ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing information in detailed SAR. Need help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

te23
United Kingdom

Missing information in detailed SAR. Need help.

Post by te23 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:10 pm

I did a subject access request mainly to get my entry and exit dates, but also to get a copy of two documents that I had sent with my leave to remain visa forms, as I have misplaced them, but need for my British citizenship application requirements.

Even with the detailed SAR, they didn't provide a copy of the my documents that they must have a copy of in my case files? It's only been a few years (less than 5 years), so could it be that they have lost my records? Can I write to them about this or is it futile?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Missing information in detailed SAR. Need help.

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:52 am

You are free to contact UKVI of course. We wouldn't know whether they lost or mislaid documents.
Could you perhaps specify what documents you are looking for and are needed for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

te23
United Kingdom

Post by te23 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:26 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:52 am
You are free to contact UKVI of course. We wouldn't know whether they lost or mislaid documents.
Could you perhaps specify what documents you are looking for and are needed for naturalisation.
The life in the UK certificate which I have lost and stamped pages from my previous passport that the stamps aren't showing clearly on anymore.

te23
United Kingdom

Post by te23 » Mon May 15, 2023 11:25 am

Would the detailed SAR not include this information? Do I need to make a specific request?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:10 pm

The Home Office is well known to be tardy with record keeping.
Also consider that paper documents aren't necessarily scanned into their system, or incomplete. This should be better with online application, but who knows.

As far as the degree is concerned shouldn't you get an official copy from the uni anyway? And whether it's actually required, as you will have ticked the option "provided for a previous application". The in/out passport stamps aren't that critical as you don't have to prove absences as such. My take on this, others may give further thoughts on this,
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

te23
United Kingdom

Post by te23 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 12:10 pm
The Home Office is well known to be tardy with record keeping.
Also consider that paper documents aren't necessarily scanned into their system, or incomplete. This should be better with online application, but who knows.

As far as the degree is concerned shouldn't you get an official copy from the uni anyway? And whether it's actually required, as you will have ticked the option "provided for a previous application". The in/out passport stamps aren't that critical as you don't have to prove absences as such. My take on this, others may give further thoughts on this,
Thanks- I mean certificate for the life in the UK test, not my uni certificate. I lost that and apparently it can't be reissued.
I passed it in 2017.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:13 pm

Then you have no choice but take it again, it's £50 but at least you can progress your application.
Trying yo correct past Home Office records, if at all possible, could be a lengthy exercise.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:13 pm
Then you have no choice but take it again, it's £50 but at least you can progress your application.
Trying yo correct past Home Office records, if at all possible, could be a lengthy exercise.
I could be wrong because this HO FOI response is from 2016 but it might be possible to not have to take the test again:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... t?unfold=1

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 16, 2023 6:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 17, 2023 8:19 am

Secure English Language Tests and Life in the U.K. tests results are verified against the provider databases shared with the Home Office. They are often considered as one time usage documents and once verified are not always retained.
The Home Office does not require further verification that you hold Life in the U.K. as once entered onto the system it has no expiry date.
The provider will be able to supply you details of your test if you require verification again for a future application.