ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Maintenance - Query !

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependent Maintenance - Query !

Post by immee » Thu May 04, 2023 9:14 am

Hi All,

Asking it for my niece who is planning to apply for a dependent of a Skilled worker in a few days..

So the main worker had this box ticked on the Certificate of Sponsor "Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependent, if applicable)" - he applied for his visa a month ago separately to make the whole process simple, was granted with the visa a couple of weeks ago and has arrived in the UK now...

Now they are applying for a dependent (partner) visa and have come across maintenance question where it asks "Has XYZ's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance on their certificate of sponsorship ?
so my question is
  • Would the answer to this question be Yes ? even if She is applying for her visa a month later, after arrival of the main applicant, and separately ?
  • If the answer to above is no, then issue is that although its a lower amount but they haven't maintained any maintenance in the account as they were not aware of the requirements.. in that case can they use Parents account for maintenance or are best to put the deposit in their account and wait for a month before they apply
Would appreciate response regarding this as they have asked me to find a solicitor for them to confirm this but i wanted to run it here on this forum first to check this as the requirements on the guidance doesn't clarify above point.

many thanks

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Maintenance - Query !

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu May 04, 2023 12:43 pm

No need to provide any bank statements or financial evidence if sponsor has certified maintenance in COS.

My spouse applied for her visa as my dependent 7 months after I got mine and I also had the checkbox checked. We selected the same option on her visa application. No issues whatsoever.