ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Passport Application FBR UK questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irishfinallymaybe1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

New Passport Application FBR UK questions

Post by Irishfinallymaybe1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:58 am

Hi guys, for those that have successfully got their passports back via the FBR route in the UK I have some questions.

Reading conflicting information on what I can send with the first application. I have the photos ready from a photo me booth, but daunted by how I can get my original passport (or driving license) and perhaps FBR certificate photocopied and certified as copies?

On my original FBR application a chartered engineer certified my application, so I was wondering if they could be the notary for the photocopies of my driving license and FBT certificate?

I've heard some people use royal mail to certify applications so a bit confused who can be the notary, and if anyone has gone the copy of FBR and copy of passport/driving license route? Don't want to send original passport and don't really want to send original FBR as heard some people have got them lost.

Any help appreciated on your own experiences.

Thanks

whiskeypause
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: New Passport Application FBR UK questions

Post by whiskeypause » Fri May 05, 2023 10:41 pm

The list of occupations who can witness the photos is started on the application form, and the application form also tells you that the same person can certify the copy of the passport (notarising a form is different to certifying a copy) - it has to be the same person doing both.

Just get a colour photocopy of your passport and stick the words on mentioned here - https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document - writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document, then them signing and dating it, and printing their name under the signature, and adding their occupation, address and telephone number.

It worked for me as my passport turned up last week.