ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visas for Europeans to the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Whatwasthat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visit visas for Europeans to the UK

Post by Whatwasthat » Tue May 09, 2023 3:16 pm

Can someone please advise me.
I have a Pakistani relative who gained citizenship in Greece. He has a National Id Card but not an EU Passport.
He wants to visit us for 10 days or so. You here a lot about settlement / pre settlement but not much on EU visitors to the UK.
Can someone please clarify if one needs to be his sponsor?
Does he need a visa before travelling from Greece?
Does he need a passport ?. He has a National Id card that is valid for 10 years.
Does he need the new Electronic clearance/ permission alert?

I have gone into the gov.uk website and started the form. I hope someone will clarify the above so i can apply with confidence on the applicants behalf.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visit visas for Europeans to the UK

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 09, 2023 3:39 pm

Whatwasthat wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:16 pm
Can someone please advise me.
I have a Pakistani relative who gained citizenship in Greece. He has a National Id Card but not an EU Passport.
He wants to visit us for 10 days or so. You here a lot about settlement / pre settlement but not much on EU visitors to the UK.
Can someone please clarify if one needs to be his sponsor?
Does he need a visa before travelling from Greece?
Does he need a passport ?. He has a National Id card that is valid for 10 years.
Does he need the new Electronic clearance/ permission alert?

I have gone into the gov.uk website and started the form. I hope someone will clarify the above so i can apply with confidence on the applicants behalf.
He needs a Greek passport. He doesn't need an invitation from you. He just needs to buy a ticket, and board the plane to the UK. He can even use the E-gates when he arrives here, thereby avoiding any conversations with anyone.
Safe to have a return ticket on him though.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Whatwasthat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Whatwasthat » Tue May 09, 2023 5:03 pm

He has an 10 year ID CARD will that suffice as an acceptable substitute for the lack of a passport?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:38 pm

Whatwasthat wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:03 pm
He has an 10 year ID CARD will that suffice as an acceptable substitute for the lack of a passport?.
He needs a Greek passport. He cannot use the his EU card if he is not resident in the UK with pre-settled status or settled status.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-th ... 20of%20Man
You cannot use an EU, EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK unless you:

have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man’s settlement schemes
have an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, or the equivalent from Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
Alternatively, apply for a visitor visa on his Pakistan passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.