ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa - Application form help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justaquery
Pakistan

PBS Renewal Query

Post by justaquery » Fri May 05, 2023 1:03 pm

I have to apply for PBS dependent visa renewal for my wife, it’s been 3 years since I last renewed her visa so I want to make sure I have the latest information.

My background: I was a Tier 2(General) visa from 2014-2019 and obtained my ILR after 5 years in Sep 2019. I applied for British citizenship 1 year after that and obtained it in Dec 2020.

My wife’s status: She originally got a PBS dependent visa when I was on Tier 2 (General) in Jan 2019. This was valid till August 2020.

When I applied for her renewal in 2020, I was on ILR, I submitted an application under a “PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependent partner” (as stated on her application) using my ILR as a reference. She got that visa and it is valid till Sep 2023.

Her current visa is expiring in Sep and she is about 5 months short of the residency requirements to apply for ILR so I have to renew her dependent visa one final time.

Questions:
1- Should I now renew her dependent visa under the ‘Skilled Worker’ dependent visa category?
2- Although I obtained British Citizenship at the end of 2020, can I still use my ILR number in the application as my BRP number?
3- This ‘Skilled Worker’ visa category seems new, if she gets a dependent visa under this category, it won’t reset her 5 year residency clock?

Thanks for all your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Renewal Query

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:27 pm

1. Yes, it will be a 3 year extension.

2. Yes or your tier 2 visa information.

3. It won't. Tier 2 has been renamed skilled worker
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justaquery
Pakistan

Re: PBS Renewal Query

Post by justaquery » Fri May 05, 2023 3:25 pm

Thank you!

justaquery
Pakistan

Dependent Visa - Application form help

Post by justaquery » Sun May 14, 2023 1:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Can someone please advise how I can answer the below questions on the dependent visa application form? I am extending my wife’s visa.

My Situation: I was on a Tier 2 General Visa from 2014 - 2019 (one from 2014-2017 and the second one from 2017 - 2020). After 5 years on a Tier 2 visa, I was granted an ILR on 15 Aug 2019. After 1 year on ILR, I was granted British Citizenship in Nov 2020.

- On the application form for the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa, initial eligibility questions are “Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in UK”, “Is your partner in the UK now?” “Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied? I have answered Yes to all three questions however, I am unsure how to answer the first question. Since I have been on ILR since Sep 2019, is it right to answer Yes to that question? The next eligibility question is “What Visa have they applied for?”. I have answered “Skilled Worker” but I am confused as I have not been on Tier 2 since 2019, is it still right to answer “Skilled Worker”?
- Under the “Family and relationships” section on the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, it asks about the nationality of the married partner. In the previous two PBS dependent visa applications for my wife, my nationality was Pakistani. However, now I have a British nationality as well. Should I now say that I have Pakistani or British Nationality? I currently have no immigration status tied to my Pakistani passport as I am a UK National so I am unsure how to answer this.
- Under the “People applying with you” section on the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, it asks “does HUSBAND already have their skilled worker visa?” I have selected “Yes” but I am unsure if this is the right answer, as I have not had a Tier 2 visa since September 2019. Please advise how to answer this?
- Under the “People applying with you” section on the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, it asks “Do you have HUSBAND’s UAN?” I have said No as I do not have the UAN from my old application. Will this impact the application outcome?
- Under the “People applying with you” section on the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, it asks “Do you have an application reference number for HUSBAND?” I have said “Yes, their BRP number” and then provided my the BRP number from my ILR. However, my ILR is no longer valid as I am a British National. Is this the correct response?
- Under the “Partner application Details” section on the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, it asks for:
- SOC Code
I do not know the SOC code. When I applied for her initial PBS dependent visa in 2019, it only asked for my certificate of sponsorship number. When I applied for her extension in 2020, it did not ask for the SOC code as that application form was much simpler. How do I answer this question without knowing the response? I changed jobs after I got my ILR in 2019 so I cannot ask my old employer.

- On the PBS Dependent skilled worker visa form, there are now a number of questions on medical treatment. It is asking whether my wife went to A&E or to a doctor/clinic etc. Over the past 4 years, my wife has been to A&E and has had ongoing medical treatment for multiple medical conditions. It would be impossible to remember the exact number of times she has talked to the GP and in which month/year. Does she need to list every single GP appointment details? Does this cover phone appointments as well?

Thank you in advance for all your kind help.