ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return from schengen country to Ireland Right before IRP expired

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weiyiqiu
China

Return from schengen country to Ireland Right before IRP expired

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu May 11, 2023 11:00 am

HI,

My current IRP Stamp4 will be expired on June 1st 2023. I have submitted renewal request this week and am waiting it to be processed.

I plan to have a quick trip in Schengen country between May 24-May29. Will airport or immigration cause problems when I return from Schengen to Ireland on May 29th (2 days before IRP Expired :lol: ) Should I prepare to show them that I have submitted IRP renewal request? Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks in advance

luxurylemon
Ireland

Re: Return from schengen country to Ireland Right before IRP expired

Post by luxurylemon » Thu May 11, 2023 12:37 pm

We returned from France once with just 2 weeks left on the card. We ha da renewal appointment next day. No issues, but we also had a little longer

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 11, 2023 8:24 pm

There won’t be any issue whatsoever, but if you can show that you have made a renewal application, it may make it easier for you to pass through the border.

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Fri May 12, 2023 10:27 am

Thank you friends for replying! I will try and let you guys know. :lol: It should be okay. Irish Immigrate are always so nice!

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu May 18, 2023 3:52 am

Hi
Hope you are doing well.
Just a question, the website of most Schengen country says, GNIB has to be valid 3 months after retuen date to Ireland….. may I ask you if you card is going to expire soon how come you have a valid Schengen visa for your trip now?

We are planning now in the coming weeks to travel to Schengen (France) and then in December, but by then his card will be reaching expiry date which concerns me that he will not get Schengen visa up till then, just till before expiry of 3 months of this gnib card.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 18, 2023 4:36 am

White_Pearl wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:52 am
Hi
Hope you are doing well.
Just a question, the website of most Schengen country says, GNIB has to be valid 3 months after retuen date to Ireland….. may I ask you if you card is going to expire soon how come you have a valid Schengen visa for your trip now?

We are planning now in the coming weeks to travel to Schengen (France) and then in December, but by then his card will be reaching expiry date which concerns me that he will not get Schengen visa up till then, just till before expiry of 3 months of this gnib card.
Visas can be valid for multiple entries. Plus, the 3 month rule is merely a suggestion. No embassies will refuse your visa purely based on that.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu May 18, 2023 7:23 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 4:36 am
White_Pearl wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:52 am
Hi
Hope you are doing well.

Visas can be valid for multiple entries. Plus, the 3 month rule is merely a suggestion. No embassies will refuse your visa purely based on that.
Hi Littlerr,

Yes, i understand that multiple entry can be issued. But it means then that they can also issue a visa beyond the expiry of the GNIB card…..? That is just surprising me, well if that is the case that is good news and onto the officers to issue a visa beyond expiry of the GNIB….. 😊

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri May 19, 2023 11:08 am

Yes my partner usually just gets a 5-year Schengen visa while her IRP is valid for less time.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri May 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Fingers crossed for my hubby…. Just dropped his application to the centre. Its such a hassle to get an appointment. Hopefully it will be for a longer time period!!

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 am

I applied Schengen visa in Nov last year while my IRP has 8 month before expiration. They issue me a 2 year Schengen visa. So as long as you have a valid stamp4 it should be okay.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Mon May 22, 2023 12:01 pm

Thanks for answer and have a nice trip