never use word completion, they only know the word start processing....

Welcome to Ireland...
I have applied in March 06 too, rang them last week, they said that they are waiting for Clearance letter from Garda, how long this might take - they dont have any control over....
I wonder how come some people who applied in 2007 are getting approval ? This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!
hi EBS

have you heard from INIS again after they told you they are waiting for Garda clearance? did they ask you for additional docs yet like many people in this forum.

i phoned them on thursday. the lady told me over the phone that they are waiting for Garda clearance for my application, if i am clear from the Garda clearance report, my application should be going to the minister's office next, but she never said if i have to submit any additional documents. does it mean all they want for my application for now just Garda clearance report? anyone knows anything about Garda clearance report?????

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:10 pm

This is from the Garda website:

Police Certificates are issued only for the attention of Consular Authorities and for Foreign Adoptions Boards. They are not issued for employment or any other purpose. They can however be issued when being used for the purposes of establishing, or registering, a business in another EU Member State.

Where to apply:-

Persons resident in the Republic of Ireland - apply to your local Garda Station
Persons resident outside of Ireland - apply in writing (by post) to the Superintendent in charge of the District covering the area of your principal place of residence while living in the Republic of Ireland.
Details to be supplied:

Full name as on birth certificate (including maiden/married name if applicable)

Date and place of birth (or copy of birth certificate)

Current address

All addresses at which you resided in Republic of Ireland

Purpose (i.e. Embassy) for which Certificate is required

Stamped, self addressed envelope if applying to local Garda Station

There is no fee for the issue of a Police Certificate
Issue of a Police Certificates can take up to 4 weeks depending on the particular application

I think it will be 4-6 weeks for Garda clearance.

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:56 pm

hi EBS

have you heard from INIS again after they told you they are waiting for Garda clearance? did they ask you for additional docs yet like many people in this forum.

i phoned them on thursday. the lady told me over the phone that they are waiting for Garda clearance for my application, if i am clear from the Garda clearance report, my application should be going to the minister's office next, but she never said if i have to submit any additional documents. does it mean all they want for my application for now just Garda clearance report? anyone knows anything about Garda clearance report?????[/quote]

Hi, no I have not, rang them last week, they said - still waiting for Garda Report, it might take up to 6 mths. I have submitted all requested Docs at the end of Sept. They are clearing all 2007 now, separately to 2005-2006

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:58 pm

mktsoi wrote:
EBS wrote:
TRV wrote:they won't think that far ahead..they think about the money that they want to make it now..

I applied in march 2006, no decision yet, but they are now processing from july 2006, processing means that they cleared up the dust from your applicaton, but just not read it yet, they never use word completion, they only know the word start processing....

Welcome to Ireland...
I have applied in March 06 too, rang them last week, they said that they are waiting for Clearance letter from Garda, how long this might take - they dont have any control over....
I wonder how come some people who applied in 2007 are getting approval ? This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!
hi EBS

i phoned them on thursday. the lady told me over the phone that they are waiting for Garda clearance for my application, if i am clear from the Garda clearance report, my application should be going to the minister's office next, but she never said if i have to submit any additional documents. does it mean all they want for my application for now just Garda clearance report? anyone knows anything about Garda clearance report?????

MKTSOI, When did you apply?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 pm

EBS wrote:
mktsoi wrote:
EBS wrote:

Welcome to Ireland...
hi EBS

MKTSOI, When did you apply?
i applied in May 2007

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:02 pm

EBS wrote:hi EBS

hi, no, i mean did they tell u they are waiting for the garda report before you submitted all the additional docs or after. because i have been told by immigrant council that i shouldnt have to submit any additional docs. the garda clearance report is the only thing that they need.

Hi, no I have not, rang them last week, they said - still waiting for Garda Report, it might take up to 6 mths. I have submitted all requested Docs at the end of Sept. They are clearing all 2007 now, separately to 2005-2006[/quote]

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:00 am

Dublin1 wrote:good news, keeping the presure on them, for sure will lead to faster process.
Yes, it looks like they're getting a lot of pressure from the TDs. Here's another parliamentary question from 3rd December:
178. Deputy Denis Naughten asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his plans to address the backlog in relation to applications for naturalisation; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44110/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): The Deputy will appreciate that the granting of Irish Citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and an honour and not an entitlement. Applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria. The procedures involved in the processing of applications have been developed and refined over a number of years and I am satisfied that they are absolutely necessary to maintain the good reputation of our citizens and integrity of the naturalisation process. Consequently, there is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved.

Following the recent decentralisation of the Citizenship Section to Tipperary Town, substantial additional resources have been made available to the section in order to reduce backlogs and provide a better quality service to all applicants. This has had a positive impact on processing times with the average time to decision for applications for certificates of naturalisation now 23 months. It is expected that this will progressively improve over the coming year.
Source: http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 2952#N2952

It's still the same old standard reply. But the bottom line is that the DOJ is indeed getting pressure.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:57 am

So now at the website , they are not telling us what month they are working at. I am sure people who are waiting to be asked for additionla stuff, wouldn't be pleased.

jackab2
Newly Registered

More staff ???????

Post by jackab2 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm

:evil: Check out the independent news. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king38.htm

Now just think if they would allocate this amount of staff to the naturalization process.
Shit the backlog would be cleared in three months..

:lol:

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Hello All
Just back from making my declaration in District Court in Cork. All you have to do is arrive at 10.00 on any Monday and ask the enquiries desk to put your name on the list. Wait half an hour and make the declaration in court. All done by 11.00.

By the way I applied in June 2006 on the basis of five years residency. Received approval on 18 November but was away and only attended court today. No request for additional documentation but I had sent in P21 Statements as I received them.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:39 am

Lost Soul wrote:Hello All
Just back from making my declaration in District Court in Cork. All you have to do is arrive at 10.00 on any Monday and ask the enquiries desk to put your name on the list. Wait half an hour and make the declaration in court. All done by 11.00.

By the way I applied in June 2006 on the basis of five years residency. Received approval on 18 November but was away and only attended court today. No request for additional documentation but I had sent in P21 Statements as I received them.
yep, any monday 10am. here is the question then. like some of the people mentioned in this post before. you have to be living in the area before they let you make the declaration. do i have to live in Cork in order to do it or i can just fly in from Dublin. do it and leave?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:27 am

mktsoi wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:Hello All

yep, any monday 10am. here is the question then. like some of the people mentioned in this post before. you have to be living in the area before they let you make the declaration. do i have to live in Cork in order to do it or i can just fly in from Dublin. do it and leave?
You MUST be a resident of the court area. 110% certain. Also don't ring the court and try. They get annoyed :!: :!:

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:18 am

I know for sure that district courts in Donegal, Athlone and Dundalk do accommodate non-local residents for declaration of oath..There are several other district courts who will not accommodate non-locals.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 am

Hello

I regret to say that the judge did state that only Cork residents could make the declaration in his court in Cork.

The clerk also requires that you fill in your name and address before making the declaration. Presumably she also checks.

Why not try just turning up in Dublin at 10am. If you phone first you give them the opportunity to defer. It only takes about 30 seconds and they may let you in if you're already standing there.

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 pm

I applied in Aug-2006
received letter in Sep-2006 that my application is in queue
asked for documents in Oct-2008 (p21, 3 months salary slip & bank statments)
Talked on citizenship number, today. they told my application is sent to minister's office last week.
Is that mean all formalities are done and ministers decision is only step left on application approval

Regards

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 am

They told me the same thing and I received approval a few weeks later.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 am

ib_dublin wrote:I applied in Aug-2006
Talked on citizenship number, today. they told my application is sent to minister's office last week.
Is that mean all formalities are done and ministers decision is only step left on application approval

Regards
yes, so most likely u will her from thier side soon.
As far I understand they send our application patches. So not sure if u missed the Dec. one, then it will be Jan or Feb.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:55 am

Lost Soul wrote:They told me the same thing and I received approval a few weeks later.
Do you remember the timelines in when you sent the additional docs and got the approval? Did you applied originally in Aug 06 as well on the basis of 5 yr work (no irish connections - spouse, grand dad) ??

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:35 am

Dublin1 wrote:

Regards
As far I understand they send our application patches. So not sure if u missed the Dec. one, then it will be Jan or Feb.
Forgot to add that they told me, any decision will be on jan-09 most probably

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 am

ib_dublin wrote:
Dublin1 wrote:

Regards
Forgot to add that they told me, any decision will be on jan-09 most probably
That make sense so they send the application only once a month to the minster approval.

nettan
Newly Registered

Need your advice

Post by nettan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2005 but my application was returned on 29/11/2005 because i was few months short of the 5yrs residency requirement. In the letter, i was told to re-apply when i fulfill the 5yrs requirement. I re applied in April 2006 when i clocked 5yrs and the DoJ acknoledge the receipt of the application but the old 68/..../05 was retained (Please note that i was told on the phone to send the forms that was filled ealier on with all the documents + a cover letter explaining my situation when re-applying. and i did so accordingly). I called in Dec 2007 for update and was told that a decision will be made in couple of months..i later called Nov 2008 for update only to be told that my application was returned to me way back in Dec 2005 and i have no application pending. tried calling on 2 other occasions to explain my situation but was told that i have to re-apply all over again. I find this very unfair and frustrating and urgently need advice from people with similar case before taking any step.. Should i re-apply or write them a letter through my lawyer explaining my situation all over again. I think it is absolutely unfair to go back to the bottom of the ladder after waiting for 31 months already.. your advice would be well appreciated. If you know of any good immigration laywer please note hesitate to indicate

LuasPassenger

Re: Need your advice

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 pm

nettan wrote:I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2005 but my application was returned on 29/11/2005 because i was few months short of the 5yrs residency requirement. In the letter, i was told to re-apply when i fulfill the 5yrs requirement. I re applied in April 2006 when i clocked 5yrs and the DoJ acknoledge the receipt of the application but the old 68/..../05 was retained (Please note that i was told on the phone to send the forms that was filled ealier on with all the documents + a cover letter explaining my situation when re-applying. and i did so accordingly). I called in Dec 2007 for update and was told that a decision will be made in couple of months..i later called Nov 2008 for update only to be told that my application was returned to me way back in Dec 2005 and i have no application pending. tried calling on 2 other occasions to explain my situation but was told that i have to re-apply all over again. I find this very unfair and frustrating and urgently need advice from people with similar case before taking any step.. Should i re-apply or write them a letter through my lawyer explaining my situation all over again. I think it is absolutely unfair to go back to the bottom of the ladder after waiting for 31 months already.. your advice would be well appreciated. If you know of any good immigration laywer please note hesitate to indicate
This is an awful situation! I'm sorry for you. If I were in your situation, what I would do first is to write to INIS. Send them copies of all the letters they sent you. (I assume you still have the acknowlegement letter you got from them when you applied in April 2006). And explain the whole situation in your cover letter. Keep a copy of everything you send to INIS. They're much better in replying when you write to them than when you ring them.

If this doesn't work, I would try other possibilities (like using a migrant organisation support, a solicitor or sending letters to your local TD). But first, try solving the situation with INIS first in WRITING.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 pm

ib_dublin wrote: Forgot to add that they told me, any decision will be on jan-09 most probably
Hi! I think it is a very good news for you!

I know for sure that what they send to the minister are "Recommendations" with list of people below and a field for the Minister to sign.
For example "Assistant Secretary General recommends the following applicants for approval... Bla-bla-bla... Checks have been performed, etc, etc." Or "Assistant Secretary General recommends the following applicants for refusal. These people: accessed public funds (had criminal convictions), etc, etc, etc" The Minister just signs the whole thing.

It is possible (I'm not so sure here) that as the Department receives responses for external checks and other docs, they just tick all the necessary boxes and change file status to something like "Submitted to the Minister for decision". Once in a while a report is pulled from these files, sorted as "approve"/"reject" with reasons and submitted to the Minister. Could be once a month or twice or whatever:-)

I too was asked for same docs in October (20th). When in October did they ask you for docs?

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Also I am noticing that no one in the forum got any letters on Dec. (un like Nov.) so far confirming citizenship approval, so it seems the month of Dec. is slow one at INIS office.

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
alica wrote:some more info:
friend of mine:
applied - APR 2007 (irish spouse)
request for update - MAY 2007
approval-AUG 2008 :D

another friend of mine ( 5 years residency-work permits)
applied-NOV 2006
NO request for update
approval - OCT 2008 :D

another friend:
applied MAY 2005
present-NO requests for updates, no approval... :(

there is another one person:
applied FEB 2007 ( after 5 years residency-work permits)
request for update- MAY 2008
received approval - NOV 2008 :D

I applied FEB 2007 - documents were rejected
applied second time- MAR 2007
request for update - JUN 2008
confirmation that received update- JUL 2008
present-still waiting.... :(

update:
I've got approval today!
:D
good luck to everyone!!!