ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

griffith2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:11 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:43 pm
griffith2
Thanks a lot! Will try to do it ASAP!

I even don't ask tell about MY CASE - I have no e-vetting at all, applied the same time!

Than your case is the same like mine.
No e-vetting till January 2023.

I can tell you now what will happen in both your cases:

Yourself:
Upon an enquiry letter you will receive a 12 weeks timeline letter and they will give you a form NVB1 to fill out and return so they can proceed with an e-vetting request. After an e-vetting a decision will be issued pending some background checks. The whole process will take 12 weeks but you will get a decision within 12 weeks. This is standard procedure and you will go through this.

Your husband:
Upon an enquiry submitted by your solicitor, i am still with a view that he will get a decision or a letter that expect a decision in a week or two as the file has been forwarded to the minister and a decision is yet to be taken.

Now lastly the upcoming ceremony.
If you get a solicitor to write a letter say on monday, your husband has 99% chances to get an approval and an invitation for the upcoming ceremony (Given he receives an approval letter next week)
and For yourself you will be taking an oath in December only !

As i said do this as soon as possible as an approval letter does not guarantees an invitation for the upcoming ceremony as there is another step involved inbetween and that is paying the 950 and waiting for a processed e-mail.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Fri May 05, 2023 7:31 pm

griffith2
Thanks a lot! Do you have any solicitor to recommend me, please? (DM)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:35 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:31 pm
griffith2
Please do NOT ask for this. You should use official solicitor society website to find one. Members are not permitted to recommend solicitors or give their details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:04 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:31 pm
griffith2
The boards rules does not let anyone do this.

Hire any competent solicitor. Someone who has a known background and inexpensive as your case is very straightforward. You just need them to write to the DOJ for an enquiry in your case(s)

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:11 pm

By the way people with "Disclosure Viewed" better get their approvals next week as the ceremony is only a few weeks away.

Maybe write to the minister and request for a decision unless the case is not so straightforward or any background checks pending !

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Fri May 05, 2023 9:43 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:11 pm
By the way people with "Disclosure Viewed" better get their approvals next week as the ceremony is only a few weeks away.

Maybe write to the minister and request for a decision unless the case is not so straightforward or any background checks pending !
Hey chill, no one knows. This time they won’t give the certificates so they will have some more time. I am very optimistic here. Again they need people to attend ceremony.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 am

This time they won’t give the certificates so they will have some more time
What do you mean?

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Sat May 06, 2023 11:22 am

KristinaT wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 am
This time they won’t give the certificates so they will have some more time
What do you mean?
They no longer give the certificates of naturalisation at the ceremony and instead post them out after. Means they have less to prepare before the ceremony so in theory should have more time for processing applications. Also means no certificate until around a month after.

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Wed May 10, 2023 5:21 pm

Still no sign of approvals?? 🤔🤔

Something is very sinister about this up coming ceremony .

Yes I know thousands of people ain’t on this forum , but still 🤔

grateful2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by grateful2020 » Wed May 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Mycalmo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:21 pm
Still no sign of approvals?? 🤔🤔

Something is very sinister about this up coming ceremony .

Yes I know thousands of people ain’t on this forum , but still 🤔
Emailed them for one last time this morning before solicitor sends JR letter; and even mentioned about JR in these words, "I know that I am entitled to a judicial review at this point, but one last time, I would like to ask if I can receive the approval and invite to June 2023 ceremony."

Response as follows:

Dear -------,

Please be assured that we will revert to you in due course. Your patience in this matter is appreciated.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk

Team 34

I've no idea what this means but something is definitely fishy this time around.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed May 10, 2023 6:50 pm

I keep seeing everyone saying something fishy is going on but what possibly could be fishy? It's still just under 6 weeks till the ceremony and someone else said they normally don't send invites till a week or 2 beforehand. So they still have 3.5 weeks left or so. Couldn't they also possibly send approval and invite to ceremony in one go and just not issue the cert till the 950 is paid? They haven't done it that way but they seem to be changing other things too.

USD001a
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by USD001a » Thu May 11, 2023 8:42 am

luxurylemon wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:50 pm
I keep seeing everyone saying something fishy is going on but what possibly could be fishy? It's still just under 6 weeks till the ceremony and someone else said they normally don't send invites till a week or 2 beforehand. So they still have 3.5 weeks left or so. Couldn't they also possibly send approval and invite to ceremony in one go and just not issue the cert till the 950 is paid? They haven't done it that way but they seem to be changing other things too.
I think it's understandable that people are suspicious given the deviation from the usual pattern and the total lack of transparency.

Still, I think you right and they'll be doing something a bit different this time. After all, they have to issue some approvals prior to the ceremony, and there have been almost none (recorded on this forum anyway) for months.

Either way, it's probably a good time to bring out Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." They're not the most competent bunch, clearly.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Thu May 11, 2023 8:43 am

As far as I am aware no invitations have been sent yet.

I take it no one on this forum has received an invitation yet.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu May 11, 2023 8:58 am

luxurylemon wrote:
... Couldn't they also possibly send approval and invite to ceremony in one go and just not issue the cert till the 950 is paid?
Hah, that raises an interesting question. Once you take the oath at the ceremony, you are an Irish citizen, full stop. What happens if you then refuse to pay the €950? It would be really strange to charge somebody who is an Irish citizen €950 just to avail of their rights as a citizen!

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu May 11, 2023 10:32 am

Yes you are right, I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since it doesn't seem they have sent many if any approvals yet 😆 and who knows what they are at

USD001a
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by USD001a » Thu May 11, 2023 11:02 am

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:58 am
luxurylemon wrote:
... Couldn't they also possibly send approval and invite to ceremony in one go and just not issue the cert till the 950 is paid?
Hah, that raises an interesting question. Once you take the oath at the ceremony, you are an Irish citizen, full stop. What happens if you then refuse to pay the €950? It would be really strange to charge somebody who is an Irish citizen €950 just to avail of their rights as a citizen!
It is the certificate of naturalisation that confers citizenship, not the oath.

IRISH NATIONALITY AND CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1956
14.—Irish citizenship may be conferred on an alien by means of a certificate of naturalisation granted by the Minister.

15.—Upon receipt of an application for a certificate of naturalisation, the Minister may, in his absolute discretion, grant the application, if satisfied that the applicant complies with the following conditions (in this Act referred to as conditions for naturalisation):

(f) he has made, either before a Justice of the District Court in open court or in such manner as the Minister, for special reasons, allows, a declaration in the prescribed manner, of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

You need to make the oath to get the certificate.

mejhia
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by mejhia » Thu May 11, 2023 12:59 pm

I paid my 950 fee in March and only got confirmation like two weeks ago. My husband paid May 5 and got confirmation today. Waiting now for the invite for June.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu May 11, 2023 1:03 pm

Well there goes my sneaky plan to save €950!
USD001a wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:02 am

It is the certificate of naturalisation that confers citizenship, not the oath.

IRISH NATIONALITY AND CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1956
14.—Irish citizenship may be conferred on an alien by means of a certificate of naturalisation granted by the Minister.

15.—Upon receipt of an application for a certificate of naturalisation, the Minister may, in his absolute discretion, grant the application, if satisfied that the applicant complies with the following conditions (in this Act referred to as conditions for naturalisation):

(f) he has made, either before a Justice of the District Court in open court or in such manner as the Minister, for special reasons, allows, a declaration in the prescribed manner, of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

You need to make the oath to get the certificate.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu May 11, 2023 9:59 pm

mejhia wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:59 pm
I paid my 950 fee in March and only got confirmation like two weeks ago. My husband paid May 5 and got confirmation today. Waiting now for the invite for June.
Great. What were your time lines

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Fri May 12, 2023 6:42 pm

Few approvals today it looks like, mostly from June/July '21 though.
I'd say we will start seeing a few more next week.
Wonder will many from Sept '21 onwards get it (husband is Sept '21).
At this stage I think there's still a slim chance for June but I'm probably more leaning towards Dec now all going well.

anxxxxie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by anxxxxie » Fri May 12, 2023 11:31 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:42 pm
Few approvals today it looks like, mostly from June/July '21 though.
I'd say we will start seeing a few more next week.
Wonder will many from Sept '21 onwards get it (husband is Sept '21).
At this stage I think there's still a slim chance for June but I'm probably more leaning towards Dec now all going well.
Application from October 2021 and I've just paid my fee today so can second your comment. What are the chances I'll be invited for June ceremony?

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon May 15, 2023 11:15 am

My husband received approval today.
Asks everything to be completed online and fee paid online. Also mentions original travel document (if applicable) to be returned by post but says NOT passports.
I assume that means refugee documents and not IRP, as it only asks for a scan of IRP online.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 15, 2023 11:18 am

luxurylemon wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:15 am
My husband received approval today.
Asks everything to be completed online and fee paid online. Also mentions original travel document (if applicable) to be returned by post but says NOT passports.
I assume that means refugee documents and not IRP, as it only asks for a scan of IRP online.
Yes, it's just refugee TDs.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Mon May 15, 2023 11:59 am

Evetting disclosure viewed on 21-Apr-2023 and no update Since.
Fingers crossed to see if I receive an approval

Application made 12-DEC-2021 based on Non EU 5 years residency.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Mon May 15, 2023 1:41 pm

anxxxxie wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:31 pm
Application from October 2021 and I've just paid my fee today so can second your comment. What are the chances I'll be invited for June ceremony?
I would say, it is almost certain that you will be invited to the June ceremony. Just follow the forum, if you don't see invitation when the others are getting (I would say early June), reach out to the department, but I don't think this would be the case.