ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by marcidevpal » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Who watches the watchers?

HOT OFF THE PRESS!

A committee of MPs will investigate the work of the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal which hear cases about the rights of people to enter or remain in the UK

The Committee will take evidence from lawyers and judges working in the two tribunals.

THEY SHOULD TALK TO ZAMBRANO CARERS!

The session will look at the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) and the higher body which hears appeals against rulings made by the First-tier Tribunal, the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber).

The Committee will take evidence from lawyers and judges working in the two tribunals.

"Witnesses" :? :cry:

Panel 1, 2.30pm

Zoe Bantleman, Legal Director, Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association
Rowena Moffatt, Public Law Practitioner, Doughty Street Chambers

Panel 2, starting c. 3.30pm

The Rt Hon Sir Keith Lindblom, Senior President of Tribunals
Judge Melanie Plimmer, Chamber President of the First-tier Tribunal, Immigration and Asylum Chamber
Justice Ian Dove, Chamber President of the Upper Tribunal, Immigration and Asylum Chamber

https://committees.parliament.uk/commit ... tribunals/

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:58 pm

Justice Committee - Commons Select Committee

The Justice Committee examines the policies and spending of the Ministry of Justice (and associated public bodies). This includes courts, legal aid, prisons, probation and the rule of law.

Members
  • Sir Robert Neill MP, Conservative, Bromley and Chislehurst Chair Commons
  • Tahir Ali MP, Labour, Birmingham, Hall Green Commons
  • Rob Butler MP, Conservative, Aylesbury Commons
  • Janet Daby MP, Labour, Lewisham East Commons
  • James Daly MP, Conservative, Bury North Commons
  • Rt Hon Maria Eagle MP, Labour,Garston and Halewood Commons
  • Paul Maynard MP, Conservative, Blackpool North and Cleveleys Commons
  • Stuart C McDonald MP, Scottish National Party, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East Commons
  • Dr Kieran Mullan MP, Conservative, Crewe and Nantwich Commons
  • Edward Timpson KC MP, Conservative, Eddisbury Commons
  • Karl Turner MP, Labour
Is you MP in the above list? If so, perhaps you may want to write them and explain your experience.

For example, did your judge refuse to consider your human rights? Did the judge refuse to consider the case of Ms E.K? The ECJ case of Ms E.K. is one where the ECJ said Zambrano carers should get permanent residence after five years.

If your MP is not on the list, you can write to them anyway. Perhaps they will share your experience with the Committee on your behalf.

https://committees.parliament.uk/commit ... embership/

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:09 pm

Errors of Law - Appeals to Upper Tribunal (Repost)

If you lose at the First-tier Tribunal and want to appeal to the Upper Tribunal, you have to say what the First-tier Tribunal judge did wrong. It is called an "error of law". Below is a list of possible errors of law that you can use in your appeal to the Upper Tribunal. The Upper Tribunal judges want to know if a First-tier Tribunal judge
  • ignores relevant factors
  • takes into account irrelevant factors
  • fails to direct itself properly in law (ie failure to follow the statute or the case law that has interpreted how the law should be applied)
  • reverses the burden of proof or imposes too high a burden of proof
  • fails to give the applicant the benefit of the doubt (where there is a doubt)
  • fails to make findings of fact
  • fails to give adequate reasons for its decision
  • fails to follow the statutory review procedure
  • reaches a decision totally at variance with the facts or for which there is no factual basis
  • fails to act in accordance with the objects and principles of the relevant Act
  • fetters its discretion (often referred to as operating blanket policies)
  • goes back on a legitimate expectation
  • acts dishonestly or in bad faith (this is normally very difficult to prove)
  • comes to a decision which is so unreasonable that no reasonable authority could have come to it

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:18 pm

Wednesday's Vote & ECHR

The UK could be kicked out of the Council of Europe, and thus leave the ECtHR and ECHR. Members of the Council of Europe must agree to follow the rules of the Council of Europe. One of the rules is that members must agree to follow decisions by the European Court on Human Rights (ECtHR). The UK wants to break the rules by ignoring decisions by ECtHR (also known as the Strasbourg Court). If the UK breaks the rules by ignoring the Strasbourg Court, the UK may have to leave the Council of Europe.

On Wednesday, it seems the Members of Parliament will vote to decide if the Home Office can ignore the European Court of Human Rights. The ECtHR creates rule 39 injunctions. The injunction can stop the UK from doing something, such as to deport asylum seekers to Rwanda.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:13 pm

The Home Office suffers defeat! :P :lol: :!:

People on pre-settled status could have lost their right to residence if they did not put in the extension application within five years.

In his ruling, Mr Justice Lane said that, if the Home Office's interpretation of the law was correct, "a very large number of people face the most serious uncertainty", including possible deportation.

Mr Justice Lane said there is no evidence the Withdrawal Agreement requires people with pre-settled status to make a second application for residence status:
the WA means that the rights conferred by the grant of new residence status under Article 18 to those who do not, at that point, have a right of permanent residence, includes the right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom, pursuant to Article 15, once the five-year period has been satisfied (subject to the conditions mentioned in Article 15(1)).

I reach this conclusion by reference to Article 31 of the Vienna Convention. I do not do so by importing any free-standing principles of EU free movement law because, so far as this country is concerned, there are no such free-standing principles. I confirm that there is no need for a reference to the CJEU. The matter is acte clair.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm

Article 31 of the Vienna Convention

If you are about to
  • submit an appeal, or
  • an appeal for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal, or
  • attend a hearing,
you may want to add the Article 31 argument.
Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties 1969
Part III.Observance, Application & Interpretation of Treaties
Section 3. Interpretation of Treaties
Article 31. General rule of interpretation
1.A treaty shall be interpreted in good faith in accordance with the ordinary meaning to be given to the terms of the treaty in their context and in the light of its object and purpose.

2.The context for the purpose of the interpretation of a treaty shall comprise, in addition to the text, including its preamble and annexes:
(a) any agreement relating to the treaty which was made between all the parties in connection with the conclusion of the treaty;
(b) any instrument which was made by one or more parties in connection with the conclusion of the treaty and accepted by the other parties as an instrument related to the treaty.

3.There shall be taken into account, together with the context:
(a) any subsequent agreement between the parties regarding the interpretation of the treaty or the application of its provisions;
(b) any subsequent practice in the application of the treaty which establishes the agreement of the parties regarding its interpretation;
(c) any relevant rules of international law applicable in the relations between the parties.

4.A special meaning shall be given to a term if it is established that the parties so intended.

You can argue many points about Article 31 of the Vienna Convention. Here are four:

One, the original intent was to implement general principles of EU law, include a respect for human rights.

Two, although UK based Zambrano carers are not covered, they are covered indirectly because the Home Office added them to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Three, since the scheme opened, new case law shows Zambrano carers who achieved five years residence should have been granted permanent residence (the case of Ms E.K).

Four, the Home Office promised to give 'Zambrano carers' residence in the years prior to the start of the EUSS. They did not say, only Zambrano carers who did not have leave to remain under Appendix FM. They could have said that, but they did not. Had they said so, Zambrano carers would not have applied for Appendix FM.

https://legal.un.org/ilc/texts/instrume ... 1_1969.pdf

krish147
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish147 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:18 am

Dear Marcidevpal
My wife & Me Granted following visa based on 7years child rule.
30months visa – Limited leave on partner route under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.2 of appendix FM.
My both children have received British passports on 27/01/2020.
Based on my children British passports, EUSS Zambrano paper applications were submitted on 29/06/2021. With in time of EUSS Settlement applications deadline and before my visa expired.
On 04/09/2022 my Euss settlement application was refused- Refusal Reason I am not eligible as a Zambrano carer.
On 26/09/2022 Administrative review application was submitted and still waiting for the decision.
My visa was expired on 14/11/2021.
Present Status is: Certificate of Application

Now my partner & me has decided that to submit Parent route visa application in June 2023 or earlier.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

I think I am eligible for parent route visa as per above visa link information.
Would you please suggest me that, what sort of queries will be raised by home office to refuse my parent visa application?
Any other suggestions from members also much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:45 pm

krish147 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:18 am
Hello Krish,

Did you become a Zambrano carer in January 2020?

In which month and year were you granted leave to remain under Appendix FM?

If you were granted leave to remain under Appendix FM before you became a Zambrano carer, some judges may say you were never a Zambrano carer. Other judges may think differently.

It seems at the time you applied for settlement under Appendix EU (the EUSS), you had leave to remain under Appendix FM.

The Home Office says that anyone who had valid leave to remain under Appendix FM at the time they make an application under Appendix EU, will be refused. I find it very interesting that they have not decided your Administrative Review.

Why do you want to change to the Parent route? Why don't you and your wife wait for your decision?

If you are refused you can decide what to do then.

krish147
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish147 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:14 pm

Hi Marcidevpal
Thanks for the message.

In which month and year were you granted leave to remain under Appendix FM?

We were granted leave to remain in June 2019.
I would like to wait for Home office response on my administrative review.
But, I almost lost my hope on zambrano application after I found that success rate is less than 5%.

Also I need to apply for fee waiver which I need at least 3 weeks time. If Administrative review is unsuccessful I will not have enough time to apply for fee waiver. Where home office may give us less than a month time to submit parent route application.

I can't able to deal with tribunals to get my visa. I can't able to pay solicitor fees as well.
My mental strength is not good enough deal with visa issues when things get more complicated.

Regards
Krish

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 8:43 am

krish147 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:14 pm
We were granted leave to remain in June 2019.
I don't understand how you were granted leave to remain in 2019 as the parent of a British child. I thought your children became British in 2020?

When did the Home Office first recognize your children as British? You could argue on that date, you became a Zambrano carer.

The vast majority of administrative review appeals are refused. Your chance of success is very low.

You can start the appeal process now. You do not have to wait for the administrative review to finish.

If you find appeals exhausting or stressful, you can do the entire process on the papers.. You don't have to go before a judge.

Option One
You could appeal to the First-tier Tribunal - on the papers as a litigant in person. You can apply for a fee waiver. It is a fast process, compared to the Home Office.

Option Two
There are a number of immigration solicitors who help people who qualify for legal aid. You just need to find one.

As long as you have an application before the Court, your status in the UK remains unchanged.

I think you can do it. Everyone here on the forum can help you. It is your decision, though. I think you are making decisions without a full understanding of the facts and your options.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 9:19 am

First-tier Tribunal Fees

Most appeals in the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) have a fee. The amount you pay depends on how you would like your appeal to be decided:
  • £80 without a hearing
  • £140 with a hearing
Without a hearing means judge decides your appeal on the information and evidence you send to the tribunal.

With a hearing means a judge decides your appeal at a hearing that you can attend.

You can apply for help with fees online. You will be given help with fees reference number, which you will need for your online appeal application.

If you cannot use the online service, you can complete a paper help with fees form and include this when you send your paper appeal application.

Eligibility for Legal Aid

Your Savings
You usually need to have less than £3,000 in savings and investments if you’re under 61. You can have up to £16,000 in savings if your fee is between £1,000 and £10,000, or if you or your partner are 61 and over.

Your Income
If you’re not on any of those benefits, you usually need to earn £1,170 or less a month before tax if you’re single. Or £1,345 or less a month if you have a partner. You can earn an extra £265 on top of that for each child you have.

Your Benefits
You need to be on a low income, or on one of the following benefits:
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Income Support
Universal Credit (and you earn less than £6,000 a year)
Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-help-to ... appeal-fee
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bunal-fees

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 9:21 am

Documents for your appeal to the First-tier Tribunal

1.) Create a witness statement
2.) Create a skeleton argument
3.) Get copies of the case law or regulations.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 9:26 am

In person via paper appeals?

You may want to go in person if
  • the Home Office says you are not a part of your child's life, or suggests you are a bad parent, or
  • you have a solicitor and barrister to be there with you, or
  • you have a direct access barrister to be there with you, or
  • you just really want to.
You may want to ask for a decision on the papers if
  • everyone agrees you are the parent to your child and
  • you have high anxiety
  • you are not confident in your English language skills
  • you don't want to take a lot of notes on what the judge said (in case you need to appeal)
  • you don't want to take the risk of a judge being rude to you
  • you don't want the pressure of having to battle the Home Office's barrister
  • you want to keep your fees low and don't qualify for legal aid, or can't find a solicitor or barrister

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 9:35 am

The Case Summary

The very first thing you should do, in my opinion, is create a case summary. This step is very helpful whether you are a litigant in person or you plan to hire a lawyer. The case summary should answer basic questions such as:
  • On what date did you enter the UK?
  • What was your visa status when you entered?
  • On what date(s) was/were your child(ren) born?
  • On what date(s) did they become British citizens?
  • What was your visa status on the date your children became British citizens?
  • Did you apply for a derivative residence card? If so, when? Were you successful? If so, when was it granted?
  • Did you apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM? If so, when? Were you successful? If so, when was it granted?
Many people are uncomfortable answering these questions. You are likely to annoy the judge if you aren't straight with them. It just wastes everyone's time.

Based on the answers to the above questions, the judge and your potential solicitor or barrister can reach a preliminary decision. They must believe there is at least some chance you are eligible for settlement under EUSS.

The next step is to look at your situation more closely. Do no underestimate the importance of the case summary. I strongly encourage you to make sure you answer the questions.

(Also, if you have a question for me, I can't really tell you much unless I understand your case summary, too.)

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 9:45 am

What to do if the First-tier Tribunal Judge says "No."

You could should read the refusal letter carefully. Maybe they are right.

If you believe the Judge is wrong, you should look at the list of "errors of law."

Make a list of all the things the First-tier Tribunal judge got wrong.

For each error, write a few sentences explaining how the judge made that error.

Next, request permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. Another First-tier Tribunal judge will consider your request. They will look at the errors of law you pointed out.

If the second First-tier Tribunal judge says no to your request for permission, try to understand why. If you agree with their reasoning, you may want to stop there.

If you disagree with the second First-tier Tribunal judge, ask the Upper Tribunal for permission to appeal.

You now have a second chance to request permission to appeal. Look at the errors of law you talked about in your first request for permission. Perhaps you need to rewrite them to be more clear? Perhaps you can add more errors of law?

Send the second request for permission to the Upper Tribunal. A UT judge will look at your errors of law and decide.

All this can be done on the papers. If you have high anxiety, you may want to do this on the papers.

If you are waiting for the First-tier Tribunal judge to decide your appeal, you may want to start reviewing the list of errors of law. I believe you only have two weeks to request permission to appeal.

[Correction: An earlier post says In person via paper appeals. It should say, "in person versus paper appeals."]

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 10:40 am

Errors of Law - Examples

SECTION A

First-tier Tribunal Judge ABC committed errors of law. She failed to:
  • Acknowledge the fact that the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal recognized the appellant is a Zambrano carer under Union law in 2019.
  • Recognise the only reason the appellant applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM was because the EU Settlement Scheme had not opened, and it was unclear whether or not the appellant would qualify.
  • Accept the fact that the appellant had been resident in the UK as a Zambrano carer for five years prior to the transition date. The case of E.K. v Netherlands establishes the right of Zambrano carers to achieve permanent residence after five years. Under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, judges should have due regard for case law passed after Brexit.
  • Allow the appellant's arguments about the way in which the SSHD misdirected herself by advertising the scheme as open to “Zambrano carers” for years without informing the public that she intended to exclude people who applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM.
  • Address the appellant’s arguments about the discriminatory nature of the domestic provisions, particularly in light of the statistics which show 90 percent of applicants were refused.
  • Give due consideration to the points made regarding the Human Rights Act or the European Convention on Human Rights.
SECTION B

(In this area, quote sentences from the First-tier Judge's refusal letter. Explain how each sentence is wrong.)

1.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC writes,
insert the judge's sentence here
The judge failed to consider the paragraph [insert number here] of the Withdrawal Agreement (WA) which states,
insert quote from the Withdrawal Agreement here
2.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC concludes,
insert the judge's sentences here
The judge did to recognise paragraph [insert number here] of the Political Declaration (PD) which states,
insert quote from the Political Declaration here
3.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC reasons,
The judge also did not take note of paragraph [insert number here] of the case of Ms E.K versus the Netherlands, in which the European Court of Justice (CJEU or ECJ) ruled the following:
insert quote from the ECJ case law on Ms E.K. here
4.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC writes,
The judge also did not consider paragraph [insert number here] of the case of [insert case here], in which the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) ruled the following:
insert quote from the ECtHR case law here
5.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC says,
The judge also did not appreciate paragraph [insert number here] of the case of [insert case here], in which the UK Court of Appeal (CA) ruled the following:
insert quote from the Court of Appeal case law here
6.) At paragraph [insert number here], FtT Judge ABC concludes,
The judge also did not account for paragraph [insert number here] of the case of [insert case here], in which the Upper Tribunal (UT) ruled the following:
insert quote from the Upper Tribunal case law here
Conclusion

Accordingly, the appellant's request for permission should be granted.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 11:04 am

Points of law and Errors of Law

I said earlier you need to create two documents - your witness statement and your skeleton argument.

When you combine those two documents with pdf versions of the case law and the regulations, you have a bundle.

Your witness statement answers the questions - Who are you and why did you make the decisions you made?

Your skeleton argument raises points of law. You want to raise as many relevant points of law as possible.

Let's say the First-tier Tribunal judge refuses your appeal. You realize that the judge did not address or talk about all of the points of law in your skeleton argument. You then have examples for your application for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Example
Let's say I argue I should be granted settlement under EUSS or Appendix EU due to human rights. I talk about Dereci and the Celik case, and the Political Declaration. I even talk about the Withdrawal Agreement.

The First-tier Tribunal judge doesn't recognize my argument. He just ignores it.

I can then make an application for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. I can say that the judge made an error of law by not considering all relevant factors. I can also say the judge gave too much credit to factors that were not relevant.

Had I not made the argument about human rights, I would not be able to say the judge made an error of law.

That is why it is so important you take time on your skeleton argument. Make as many points as possible. Don't be afraid that the point is silly or may upset the judge. And, good luck!

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 11:20 am

Your privacy matters - Dates

Maybe you don't want to post your story because you are afraid of who may be watching this thread? :shock:

It is very important to answer the questions listed above in the Case Summary post.

But remember: You don't always have to post your exact timeline. Say this: May 2015. Not this: 12 May 2015.

If your child was born in May 2012, just say they were born in 2012. It won't make a difference to the advice people give you.

The order of events is what matters most. Second, did you achieve five years residence before 31 December 2020? That matters, too.

So, you don't usually need to say the month or day online. If the month does matter, someone will ask you. For example, don't say.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 11:37 am

Appeals in a nutshell

1.) Go online to the First-tier Tribunal website.
https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-t ... hin-the-uk

2.) File the appeal. That means -
  • Write a few sentences about what went wrong.
  • Choose an in person hearing or a paper hearing.
  • Pay the fee or apply for a fee waiver.
3.) Prepare your bundle. Make sure you number each page! That means -

3a.)
  • Write a witness statement. It is usually around 1 to 2 pages. If the Home Office said things about you that are not true, mention the false statements. Explain to the judge why the Home Office is wrong. Remember to sign and date your witness statement.
3b.) Write a skeleton argument. That means -
  • 1.) Write a case summary
  • 2.) In two sentences, explain why you were refused.
  • 3.) In one paragraph, list all of the questions you would like the judge to answer
  • 4.) In no more than a page, list all of the regulations and case law you want the judge to be aware of
  • 4a.) Regulations include European Union Regulations, European Convention on Human Rights regulations, United Nations treaties and UK Regulations (Statutory Instruments)
  • 4b.) Case law includes case law from the ECJ or CJEU, ECtHR, UK Supreme Court, UK Court of Appeal and the Upper Tribunal.
  • 5.) Make your points of law. Back up your arguments with reference to the appropriate regulations and case law. (tell the judge which paragraph you are talking about).
  • 6.) Write your conclusion
3c.) Prepare your case law and legal framework. Search for the documents online. Download them to your computer. Put all of the files into a zip folder. Add it to your bundle as an Appendix.

4.) Then, send your bundle to the Court via email. Also make sure you send a copy to the Home Office. If you don't have the email address for the Home Office, tell the Court. Don't guess the correct email address. The Home Office is supposed to tell you. It is one of the rules of the Court. So, if the Home Office do not follow the rules, you need to tell the Court.

5.) Then, wait for the decision or your hearing date! If you are refused, decide if the judge made 'errors of law'. If so, request permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

krish147
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish147 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Dear Marcidevpal,
Lots of useful information. Best+Best help. Thank you.
Q:I don't understand how you were granted leave to remain in 2019 as the parent of a British child. I thought your children became British in 2020?
Ans: We did not have any visa status prior to June 2019. Based on children 7-year rule, my visa application was successful & H.O granted 30months visa – Limited leave on partner route under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.2 of appendix FM.
My Children “Certification of registration as British Citizen “were received in December 2019. From there onwards only my Zambrano carer period was started.

Q: When did the Home Office first recognize your children as British? You could argue on that date, you became a Zambrano carer.
Ans: December 2019.

Now onwards, I am going to work on below required documents & will request you to help with corrections & required changes.
1.) Create a witness statement
2.) Create a skeleton argument
3.) Get copies of the case law or regulations

The case summary should answer basic questions such as:

• On what date did you enter the UK?
Ans: Correct date is: December 2001- Few times visa approvals & some rejections, Many visa status Gaps. Long Battle. I am almost exhausted.
• What was your visa status when you entered?
• Ans: Work permit.
• On what date(s) was/were your child(ren) born?
• July 2010 and August 2014.
• On what date(s) did they become British citizens?
• Ans: December 2019. Both
• What was your visa status on the date your children became British citizens?
Ans: Limited leave on partner route under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.2 of appendix FM.
• Did you apply for a derivative residence card? If so, when? Were you successful? If so, when was it granted?
• Ans: Never Applied for it.
• Did you apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM? If so, when? Were you successful? If so, when was it granted?
Ans: NO

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Mon May 01, 2023 6:46 pm

krish147 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:47 pm
FURTHER QUESTIONS

I am still a bit confused about your immigration history
If you were born on or after 1 July 2006
You’re automatically a British citizen if, when you were born, one of your parents was a British citizen or settled in the UK.
  • Is your partner British? If your partner is British, her children are British.
  • Or, was your partner settled in the UK before she gave birth to either child?
  • When did you apply for the certificate of registration for your children?
  • Were your children born in the UK?
POINTS TO CONSIDER

1.) You may want to argue that your time as a Zambrano carer began earlier.

2.) You also may be eligible for permanent residence based on long residence....

3.) The Celik case is about human rights. You have a strong human rights argument for your EUSS appeal. If Celik wins, it should help you. The Celik appeal is in July at the Court of Appeal.

4.) Your case is interesting. There are some solicitors who would want to help you, as long as you qualify for legal aid. Once you get your story straight, you may want to send a few emails and see if anyone is interested.

DRAFT CASE SUMMARY

Here is what I mean by case summary for your skeleton argument. See how I number each paragraph? You need to number each paragraph in your skeleton argument to help the judge read it more easily. Each paragraph should make a different type of point.
CASE SUMMARY

1.The appellant is a citizen of Country A (I don't need to know) born on DD/MM/YYYY(I don't need to know). He entered the UK in December 2001 on a ?? month work permit. His partner is a citizen of ?. His first child was born in the UK ??? in July 2010. His second child was also born in the UK in August 2014.

2. In June 2019, he was granted leave to remain under Appendix FM on the Partner route. In December 2019, the respondent issued both children a certificate of registration of British citizenship.

krish147
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish147 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:29 am

Good Morning

• Is your partner British? If your partner is British, her children are British.
• ANS: No
• Or, was your partner settled in the UK before she gave birth to either child?
• Ans: No
• When did you apply for the certificate of registration for your children?
• Ans: November 2019
• Were your children born in the UK?
• Yes Both
Thank you for the Draft case summary.

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Tue May 02, 2023 10:06 am

Appendix FM - D-LTRPT.1.2 - Parent
krish147 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:18 am
Dear Marcidevpal
My wife & Me Granted following visa based on 7years child rule.
30months visa – Limited leave on partner route under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.2 of appendix FM.
Section D-LTRPT: Decision on application for limited leave to remain as a parent
D-LTRPT.1.2. If the applicant meets the requirements in
  • paragraph R-LTRPT.1.1.(a), (b) and (d) for limited leave to remain as a parent, or
  • paragraph GEN.3.2.(3) applies to an applicant for leave to remain as a parent,
the applicant will be granted leave to remain for a period not exceeding 30 months and subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds unless the decision-maker considers, with reference to paragraph GEN.1.11A., that the applicant should not be subject to such a condition, and they will be eligible to apply for settlement after a continuous period of at least 120 months in the UK with such leave, with limited leave to remain as a parent granted under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.1., or in the UK with leave to enter granted on the basis of entry clearance as a parent granted under paragraph D-ECPT.1.1. or D-ECPT.1.2.
1.) It seems you got limited leave to remain as a parent not as a partner

2.) It also seems you got D-LTRPT.1.2 either because you met the requirements of
  • R-LTRPT.1.1 or
  • GEN.3.2(3)?
Do you know which one you met? Or did you meet the requirements of both?

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Tue May 02, 2023 10:16 am

Appendix FM, R-LTRPT.1.1

Section R-LTRPT: Requirements for limited leave to remain as a parent. R-LTRPT.1.1. The requirements to be met for limited leave to remain as a parent are-

(a) the applicant and the child must be in the UK;
(b) the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a parent or partner; and either
(c)
  • (i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and
  • (ii) the applicant meets all of the requirements of Section ELTRPT: Eligibility for leave to remain as a parent,
or
(d)
  • (i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and
  • (ii) the applicant meets the requirements of paragraphs E-LTRPT.2.2-2.4. and E-LTRPT.3.1-3.2.; and
  • (iii) paragraph EX.1. applies.
Where an applicant meets the requirements for leave to remain as a parent of a child in the UK under paragraph R-LTRPT.1.1.(a), (b) and (c) or (d), the applicant will be granted leave to remain for a period not exceeding 30 months as a parent under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.1. or D-LTRPT.1.2. of Appendix FM.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

marcidevpal
BANNED
Mood:
Australia

Post by marcidevpal » Tue May 02, 2023 10:20 am

Appendix FM, GEN.3.2

GEN.3.2.(1) Subject to sub-paragraph (4), where an application for entry clearance or leave to enter or remain made under this Appendix, or an application for leave to remain which has otherwise been considered under this Appendix, does not otherwise meet the requirements of this Appendix or Part 9 of the Rules, the decision-maker must consider whether the circumstances in sub-paragraph (2) apply.

(2) Where sub-paragraph (1) above applies, the decision-maker must consider, on the basis of the information provided by the applicant, whether there are exceptional circumstances which would render refusal of entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, a breach of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, because such refusal would result in unjustifiably harsh consequences for the applicant, their partner, a relevant child or another family member whose Article 8 rights it is evident from that information would be affected by a decision to refuse the application.

(3) Where the exceptional circumstances referred to in sub-paragraph (2) above apply, the applicant will be granted entry clearance or leave to enter or remain under, as appropriate, paragraph D-ECP.1.2., D-LTRP.1.2., D-ECC.1.1., D-LTRC.1.1., D-ECPT.1.2., D-LTRPT.1.2., D-ECDR.1.1. or D-ECDR.1.2.

(4) This paragraph does not apply in the context of applications made under section BPILR or DVILR.