ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nzrmd
Turkey

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by nzrmd » Thu May 04, 2023 7:23 am

I disagree with this, I barely see approvals after Feb, my disclosure date is 9th of March (application date July 2021) and there is no update after. I think they will start sending approvals to everyone around same time. It was same for December ceremony. I believe we will start seeing approvals in a week or two
griffith2 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:08 pm
Guys i think one would be very lucky to get an approval and invitation at this stage because the next ceremony is only around the corner.

There are many including myself who have paid 950 and still waiting for an invitation.

I dont like when i say this but people with their Disclosure viewed will have to wait for a December ceremony unless the minister has a JR threat letter from someone.
I am saying this because my Disclosure was viewed in February but i was not invited in an unannounced March ceremony which was held in RDS Dublin. I know the wait is painful but even December is only a few months away. But i agree with others that just an approval letter is a relief itself.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:30 am

Guys, i received an email this morning .
They processed the application with a passport size photo that was not qualified.
Anyway i guess an invitation is the next correspondence that i should receive.

By the way
Nvb1 Jan 2023
Disclosure viewed Feb 2023
Approval March 2023
Paid 950 March 2023
Application processed email received May 2023.

So as you can see from the timeline how much time every step is taking. After an approval 950 is paid via inisonline.jahs.ie and ISD seems to be taking atleast 6 weeks to process the payment its the exact same as they renew an IRP card. I am happy to answer any questions or help. Thankyou so much guys.

Re: Citizenship Application Number: 0000000-CITZ-21, Person ID Number: 000000-00, as submitted by you.

A Citizenship Certificate Fee was processed on 04/05/2023. You will receive a letter from this office in due course regarding the final stage of your Citizenship application.

Please quote the Citizenship application number 0000000-CITZ-21 on all future communication with this office.

Regards,
Xxxxxxxx

Citizenship Unit
Immigration Service Delivery

An Roinn Dlí agus Cirt
Department of Justice
Bóthar Rósanna, Baile Thiobraid Árann, Contae Thiobraid Árann, E34 N566

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Thu May 04, 2023 12:42 pm

My husband already almost 5 month disclosure viewed and no updates yet... They are horrible, honestly

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Thu May 04, 2023 2:18 pm

Well my disclosure was viewed last year in April and extreme silence since then .

Straight forward application, no further documentation asked, not a single criminal conviction, never been in trouble.

I applied on 1st sept 21

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu May 04, 2023 2:33 pm

This is really ridiculous, a straightforward application for me as well, I don't know how some people get it faster than others. Literally, I prepared my documents with another friend and applied same time; she got it in December, completely similar profile, background etc. I'll definitely go with JR path after June, although I am still optimistic for the June ceremony.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu May 04, 2023 2:48 pm

Guys not to be confused.
950 acknowledgement email is not the same as processed email. An acknowledgement email is received soon after your card is charged BUT it takes about 6 weeks to process your application and an email is received like the one i posted earlier this morning.

Until you dont receive an email like this an invitation cannot be issued.

So people hoping to get an approval and invitation for June ceremony i must say the chances are quiet slim. ISD is not so quick in processing naturalisation fee as they also have a backlog of applications.

Example:
June ceremony
Someone whose disclosure is viewed must get an approval this week so they can pay the 950 this week and than wait 6 weeks for ISD to process the application and invitation also takes a few days to arrive.

I am sorry to say this but all others will have to wait till December.

grateful2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by grateful2020 » Thu May 04, 2023 3:08 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:48 pm
Guys not to be confused.
950 acknowledgement email is not the same as processed email. An acknowledgement email is received soon after your card is charged BUT it takes about 6 weeks to process your application and an email is received like the one i posted earlier this morning.

So people hoping to get an approval and invitation for June ceremony i must say the chances are quiet slim. ISD is not so quick in processing naturalisation fee as they also have a backlog of applications.

Example:
June ceremony
Someone whose disclosure is viewed must get an approval this week so they can pay the 950 this week and than wait 6 weeks for ISD to process the application and invitation also takes a few days to arrive.

Well realistically speaking I think you are right. I have had disclosure viewed since December and nothing since then. I have lost hope for June ceremony and am going for JR now (submitted solicitor fees today) - can JR speed things up or will that also imply a December ceremony now?

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu May 04, 2023 3:18 pm

I am positive because I assume there will be a mass approvals like 2022 October/November. Also, the number of people who got their approvals after March ceremony is extremely low, given that there will be a 2 day ceremony, I assume they will need more people. Overall, we will see it in a week or two if there is any mass approvals. That is why, personally, I'll wait till June to start JR process.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu May 04, 2023 3:28 pm

nzrmd wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:18 pm
I am positive because I assume there will be a mass approvals like 2022 October/November. Also, the number of people who got their approvals after March ceremony is extremely low, given that there will be a 2 day ceremony, I assume they will need more people. Overall, we will see it in a week or two if there is any mass approvals. That is why, personally, I'll wait till June to start JR process.
This is why I was still hopeful also. Obviously not everyone is using these forums, but still the number of approvals posted even seems low so I think in the next few weeks there will be batches of mass approvals if they are to fill 2 days of ceremonies. I think they also do 2 per day or am I wrong? Probably not everyone with evetting will get approval and invited but I'd hope a good few will.

USD001a
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by USD001a » Thu May 04, 2023 3:49 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Guys not to be confused.

Example:
June ceremony

This isn't correct. I paid my citizenship fee of 950 and received the confirmation email on 27/10/2022 and received the "processed" email on 10/11/2022. This is only 15 days - much less than 6 weeks!

I then received my invitation and was able to attend the 5/12/2022 ceremony.

I am still hanging around on this forum because my wife, who applied at the same time as me, is stuck with e vetting complete. But I still have some hope that she (and you) could receive citizenship this June if they start issuing approvals soon.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Thu May 04, 2023 4:03 pm

Thanks for small hope!

Staka68
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Staka68 » Thu May 04, 2023 4:54 pm

griffith2 wrote:

Example:
June ceremony

So you will be the only one attending the 2 days ceremony in June?
Don't spread incorrect info, it doesn t benefit anyone.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:58 pm

We will talk in a few days.

At this stage an intelligent and clever would tell their solicitor to write to the minister and get an approval and speed up the process for the upcoming ceremony rather than sitting home and waiting for an approval!

I did the same by the way. Solicitor wrote a letter and i had correspondence received the next morning.

Good luck

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu May 04, 2023 7:07 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:58 pm
We will talk in a few days.

At this stage an intelligent and clever would tell their solicitor to write to the minister and get an approval and speed up the process for the upcoming ceremony rather than sitting home and waiting for an approval!

I did the same by the way. Solicitor wrote a letter and i had correspondence received the next morning.

Good luck
My solicitor already did that a while ago, however no matter what, we will see some updates soon, especially the ones who finalized evetting (I hope)

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 9:21 am

Do you think it is worth now to send the warning letter via solicitor for my husband (applied July 2021 non EU Stamp1+4, 5 years, e-vetting viewed January 2023, since no updates) or wait couple of weeks (may it influe approval decision?)?

We really want him to be included to June ceremony,

For me (applied July 2021 non EU, Stamp 3 + 1G, 5 years, no e-vetting at all) no hopes to be included to June ceremony definitely send warning letter June-July

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 10:59 am

Called xxxxx solicitors and they advised don't send anything and wait until July 2023 (2 years), wow that's interesting, I thought lawyers are interested to start working to get money...

grateful2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by grateful2020 » Fri May 05, 2023 11:21 am

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:59 am
Called xxxxx solicitors and they advised don't send anything and wait until July 2023 (2 years), wow that's interesting, I thought lawyers are interested to start working to get money...
In your case you are not entitled to a JR yet; it's your right after two years. I applied in Feb 2021, evetting disclosure was done on Dec 2022 and the solicitor right away said to go for JR and not even wait for the approval. I think I agree; it's no use giving ISD the right to harrass us further. I have other meaningful stuff in life to handle rather than waiting for a post or email every single day.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:20 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:59 am
Hi Kristina,

Your husbands case is taking way so long. But i think you will get approval in the next few weeks.

May i ask you, do you have by any chance a correspondence letter from the DOJ the one which gives you a timeline of 12 weeks ? The same letter also states that the minister has requested a fresh Garda vetting and after background checks the file will be submitted to the minister for a decision.

If you do not have any letter like this that instead of threatning the minster for a Judicial Review you just have to tell the solicitor to enquire about a significant delay in your case (I did the same)

Some are predicting a magic will happen and mass approvals and invitations and processed email will be sent out in the next few weeks. Maybe, but think about yourself and trust me you have to fight for it.

If anyone would like to see how a 12 weeks timeline letter looks like than i happy to post the matter here.

I hope the above information helps.

Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri May 05, 2023 1:41 pm

The letter states on average it takes 23 months. So it can be shorter or longer. First threaten with your solicitor to go JR way. There are cases that they say they need more time even with JR threaten letter.

And even if you go to JR way they may show proof that there is a valid reason your application is taking too long.

First do FOI after around a year, at the end of 23 months if there is still no update, send a threaten to go to JR way via solicitor. See what they say. Then you can go to JR way.

Going to JR way is time consuming and expensive (as I've been told), it's commonly used as a scare tactic on ISD but it's not a golden ticket.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:55 pm

Yes agreed.

There was a case where the department replied after 2 years that your file is with the minister and a decision is yet to be taken and they took further 1 more year to issue an approval. The same guy was vetted twice in 3 years. At the end of 3 years an approval was issued after the minister was threatened for a Judicial Review.

For a straighforward case approvals are issued within 2 years but the ones who are vetted without any DOJ timeline letter and waiting months for an approval would still be sitting home until they decide to get back to them and fight for it because the immigration functionaries are too laid back.

I made a mistake in uploading a passport photo and i wrote an email and i i received a response after 4 weeks that we have a backlog of applications and we will be in touch with you when your application is in progress. This didnt happen for next 6 weeks in total. Previously they were processing the applications in a few days or weeks but not anymore. They will start doing it if they dont have enough invitees to attend the ceremony but who knows if this is all true and these are all speculations. Instead of waiting a few weeks and wasting time best is to fight for it if anyone would like to see themselves included in the upcoming ceremony.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 2:49 pm

What the letter about 12 weeks? It was with evetting (paper) or e-vetting (email)?

In the acknowledgement letter (dated November 2021), it said it is the process take 12 months from this point.

We done FOI, and it was useless October 2022.

When you mean fight, do you recommend do anything right now? I think if they not planned to include my husband to June ceremony, we have no time to do anything.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 3:37 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:49 pm
What the letter about 12 weeks? It was with evetting (paper) or e-vetting (email)?

In the acknowledgement letter (dated November 2021), it said it is the process take 12 months from this point.

We done FOI, and it was useless October 2022.

When you mean fight, do you recommend do anything right now? I think if they not planned to include my husband to June ceremony, we have no time to do anything.
Your options are these but not limited to:

1. At first Referring to the FOI Enquire the department about a significant delay in your case and based on the information available, request for a decision to be issued soon . I am 99% sure after this enquiry the department will issue a decision or a timeline letter which will include the number of days or weeks they need to issue a decision (Solicitor can do this for you)

2. Proceed with a JR threat letter (Solicitor can do this for you but it is expensive)

3. Sit and wait to see if they issue a decision themselves. (You could be sitting days months or even a year no one knows until you enquire so knock their DOOR)

N.B: The faster you get a decision the better as ISD inisonline.jahs.ie also have a backlog of applications. Say if you get a decision at the end of this month or even the start of June even than there is no guarantee that your husband will be included in the upcoming June ceremony so better contact them now as i dont see any reason why they are still unable to take a decision on your husband's case. (This happened to myself in the month of February and i missed the March ceremony and now i regret that i should have contacted them last year in December)

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Thanks!
At first Referring to the FOI Enquire the department about a significant delay in your case and based on the information available, request for a decision to be issued soon . I am 99% sure after this enquiry the department will issue a decision or a timeline letter which will include the number of days or weeks they need to issue a decision (Solicitor can do this for you)
Do you know how to do that? Should this be done only by solicitor or I can do it by myself?

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 5:31 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:40 pm
Thanks!
At first Referring to the FOI Enquire the department about a significant delay in your case and based on the information available, request for a decision to be issued soon . I am 99% sure after this enquiry the department will issue a decision or a timeline letter which will include the number of days or weeks they need to issue a decision (Solicitor can do this for you)
Do you know how to do that? Should this be done only by solicitor or I can do it by myself?

An enquiry letter with a solicitor's letterhead requesting a decision should not cost more than 200 euros.
The department does not always reply to the applicant's themselves but a solicitor.
I am not an immigration expert but i am telling you things what i have been through and my regrets.

They usually copy and paste same response's for example:

"your application is in progress"
"your application is at an advanced stage of processing"
"department has engaged in concentrated effort to process and complete all cases that remain outstanding"

I advice you to have a solicitor write a letter requesting a decision as they specialise in the areas of immigration and they obviously deal with the minister on a day to day basis.

Matter should include things like:

"Enquiry into a case that remain outstanding since 2021. E vetting Disclosure was viewed in the month of January, based on the information available in the FOI a decision should have been taken few months ago and request the minister to look into this as soon as possible and if no further documents or background checks are outstanding than request the minister to issue a decision"

DO THIS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

This was done in my case and the department replied the next day.
Best of Luck

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 6:43 pm

griffith2
Thanks a lot! Will try to do it ASAP!

I even don't ask tell about MY CASE - I have no e-vetting at all, applied the same time!