ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements to prove earnings - embarrassing purchases

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joeg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bank statements to prove earnings - embarrassing purchases

Post by Joeg » Mon May 08, 2023 5:59 pm

To prove my income as the sponsor for my spouse, I need to submit bank statements for the accounts into which my salary is paid. This is fine, but I use the account for two things only - receiving the salary (which is then moved to other accounts), and buying online erotic materials that my wife and I like to watch together. So the statements each month basically show a salary paid in and then multiple online “erotica” purchases. Will this be grounds for the visa to be rejected or delayed? All is legal and all purchases are in relatively small amounts. I’m guessing I can’t redact transactions from the statements?

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statements to prove earnings - embarrassing purchases

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 08, 2023 9:43 pm

Joeg wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 5:59 pm
To prove my income as the sponsor for my spouse, I need to submit bank statements for the accounts into which my salary is paid. This is fine, but I use the account for two things only - receiving the salary (which is then moved to other accounts), and buying online erotic materials that my wife and I like to watch together. So the statements each month basically show a salary paid in and then multiple online “erotica” purchases. Will this be grounds for the visa to be rejected or delayed? All is legal and all purchases are in relatively small amounts. I’m guessing I can’t redact transactions from the statements?

Any advice greatly appreciated!!
It won't be ground for refusal.
You should not redact, it renders the document useless as you have tampered with it.
The CW is not concerned about your purchases/expenses or the balance on the account.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue May 09, 2023 11:50 am

As mentioned please do not redact or tamper the documents as this can stay with you forever, even if you get a visa and ILR and years down the line Home Office find out the document was tampered with it could be used against you to remove ILR or your status in the UK as being obtained by deception.

If relying on salary the case worker will not really care about other transactions as long as they are legal. Don't overthink, put yourself in the shoes of a case worker who has to go through so many applications. they only care to see the requirements are met legally and according to the rules. You say the transactions are legal, so there is nothing for the case worker to care about other than making sure the financial requirements are met.

You are overthinking. UK is a liberal society and most likely the case worker will just check details of the statement such as bank, date, etc. to make sure they meet the rules for the financial requirement and then check the amount paid in matches the payslip for the months provided.

But if you try to alter the document, and the case worker thinks the document does not look genuine this can cause big problems for you.

Joeg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Joeg » Thu May 11, 2023 2:52 am

Thank you for the feedback! I was worried it might be viewed as a sign that we are not a genuine couple or something, but I think you’re both correct and that I may well be overthinking.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 11, 2023 3:20 am

Joeg wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 2:52 am
Thank you for the feedback! I was worried it might be viewed as a sign that we are not a genuine couple or something, but I think you’re both correct and that I may well be overthinking.
You were over thinking. Good you got it in perspective now and can merrily proceed with the application.