ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employed in a company with different Branch Name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employed in a company with different Branch Name

Post by MakeRed » Fri May 19, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi,

I currently hold a Tier2 visa and my ILR is due in a few months from now ( October 2023 ). The main company that I was employed at had created different branch for various reasons. With company name being [Name] Group Ltd and branch [Name] Services Ltd.

I was initially being paid via [Name] Group Ltd but later on it changed to [Name] Services Ltd .

The branches are still under the same management but registration numbers are different. I can still get the letter from the initial branch [Name] Group Ltd. But my salary slips and bank account deposits are under the [Name] Services Ltd.

I had previously asked them to inform via SMS, And the previous HR said to me that they have done so.
[Name] Services Ltd was added as a 'branch' of [Name] Group Ltd (a company under common control of the parent or 'head office'- and we've advised you are working at the branch.

But we never got a response to the said change and I totally forgot about the matter.

I can get the letter for ILR from the parent company but I have a fear that the discrepancies will be a major issue. I will be paying for my ILR and don't want this to be a bottleneck leading to refusal? Any clues as what should i be doing ?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employed in a company with different Branch Name

Post by zimba » Fri May 19, 2023 4:07 pm

How you 'feel' is not important. Businesses often change their structure. As long as you are employed by the parent company and they updated the UKVI (without any objection from UKVI), I see no issue at all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MakeRed » Fri May 19, 2023 4:21 pm

Thanks for your reply. Does the branch company shows up in SMS portal. I believe we never got an response from UKVI . So was wondering if there is a way to know that UKVI is aware of this change and have recorded it ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 19, 2023 4:33 pm

Ukvi do not reply or respond to every sms update

You are overthinking. They will have access to all the sponsor details and notes etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MakeRed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MakeRed » Fri May 19, 2023 5:36 pm

Thanks for taking time and replying to my queries. Have a great weekend ahead. Cheers