ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Successful ILR Application Journey After 3 Years on GTV : with own compnay– Details and Tips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

GTV only dependent Child - ILR time lines

Post by hirennc » Fri May 05, 2023 11:25 am

Hi,
Request your help as I am not able to find details on my specific case.

I am the recipient of the Global Talent Visa.

I am eligible for ILR on 15 Sept 2023. I entered the country on 10 Dec 2018 on a student visa and converted to a global talent visa on 15th Sept 2020.

I have only one dependent – my son –who will be 10 years old in Sept 2023. His BRP expires on 15 Sept 2023. He also entered the country as a dependent on a student visa on 10 Dec 2018.

My questions are:

1. Can he apply for ILR on Sept 2023 or does he need to extend the visa.

2. If he needs to extend the visa will he be eligible for ILR on 10th Dec 2023 – 5 years from the date of entry or 15th Sept 2025 – 5 years from Global Talent Visa? Should we extend his visa for 1 yr or 2 years?

Thank you very much for answering.

Regards,
Hiren

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: GTV only dependent Child - ILR time lines

Post by zimba » Fri May 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Children do NOT have a min residency requirement for ILR. Children can settle when both parents settle. Otherwise, they follow the immigration path of the less privileged parent. Also note that an extension visa period is fixed, you do not get to choose
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Re: GTV only dependent Child - ILR time lines

Post by hirennc » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:24 am

thank you very much. Appreciate your help.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

My Successful ILR Application Journey After 3 Years on GTV : with own compnay– Details and Tips

Post by hirennc » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to express my sincere thanks to this community and moderators for providing invaluable insights that helped me prepare my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application for 3 years on Global Talent Visa. I'm thrilled to share that my application has been approved.

Application Details
• Service Used: Super Priority Appointment (I managed to book a free appointment). Took Super Priority options as normal options takes long and cant travel till BRP is received. So paid for super priority appointment.
• Application Center: Hemel Hempstead Library, HP1 1DN. I would highly recommend as it is conveniently located with nearby parking options. The library offers seating areas, and the staff were courteous. Not many people at the centre.
• Biometric Appointment: Conducted on the 21st at 11:10 am
• Approval: Received approval email at 3:58 pm on the same day
Employment Details:
• Employment Status: Self-employed.
• Income: Dividend income and salary (via PAYE) from my own company
• Business: Own a company under a single SIC code of 62090 – Other Information Technology Services Activities
Documents Submitted
Mandatory:
• Passport: Note that I included all pages, even the blank ones, as I believe they check the periods you've spent outside the UK through visa stamps.
Additional Documents:
1. A company's P&L and BS accounts, including figures from the previous year.
2. A letter from an accountant, stating:
a. I hold a 100% share of the company and am a director.
b. The company is currently engaged in digital technology work.
c. Company profit for two years.
d. Salary, and dividend income information.
e. Specified UTR, NI and company name and registration number – so that they can pull out the tax details (which I paid in full to date)
3. Due to the absence of a P60, my Chartered Accountant advised me to submit:
a. SA302 for two years.
b. SA100 for two years.
c. HMRC SA100 submission response.
4. Dividend vouchers for the past two years.
5. Pay slips for the past two years: I only had one payslip per year, showing my salary processed via PAYE.
6. Tech Nation endorsement email (converted in PDF)
7. Old passport: This included details of my visits to the UK as a visitor many years ago.
8. Consent form Part A and Part B: Part B was submitted as my partner is also a director in the company, and full details were provided.
9. Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
10. National Identity Card- UID Unique Identity Card- Aadhar from India
I hope this information is useful for those preparing for their ILR applications. Feel free to ask any questions, and good luck to all applicants!

Best regards,