ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Ceremony in 2023/4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdnmum
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: Upcoming Ceremony in 2023

Post by cdnmum » Sat May 13, 2023 2:38 pm

Hi, sent in my application package on July 1st 2022 and got my application number on 31st October 2022. Since then I've sent them two different emails asking two questions:

1) can I please have my original birth certificate back if you're done with it since I am going to need to use it for other paperwork?
2) if I'm to notify Citizenship if I leave the country for more than six weeks after applying or is, does that mean six weeks per year that I'm waiting to hear from you or is that six weeks in total?

Each time I got a generic reply telling me they can't advise on status of applications; please be patient. So still wondering about those two things, has anybody sent in similar queries and had an answer?

Also like previous poster I'm wondering if/when there might be an invitation in the post ahead of the June ceremony, but I don't have high hopes since in my letter from them last October I was advised that I could be waiting for up to 23 months. Also I haven't been contacted to pay or anything.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:45 pm

cdnmum wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 2:38 pm
1) can I please have my original birth certificate back if you're done with it since I am going to need to use it for other paperwork?
Did you send this in? Wrong choice. I sent in a certified copy only. Even form 8 states:
A certified copy of your original civil birth certificate, and a copy of a translation into
English if the certificate is in a language other than English or Irish.**
I don't think they're even expected to send back anything besides passport (and it was before the option of sending in a certified copy took place). You're in for a lot of communication with ISD about this. If I were you' I would look (for safety sake) about ways of replacing it.
cdnmum wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 2:38 pm
2) if I'm to notify Citizenship if I leave the country for more than six weeks after applying or is, does that mean six weeks per year that I'm waiting to hear from you or is that six weeks in total?
Not sure, but better to be safe and notify them per year IMO - I highly doubt six weeks will make a lot of changes to a two year waiting period.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

joleneeee
Ireland

Post by joleneeee » Sat May 13, 2023 6:49 pm

Hi All, I paid my 950Euro today, and I have received the payment acknowledgement e-mail confirmation same day. Do I need to receive another processed (payment) e-mail before the ceremony invite? I thought the payment acknowledgement is the last step before the ceremony invite...

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat May 13, 2023 7:05 pm

Yes another email to confirm payment processed which i got after few months

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun May 14, 2023 5:23 am

joleneeee wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 6:49 pm
Hi All, I paid my 950Euro today, and I have received the payment acknowledgement e-mail confirmation same day. Do I need to receive another processed (payment) e-mail before the ceremony invite? I thought the payment acknowledgement is the last step before the ceremony invite...
Correct about last answer, you got just one, but later (2/3-more weeks) you will get confirmation letter about payment processed and then separate email (or physical letter) as invitation to ceremony

joleneeee
Ireland

Post by joleneeee » Sun May 14, 2023 11:17 am

jesonnn wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:23 am
joleneeee wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 6:49 pm
Correct about last answer, you got just one, but later (2/3-more weeks) you will get confirmation letter about payment processed and then separate email (or physical letter) as invitation to ceremony
Thank you. After 22 months and checking my mailbox 2 times a day, going through so many steps, there are still steps to complete even after acceptance.... I am tired.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon May 15, 2023 2:26 pm

For those who received certificates in the post from the ceremony earlier in the year, how did it arrive?
Was it sent by registered mail which had to be signed for, or just popped in the letter box?
Was it in one of those do not bend envelopes?
I ask because my husband received approval today and we paid the fee so hoping for next ceremony.
If he is invited, we will most likely be out of the country when it arrives (we travel 2 weeks after ceremony and away for 4 weeks).
Just wondering will they put it in the letterbox or will I have to get my parents to keep an eye out incase they need to go collect registered post.
Also our postman tends to shove letters in so that they come out the otherside looking like they have been eaten :|

cdnmum
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by cdnmum » Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 am

@meself2:

Re: "Did you send this in? Wrong choice. I sent in a certified copy only. Even form 8 states:
A certified copy of your original civil birth certificate, and a copy of a translation into
English if the certificate is in a language other than English or Irish.**"

Thanks for your response. Kicking myself now for missing the fact that I could have sent in a certified copy of it. I'm leaving the country for four weeks in July and my number of days will then be exceeding six weeks since the date I applied, so I'll email them to let them know that.

I see that a few of you have have been contact for payment... nothing yet here so I'm not holding my breath. It's only been a ten and half months so I could be waiting until this time next year, who knows. Best of luck everybody :-)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:19 am

cdnmum wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 am
Kicking myself now for missing the fact that I could have sent in a certified copy of it.
The problem is that it's not like you could choose, really - you should've sent in a copy. They don't have an established process to send anything back. If you need your birth certificate any time soon, maybe ask how can you obtain a copy.

You can also try mentioning the situation when notifying them about you going abroad - maybe that'll help.
You also still need to go through eVetting before approval, but that's just a heads up.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mrworld9
United Kingdom

Post by mrworld9 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on when you should expect to receive an invitation letter to the citizenship ceremony after you have made payment. My application was approved a few months ago and I made payment immediately on the advice that I would be joining the June batch for the ceremony.

It's barely one month to the citizenship ceremony in June and I have not received any invitation. Do they send it by post or email? I'm hoping it comes by whatever means in the next week or so. Looking forward to having the ceremony next month.

Thanks in advance for your advice. Cheers.
Life is a journey.........

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm

mrworld9 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on when you should expect to receive an invitation letter to the citizenship ceremony after you have made payment. My application was approved a few months ago and I made payment immediately on the advice that I would be joining the June batch for the ceremony.

It's barely one month to the citizenship ceremony in June and I have not received any invitation. Do they send it by post or email? I'm hoping it comes by whatever means in the next week or so. Looking forward to having the ceremony next month.

We don't know yet. I don't think anyone got invited at this stage.

They used to send it by post before for big ceremonies, but recently (this year) they went with emails send 15 days (!) before the ceremony was meant to commence, eg post2106132.html#p2106132. Best bet is to just wait.

mrworld9
United Kingdom

Post by mrworld9 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Thanks a million @meself2.

No cause for alarm I guess :)
meself2 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm
mrworld9 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi all,

We don't know yet. I don't think anyone got invited at this stage.

They used to send it by post before for big ceremonies, but recently (this year) they went with emails send 15 days (!) before the ceremony was meant to commence, eg post2106132.html#p2106132. Best bet is to just wait.
Life is a journey.........

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Tue May 23, 2023 3:01 pm

Just received an invitation via email

mejhia
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by mejhia » Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Just received mine too. At around 14:00. Waiting for my husband's to arrive and hoping he got the second day as we can't go together (kids).

thatroger
Newly Registered
India

Post by thatroger » Tue May 23, 2023 5:09 pm

jbminger wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:01 pm
Can you share your timeline. When did you got your fee processed email ?

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Wed May 24, 2023 1:40 pm

thatroger wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:09 pm
jbminger wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:01 pm
Can you share your timeline. When did you got your fee processed email ?

ireland/2021-citizenship-applications-t ... 8-475.html

cazo23
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by cazo23 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone received invitation to June 20th?

Thanks

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu May 25, 2023 12:45 pm

cazo23 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:25 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone received invitation to June 20th?

Thanks
I assume only limited number of people got invited so far, I hope there is more invitations coming up. I got my fee processed email on 15th May, I think they will start sending more invitations soon.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Do many people who paid fees still didn't have email that they processed? (I didn't)

mejhia
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by mejhia » Fri May 26, 2023 10:15 am

RCCar wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm
Do many people who paid fees still didn't have email that they processed? (I didn't)
when did you pay?

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yk_Krsh » Fri May 26, 2023 4:49 pm

guys, realistically, is there any chance to get invited for this June ceremony if I got the email for the e-vetting just on May 22?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:52 pm

Yk_Krsh wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:49 pm
guys, realistically, is there any chance to get invited for this June ceremony if I got the email for the e-vetting just on May 22?
Barely any chance, assuming you mean '23. I got eVetting in April '23, took 2 weeks to process vetting itself, plus they need to process things internally. I wouldn't expect you'd be invited.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Fri May 26, 2023 5:58 pm

It would be fun, perhaps, to meet up somewhere after the ceremony for a quick immigration board pint. Maybe just at the hotel bar?

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Sun May 28, 2023 8:47 am

RCCar wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm
I paid on 15th May, I received this email yesterday...

A Citizenship Certificate Fee was processed on 27/05/2023. You will receive a letter from this office in due course regarding the final stage of your Citizenship application

Picklesthecat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Picklesthecat » Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 am

What happens if you can’t make it to the ceremony? just received approval letter and paid the fee. The next ceremony is June 19/20 2023, 3 weeks away. What are the chances I’ll get an invitation for that one?