ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing place of birth on Naturalisation Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TariqGalis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing place of birth on Naturalisation Certificate

Post by TariqGalis » Mon May 15, 2023 2:52 am

Hi Can yo uplease help on the following.

I first arrived in the UK back in 1990 ogether with my mother and 5 siblings as refugees.
I was 14 yeras old. I was not born from the country we fled from but all my siblings and my mother were and for the fear of further scrutiny in our asylum application my mother mother claimed we were all born in the country we fled from without any proof to which was acepted by the Home office and were granted Indefinate Leave back in 1997. I have naturalised since 2001 and have held UKPassport all showing my incorrect place of birth.

As a 46 Year now I am somewhat unconfortable with this and want my correct place of birth showing in my Passort to which I can also obtain proof my qiestion/s are?

1, Can I change or correct these details at the Home Office to show my correct place of birth on my Naturalisation certificate?
2. Can I be stripped off my now UK nationality, be deported?
3. What other detrimental effect can this have on me and current Uk Nationality?

I appreciate you time taken readining this and i thank you in advance for your eductaed responces

Kind Regards

Tariq

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Changing place of birth on Naturalisation Certificate

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon May 15, 2023 9:24 am

Hello

Many asylum seekers I spoke with change parts of their stories for whatever reasons. That includes the country of origin.

There is a saying in Arabic: leave the well with its cover.

I wouldn't go now opening a can of worms about that.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 15, 2023 11:39 am

If a fundamental detail like place and country of birth can be knowingly wrongly declared, HO may wonder what other untruth can be uncovered.
The jeopardy not only for you but for all other family members that went through the process at same time.
Do remember that one can be stripped of BC at any age if uncovered to be obtain by what is termed deception.
As per @Zerubbabel, let it slide.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 15, 2023 12:02 pm

TariqGalis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:52 am
Hi Can yo uplease help on the following.

I first arrived in the UK back in 1990 ogether with my mother and 5 siblings as refugees.
I was 14 yeras old. I was not born from the country we fled from but all my siblings and my mother were and for the fear of further scrutiny in our asylum application my mother mother claimed we were all born in the country we fled from without any proof to which was acepted by the Home office and were granted Indefinate Leave back in 1997. I have naturalised since 2001 and have held UKPassport all showing my incorrect place of birth.

As a 46 Year now I am somewhat unconfortable with this and want my correct place of birth showing in my Passort to which I can also obtain proof my qiestion/s are?

1, Can I change or correct these details at the Home Office to show my correct place of birth on my Naturalisation certificate?
2. Can I be stripped off my now UK nationality, be deported?
3. What other detrimental effect can this have on me and current Uk Nationality?

I appreciate you time taken readining this and i thank you in advance for your eductaed responces

Kind Regards

Tariq
2 words. Pandora's Box!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!