ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card lost

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmad1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP card lost

Post by Ahmad1 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:44 am

Hello, my wife has lost her BRP card just before we were planning to apply for Naturalisation, can I still apply for it and maybe get a replacement by then?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BRP card lost

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:08 am

Do you have a copy of the card?
Do you have a letter!email confirming ILR grant?
If so load either of those.
But apply for a replacement anyway so you have proof of your status for right of work etc Naturalisation can take between 2 and 6 months sometimes longer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ahmad1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmad1 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

thank you for the reply, yeah I have a copy of the BRP card I can upload that, so I don't need the physical one for the biometric appointment I'm gonna get later?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:42 am

Bring your passport and brp copy. UKVCAS will check your identity but won’t review the application. You can of course mention that you are going to apply for a replacement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.