ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer administrative removal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Overstayer administrative removal

Post by kimbrulait » Sat May 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Is there a way to know if a person has been removed? I sponsored a person who was then convicted of crimes against me and the UVKI refused his visa feb 11, 2018. They advised he would likely try to use his child as a means of making a human rights claim. This would be impossible to prove their was a relationship. Is there a way to find out if he as removed, left or if there was a human rights tribunal hearing?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Overstayer administrative removal

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 20, 2023 6:53 pm

UKVI would not deal with you I guess, for data privacy reason.
There are no tribunals deciding human rights applications (I believe).
Have you tried tracing the person yourself? It's amazing how much info one can unearth on search and social media sites.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Sat May 20, 2023 7:23 pm

Well it was UKVI that told me he was likely making a human rights claim. He is on social media but its not revealing much. Data privacy prevails. Ive tried everything i can think of.

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:53 pm
UKVI would not deal with you I guess, for data privacy reason.
There are no tribunals deciding human rights applications (I believe).
Have you tried tracing the person yourself? It's amazing how much info one can unearth on search and social media sites.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 21, 2023 9:21 am

If the human rights claim was based on access to your joint child you would know about it. He would have to have an access order from the courts to demonstrate his continued contact. If you have not had an order then that would suggest he has not relied on the child for continued stay.

There is no human rights tribunal in its own right, any immigration appeals go through the same system.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Sun May 21, 2023 3:46 pm

Frontier Mole - thank you for that information! All these years I did not know that! That's so good to know. So I suppose if he is still there is simply living the overstayer life. If he's been deported or removed I wish I had that peace of mind. The last thing I know he was convicted of harassment in January 2022 for violating the restraining order I have against him. I know he got caught working illegally. The police told me they found him through financial records before but when they contacted UKVI they weren't taking immediate action but that seemed to be in the worst of the pandemic. They UKVI have had possession of his passport since since July 2017 and it was a 10 year passport with 9 years remaining.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 21, 2023 6:53 pm

What country is he from?

An expired passport is not an issue for removal purposes nor is the fact the Home Office has his passport. He can readily get a new passport from his embassy, consulate or high commission.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Sun May 21, 2023 7:59 pm

He is from Algeria. I thought you had to have proof of leave to remain to get a new passport in the country you are in? He claimed a few years ago on social media that he had not been able to leave to see his mother because he did not have his passport. I suppose perhaps he just knows if he leaves he cant return.

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 6:53 pm
What country is he from?

An expired passport is not an issue for removal purposes nor is the fact the Home Office has his passport. He can readily get a new passport from his embassy, consulate or high commission.