ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Here's my canadian dilemma!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CB7648
Newly Registered

Here's my canadian dilemma!

Post by CB7648 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:59 am

OK Last year in 2007, my family and I (the eldest son) have been approved to move to Quebec after being interviewed and stuff in NYC.
Now my family's US Visa was expiring soon, so they left the US in July of 2007, without finishing the Quebec/Canada immigration process.
All that was left was to do and turn in the medical tests and police release papers or whatever.

When they got home to Ivory Coast, my father got lazy and decided not to follow through with the process, and left it at that.
I believe there was a deadline, to turn in the requested papers to finish to immigration process. And that deadline must have passed.

So my question is, I want to immigrate to Quebec alone without my family, so, can i pick up the process from where my family left off and do it for myself?
Would it be easier and faster since the Canadian Embassy in the US probably still has my application and documents on file?

Thanks in Advance.

cpnk_2000
Newly Registered

Re: Here's my canadian dilemma!

Post by cpnk_2000 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:31 am

Hi

I am also in a same situation as you. I have applied for Canadian PR from India in Sep 2004 and finally in Dec 2008 the canadian high commission asked for more documents to process further but I was in UK and did not send the required documents in the 90 days time so I got a refusal letter.

Can you please let me know what happened in your case and whether you were able to proceed further.

Cheers
Cpnk.
CB7648 wrote:OK Last year in 2007, my family and I (the eldest son) have been approved to move to Quebec after being interviewed and stuff in NYC.
Now my family's US Visa was expiring soon, so they left the US in July of 2007, without finishing the Quebec/Canada immigration process.
All that was left was to do and turn in the medical tests and police release papers or whatever.

When they got home to Ivory Coast, my father got lazy and decided not to follow through with the process, and left it at that.
I believe there was a deadline, to turn in the requested papers to finish to immigration process. And that deadline must have passed.

So my question is, I want to immigrate to Quebec alone without my family, so, can i pick up the process from where my family left off and do it for myself?
Would it be easier and faster since the Canadian Embassy in the US probably still has my application and documents on file?

Thanks in Advance.