ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Post by dbld03 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:53 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:34 pm
It's also worth mentioning that the location is irrelevant when submitting the application online (or the ability to find the option for a faster decision time). It doesn't matter if the applicant is in London, Manchester or in a small village in the middle of nowhere.

The location can be relevant - to find the closest UKVCAS centre - when booking the biometrics appointment which is a different process.
Thanks, I tried everything including a different location. And indeed, it is the same tragic result...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SOS! Super Priority service disappeared from Home Office website. 5 days left on my visa!

Post by zimba » Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm

dbld03 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:53 pm
lolo2 wrote:
It's also worth mentioning that the location is irrelevant when submitting the application online (or the ability to find the option for a faster decision time). It doesn't matter if the applicant is in London, Manchester or in a small village in the middle of nowhere.

The location can be relevant - to find the closest UKVCAS centre - when booking the biometrics appointment which is a different process.
Thanks, I tried everything including a different location. And indeed, it is the same tragic result...
UKVI Visa processing service has nothing to do with the location to enrol your biometrics.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:06 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm
dbld03 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

UKVI Visa processing service has nothing to do with the location to enrol your biometrics.
This is exactly what lolo2 and myself posted isn't it...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 pm

dbld03 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:06 pm
zimba wrote:
dbld03 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

It is not what YOU posted. Your location is irrelevant so unsure what you mean by 'tried everything including a different location'. This has no relevance to submitted and paying for the online application.

If your visa expires today or tomorrow, I would strongly suggest you submit and pay before the expiry date passes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Wed May 03, 2023 9:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 pm
dbld03 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:06 pm
zimba wrote:
dbld03 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

It is not what YOU posted. Your location is irrelevant so unsure what you mean by 'tried everything including a different location'. This has no relevance to submitted and paying for the online application.

If your visa expires today or tomorrow, I would strongly suggest you submit and pay before the expiry date passes.
No need to debate on this too much but I posted that I tried a different location too and the result was the same (negative). Nevertheless, thanks for taking time time to respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 04, 2023 1:50 am

Have you applied now?

dbld03
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dbld03 » Thu May 04, 2023 1:53 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:50 am
Have you applied now?
No, still have 4 days left (made a lucky mistake thinking it was 5 days I had, but it was 9)

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Thu May 04, 2023 5:29 am

I had completed a SET (LR) application and kept checking for Super Priority option without success. I checked at different times including just after midnight when I was told that they normally release the slots.

I finally decided to submit the application using the standard service option. Looking at other people’s timeline on the forum it appears that some SET (LR) applicants are getting decisions quickly. In one case someone received decision within one month!

abhiasfriend
Newly Registered

Post by abhiasfriend » Sat May 06, 2023 6:27 pm

When we are paying on Home Office website, there is only 1 option of Standard route with fees as £2404. I think showing priority service fees is case by case basis. I don't know how Home Office decides, but I didnt get it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 06, 2023 7:08 pm

abhiasfriend wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:27 pm
When we are paying on Home Office website, there is only 1 option of Standard route with fees as £2404. I think showing priority service fees is case by case basis. I don't know how Home Office decides, but I didnt get it.
Not case by case basis.
Priority service slot is provided based on availability and capacity of the HO.